Making It Up To You

Something Called Love...

[Yunho’s POV]

I woke up that morning with an empty space at the other side of the bed. Ji Eun always wakes up earlier than me, but nowadays she seemed to wake up much earlier than before. I could also sense that she had a hard time falling asleep. She would usually fall asleep in my arms, but I only saw her eyes closed and I wonder if she’s sleeping or not.

I walked out of the bedroom, looking for her. I pretty much guessed she would be in the kitchen, preparing breakfast. Ji Eun never forgets her daily chores in the house, the only thing that changed is how she does them. We just got home from her parents house two days ago and she already got me really worried.

“Morning baby,” I greeted her as usual. Ji Eun was busy by the stove, she barely turned around when I greeted her.

I waited for a few minutes for her reply, but I received none. She must be lost in her thoughts again. I walked closer to her and slowly wrapped my arms around her waist from behind. I whispered the greetings in her ear while resting my chin on her shoulder.

“Morning,” she mumbled in a bored tone.

I pulled Ji Eun away from the stove and made her sit on a chair. “Your hands still hurts right? Let me do this,” I offered as I helped serve breakfast.

Ji Eun didn’t really talk much throughout breakfast, she just replied my questions with a simple nod. It breaks my heart seeing her in this vulnerable state. How would she react if she knows that we are still keeping more secrets from her? Especially about me hiring a private investigator for her.

“Baby, what’s with the long face?” I asked her who was lying on the bed after breakfast.

Ji Eun just shook her head, playing with the edge of the pillow sheet. “Nothing,”

“Is this about what happened with your dad?” I guessed, sitting at the other side of the bed while facing her.

“Not really, maybe just a little…” Ji Eun mumbled while pouting.

Aigoo~ she still looked cute. She would usually act like that if she’s sulking with me. Sulking? Maybe she was sulking with me. After all, I broke my promise twice and even missed her birthday. Aish, how come I forgot about that? I promised myself to make it up to her.

“Why don’t you go get dressed up? I want to bring you somewhere,” I suggested as she gave a confused yet curious look at me which I replied with a smile.

**

“Where to oppa?” Ji Eun asked as soon as we were seated in the car.

I smiled in relief, she sounded more alive now. That’s the Ji Eun that I wanted to hear. “It’s a surprise~” I sang, adding more to her curiosity.

She was quiet throughout the ride, but I could tell that she’s almost bursting with questions. Could she already guess what this surprise was for? I kept quite, not wanting to ruin the surprise. To be honest, I didn’t even prepare this. It just popped into my mind when I thought about it this morning.

Ji Eun tilted her head in confusion when I pulled up by a school. An dog school by the way. I walked with her, hand in hand as we reached the receptionist.

“Jung Yunho. I’m here to see Taepoong,” I told the secretary at the counter. She immediately recognized me and gestured us inside.

“Taepoong? Who’s Taepoong, oppa?” Ji Eun asked curiously. All the while, she’s been holding tightly onto my hands out of fear or excitement?

I smiled as we reached the backyard of the school. “Taepoong-ah! Come here boy!” I called out and made a clacking sound with my tongue.

Ji Eun stared weirdly at me with her big doe eyes and looked around. A few seconds after, a barking sound was heard as we saw a Siberian Husky running over to us. It looked as if Taepoong was charging towards Ji Eun since he came running from her side.

She widened her eyes and immediately ran, afraid that she might be ran over by my pet. “Ahhh! Oppa, help!” she yelled, protectively making me as her shield.

I chuckled at her adorable reaction as I ordered Taepoong to sit. Ji Eun was holding tightly to the back of my shirt and buried her face in my back. “It’s… it’s a d-dog?” she asked.

“Why? You’re afraid of dogs?” I asked teasingly. I hope she’s not allergic to dogs or my plan will be ruined.

“Only large ones. Why is it so big?” Ji Eun asked in a whining tone. Aigoo~ if only I could reach to pinch her cheeks.

“You should’ve seen Jaejoong’s dog. Vick’s huge, maybe even bigger than you,” I joked, but winced when she replied by pinching my back.

“Don’t worry, Taepoong’s nice. He won’t hurt you,” I assured her. “Come, greet him,”

Ji Eun peeked a little from my back, making me look like a large tree for hide and seek. “A-annyong, Taepoong-ah…” she greeted, slightly waving her hands at him.

I smiled as I crouched to his level, his thick fur. He replied with a friendly bark. “Yeah, I miss you too boy,” I answered him.

Ji Eun also crouched, still hiding behind my back. I guess she was still intimidated with Taepoong. “Meet my wife, Ji Eun. You should behave with her alright?” I introduced both of them to each other.

Ji Eun reached out her hands timidly, afraid to pet the dog. I pulled out her hands and made them pet Taepoong. The dog sat down obediently when she did that and just stared at her with a friendly look. He gave a friendly bark which meant that he likes her.

