Chapter 87

Something Called Love...

“Are you okay now?” she asked. Ayumi came for a visit the next day with her cousin. As soon as she arrived, she went to hug her best friend after hearing what happened yesterday.

Ji Eun nodded with a small smile. “I’m fine but Yoochun-sshi… he’s injured.” She replied worriedly.

“Any news about Soojin?” Yunho asked his personal assistant. After what happened, he moved Ji Eun and the twins to a more private room with securities outside the door.

Changmin nodded. “She was brought to the police immediately yesterday and they assured us that she won’t create anymore trouble to your family.” He confirmed.

“That witch! She caused too much trouble! How did she even get in here?” Ayumi hissed. She had had enough of hearing Soojin’s name alone. “Are the twins alright?”

Yunho felt his heart sunk at Ayumi’s words. He felt guilty of yesterday’s incident. He should’ve known that Soojin was out for revenge. If only he had settled the problem with her earlier. His mistake caused a terrible trauma to his family and Yoochun.

Ji Eun shifted her attention to the twins sleeping beside her in bed. After the incident yesterday, she had been keeping the twins close to her at all times. “They were a bit shocked. I guess they’re fine now.”

“They’re strong just like their mother.” Ayumi added with a smile, the cheeks of the newborns.

“The pictures that she sent to Ji Eun fell into the hands of the press. Articles popped fast out of nowhere framing her. As a celebrity, it ruined her image and I think that’s why she wanted revenge.” Changmin explained.

“Looks like she got a taste of her own medicine.” Ayumi commented.

“Well, the important thing is she’s not gonna disturb us anymore.” Yunho spoke up after being silent for a while.

“About Yoochun-sshi you don’t have to worry. The doctor said that the cut wasn’t too deep. He was stabbed with a penknife. He even just woke up this morning.” Changmin added.

“Can we visit him Yunnie?” Ji Eun turned to her husband with hopeful eyes. Yunho smiled and nodded softly.


“Baby… I’m sorry.” Yunho suddenly spoke on their way to Yoochun’s ward.

Ji Eun sat in the wheelchair while holding the twins in her arms. “Why Yunnie?” she asked, curious.

“I’m a bad husband and father. What happened yesterday… if only I had been more careful… I’m sorry.” He suddenly stopped walking, his head hung low.

“Oppa, you have been a great husband and father. If you’re bad, you would never come back for us.” Ji Eun softly shook her head as her husband kneeled in front of her.

“But… I can’t forgive myself for what happened…” he held the wife’s hand.

“We’re fine Yunnie. The babies were simply shocked from the loud noise. I’m worried about you. I know you injured your arm, I saw a bruise earlier.” Ji Eun tried to comfort him.

Yunho rubbed the side of his arm. “This is nothing compared to what you and the twins felt. I’m sorry…”

Jiyool suddenly whined in her mother’s arms as Yunho quickly picked her up. “Jiyool don’t wan’t appa to be sad or she’ll be sad too… right honey?” Ji Eun mumbled as if reading the babies actions.

The father’s mouth finally curved into a small smile as he gently rocked Jiyool in his warmth. “Appa promise to take good care of you guys and your omma.”

He kissed the twins in their foreheads as Ji Eun watched with a smile. “Let’s forget the past and concentrate on our future.” She added.

Yunho nodded as a promise as they all shared a warm family hug. A few minutes later, they arrived in Yoochun’s ward. He was leaning against the bed with a book in his hands. He looked so relaxed as if he was having a morning coffee on the bed.

“You don’t look like you just got 10 stitches.” Yunho commented as they entered.

He just laughed it off with a remark. “I’ve got into something worst than this.”

“How are you doing?” Ji Eun asked.

“I’m fine. It’s nothing serious don’t worry.” Yoochun assured, patting the wound softly. “How are the babies? They must be quite shocked.”

“They’re fine.”

“Can I hold them?” Yoochun asked, exchanging glances with the parents beforehand.

He carefully held Jiho in his arms, observing the features on the baby boy. “They do look like the mini versions of you guys.” He chuckled.

“When will you be discharged?” Ji Eun asked.

“Shouldn’t I be the one to ask you that?” Yoochun asked back. “The doctor said that I need a week rest at least. It’s good, I need a break from work once in a while.”