“I think that means he likes you,” I told Ji Eun.

Her nervous expression turned into a wide smile as she continued petting my dog. And finally she smiled, oh how I missed seeing that smile. That genuine smile Ji Eun has everytime she’s happy about something. I was glad she found that smile back.

“He’s cute oppa!” Ji Eun squealed like an excited child. “Good boy Taepoong!”

I was glad my decision to bring her there was worth it. We stayed there for a few hours, playing and enjoying our time with my dog. Pets can be a really great comfort when someone is in stress and I could clearly see Ji Eun enjoying her time there.

But I have to say that I was a bit jealous with Taepoong. Ji Eun was playing with him and hardly paid any attention to me. Sometimes, she acted as if I wasn’t even there. Aish, Jung Yunho, how can you be jealous to a dog? She loves you more, I hope so.

All of a sudden, Taepoong came running towards me while pulling Ji Eun with him. He ran in circles nonstop. Unfortunately we didn’t notice the dog’s leash was wrapped around our legs. When he ran away, Ji Eun was pulled towards me and our legs were tied together by the leash.

“Ahh!” Ji Eun yelped, bumping hard to my chest. “Aigoo~ Taepoong-ah!” she whined at the dog.

“I guess he knows that it’s my time now,” I smiled, proud at my intelligent dog.

Ji Eun tiled her head to the side, slightly confused with my words. I didn’t reply with words, instead I answered her confusion with a kiss on her lips. She smiled in the kiss, probably understanding what I meant as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I gently cradled her body close to me, kissing her ever so lovingly.

I missed kissing her like this, holding her body close to mine and not even caring what’s happening with our surroundings. I must’ve been gone for too long as I could sense that she missed me too. We pulled away gently when Taepoong barked at us, he must be jealous. Sorry boy, but she’s mine.

I was still holding Ji Eun in my embrace, inhaling that sweet scent that I loved so much. “God, how long did I left you?” I questioned, mainly to myself.

“About five days. Why?” Ji Eun told me the exact answer.

Five days? I really left her for that long? No wonder she left for her parents, Ji Eun must be scared staying alone at home. A lot must’ve happened in those five days and I knew I haven’t fully make it up to her yet.

“I missed kissing you, holding you close to me like this,” I confessed.

Ji Eun blushed as she stared gently into my eyes. “Me too,” she simply replied as she leaned her head on my chest, starting to doodle on it. Again.

Oh no, not the doodling. I couldn’t handle that. Her delicate fingers gently brushing my chest like that always made me feel at the edge of going crazy. If this wasn’t a public place and Ji Eun wasn’t so naïve and innocent, I might attack her. Aish, I mentally smacked myself for thinking like that.

“B-baby? I think we should leave now, it’s lunchtime,” I reminded, slightly pushing her away from me.

Ji Eun nodded obediently and helped me untangled Taepoong’s leash. We bid him goodbye and sent him inside. My wife frowned when we waved goodbye to Taepoong. If we didn’t stay in an apartment, I would probably bring him back home. But I guess he’ll be fine there, go get a PhD boy.


Ji Eun was feeling much better after they visited Taepoong that morning. She was cleaning up the house, trying to pass the time away and not thinking too much about her misery. Yunho was siting on the couch, eyes glued to the newspapers. It looked like a typical married life scene.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang as Ji Eun ran to open the door. When she did, there was no one at the front door. Just as she was about to close the door, someone jumped in front of her. What made Ji Eun more shocked was that someone was a clown, fooling around in front of her.

Ji Eun stared wide-eyed at the silly clown, gripping tightly to the feather duster in her hands. “Ahhh!!!” she yelped, smacking the clown with the feather duster.

“Get away from me! Yunho oppa, help!” Ji Eun yelled at the top of her lungs, continuously smacking the poor clown.

“Yah! That hurts!” the clown pleaded, trying to denfend himself from her lethal attacks.

Yunho came running towards his wife a few seconds after as Ji Eun immediately ran into his arms. “What’s wrong baby? A thief?” he asked, protectively shielding her.

“No! T-there’s a c-clown!” Ji Eun squeaked, pointing frantically at the slightly ajar door.

Yunho furrowed his eyebrows as he slowly opened the door. A hurt looking clown was crouching at his front door, rubbing his sore head. The clown lifted his head to look at him and then gave a cheeky smile.

“Annyong hyung…” the clown made a peace sign.

With just one look at his face, Yunho already knew who was the guy dressed in a clown suit. He grabbed the clown’s right ear and pulled him up to stand. “What are you doing in front of my door dressed as a clown Junsu-ah?!” he yelled in the guardian angel’s ear.

“Relax hyung… I was just tryin to cheer her up. That’s all…” Junsu mumbled guiltily, trying to make himself look innocent.

“You scared my wife!” Yunho barked, making the poor dolphin boy jumped.