“I want to go home soon too. It’s stuffy in the hospital.” Ji Eun nodded.


The next day, Ji Eun was already discharged by the doctor. Yunho was helping her pack her clothes while the mother was wrapping the twins in their new blankets. They exchanged smiles and occasional glances towards each other without saying a word. It’s definitely the happiest time in their married life.

“Aigoo~ there! My cuties are all ready to go home!” Ji Eun cooed cutely at the babies.

Jiyool and Jiho blinked innocently at Ji Eun while snuggling closer to each other. The mother could see small smiles were forming on their small lips. It seemed that they understood her.

“Yunnie, are we going home by ourselves?” she asked, turning her attention to her husband.

He smiled and nodded softly just as he finished packing her bag. Yunho placed all their things in one place so that it’s easy for him to transport their stuff. “Unfortunately, everyone’s at work. But they said they’ll come and visit later.”

“Oh, well I called Ayumi just now. She might have some time to help.”

“We’ll stay at your mother’s house for the time being. So, we’ll head straight there later.” Yunho explained, wrapping one arm around his wife.

“Why?”

The new parents stared lovingly at the most wonderful thing that were happening in their life right at the moment. They were still overwhelmed with everything that happened in that week. One thing’s for sure, it strengthens their love more.

“Baby, you’ve just been discharged. You need a lot of rest to recover yourself. Mum could help us take care of Jiyool and Jiho together.” He kissed her temple gently.

“Arasso…”

“Ji Eun-ah! Here, I brought the… you guys are leaving?” Ayumi came running into the room.

Ji Eun gave an apologetic look at her best friend. “Mian Ayumi… the doctors already discharged me today.”

She stared at the sleeping twins in Ji Eun’s bed. They were yawning cutely while occasionally blinking their eyes. They sure do look sleepy.

“What am I supposed to do with this?” Ayumi sighed, showing the box of medicine that Changmin’s mother aka her aunt asked her to bring after she heard Ji Eun just gave birth.

“Thank you Ayumi-ah.” Ji Eun took the box from her. “Yunnie, maybe we could give some to Yoochun-sshi?” she suggested.

“Right! Yoochun is still here. That would be great for him to heal faster.” Yunho nodded in approval.

“Can you send this to Yoochun-sshi?” Ji Eun held out the box towards her best friend who stared at her with a dumbfounded look on her face.

“W-what? B-But I…”

“We’d appreciate it if you do. Is it okay Ayumi?” Yunho replied with a hopeful look.

“A-arasso… but I’ll just be quick since I have to get back to class later. Changmin oppa is already waiting.” She nodded in defeat before giving Ji Eun a goodbye hug. “I’ll come visit soon.”

***

Ayumi anxiously knocked on the door of Yoochun’s ward. She waited and knocked again for almost a minute without a reply. Glancing at her watch, she decided to just enter and leave as quickly as possible.

“Aish, no wonder he didn’t answer.” She mumbled silently to herself at the sight of sleeping Yoochun on the bed.

Quietly, she tip-toed to the bed and placed the box carefully on the bedside table. Turning her back, she was about to leave when she heard a voice calling out to her.

“Who are you?” the sleeping Yoochun asked.

Ayumi gulped nervously and slowly turned around. “I-I’m s-sorry… Ji Eun a-asked me to g-give that to y-you…”

Yoochun was now wide awake, eyes staring at the box Ayumi placed a while ago. “What is it?”

Ayumi blinked confusedly at him. He pointed to the box as she mentally smacked her head for her temporary confusion. “Why are you stuttering? I’m not gonna eat you.” He chuckled.

“F-fish e-essence. It’s good t-to heal internal w-wounds.” She smiled nervously, still stuttering.

He smiled, glanced at the box of fish essence and nodded. “What’s your name?”

“E-eh?”

“Your name.”

“Ayumi. I have class so I have to leave now. Have a good rest.” She bowed hurriedly before dashing out the door leaving Yoochun chuckling at her strange actions.

TO BE CONTINUED

updated! sorry if this update is quite short. kinda have writer's block right now. hope you guys will enjoy! thanks for reading!

P/s: any additional suggestion? Just asking.

PLEASE CHECK my Yunho Oneshots colection