 **

“I’m really sorry hyung… I didn’t mean to scare Ji Eun. How should I know that she would be scared?” Junsu defended himself.

The poor guardian angel was sitting at the opposite of the couple, looking very guilty of what he had done. Ji Eun has finally calmed down, but she scooted closer to her husband in case anything happens.

“I hate clowns. They look scary and nowadays there’s lots of horror films…” Ji Eun reasoned, defending herself. She wasn’t even sure the Junsu sitting in front of her is her guardian angel.

“Mianhe Ji Eun-ah, oppa promise I won’t do that again,” Junsu apologized, raising his hands in defeat. “Aish, I should’ve bought the angel costume,” he mumbled under his breath.

Ji Eun was still scared, she was hugging tightly on Yunho’s left arm while staring at Junsu. Her husband noticed that and sighed. “Would you take off that costume now? You’re scaring Ji Eun. I don’t want her to get nightmares from this,” he ordered.

“Err… can I borrow your clothes hyung?” Junsu pouted, showing his puppy eyes.

“Don’t tell me you came all the way here dressed like that!” Yunho exclaimed, rubbing his temples at Junsu’s antiques.

Just then, the doorbell rang again. This time, Ji Eun refused to open the door but she also refused to stay with Junsu in the living room. In the end, she followed her husband to the door while holding tightly onto his arms. Jaejong was standing at the front door with his arms crossed.

“Did Junsu get here?” he asked.

The couple just replied with a nod. Jaejoong sighed heavily as if he already knew what happened when he saw how petrified Ji Eun looked. “Junsu-ah!” he yelled and stepped into the house.

“You scared her right? I told you not to wear that!” Jaejoong scolded the poor guardian angel.

“I’m sorry! I really didn’t mean to…” Junsu bowed several times.

“Serves you right,” Yunho scoffed, glad that Jaejoong also scolded him.

Though she was scared, Ji Eun was sorry to see Junsu being scolded by the two men. “Kwenchana Junsu oppa. But next time… just be yourself,” she comforted him with a smile.

“And you Jung Yunho! You better make it up to Ji Eun because you left the other day!” Jaejoong turned to face Yunho with a protective brotherly look on his face.

“I already did okay? And there’s still more…” he mumbled the last sentence to himself.


“We sure had a long an exciting day today,” Ji Eun chuckled to herself while she was washing the dishes.

“Exciting? Shouldn’t it be scary? Seriously, even that costume gives me the creeps,” Yunho added.

Ji Eun just nodded as they headed to their bedroom after that. Yunho was rummaging his closet for his favourite work outfit when he turned around with a frown. His wife noticed that and approached him.

“What’s wrong oppa?” she asked.

“Where’s my blue pinstriped shirt?” he asked.

“I just washed it this morning. Are you sure it’s not here?” Ji Eun checked hs closet again.

Yunho shook his head and then pouted. “Maybe it’s in the laundry room. I want to wear that tomorrow, can you please get it for me baby?” he requested with his own set of irresistible puppy eyes.

Ji Eun nodded with a smile as she headed to the laundry room. A few minutes after, a scream was heard from the room as Yunho smirked and headed there. His wife was standing in front of the door, shocked at whatever was inside the room.

“O-oppa… this…”

“Happy belated birthday baby~” Yunho cooed in her ears. “I’m sorry if I’m late,”

Ji Eun tunred around and immediately hugged him. She was touched at what he had done. She was shocked that he knew her birthday, she was already forgetting that incident that happened on her birthday.

“Thanks… but how did you know?”

“A husband should know and remember when his wife’s birthday is right?” Yunho replied while caressing her cheeks.

“It’s so big oppa…” Ji Eun stared at her present.

Yunho bought her a large brown teddy bear with words sewn on it’s tummy and soles of it’s feet. It wrote ‘Yunnie oppa~’ at the teddy’s tummy and ‘Love’ and ‘You’ was sewn on it’s foot. Ji Eun brushed her fingers at the teddy’s soft fur.

“You don’t like it?” Yunho asked anxiously.

“No… I love it! Thanks oppa…” Ji Eun assured him with a smile and hugged the large teddy.

“It’s just a temporary substitute if I have to work outstation again,” he joked, relieved that his wife liked it.

Ji Eun inhaled the teddy’s scent. “It smells a lot like you oppa,” she chuckled.

“There’s more,” he said. “Open your locket,” he ordered Ji Eun to open the locket that he gave to her on their wedding party.

Ji Eun curiously opened the locket and found words engraved inside it. It wrote ‘Yunho <3 Ji Eun’ on one side and on the other side, ‘Know that I will always love you’.

“Oppa… w-when did you…”

“It doesn’t matter. Just know that I will always love you, no matter what,”

“I… I love you too Yunho oppa,” Ji Eun finally confessed in front of him.

Those words took Yunho off guard, but he was relieved to hear that after waiting for so long. He locked her in his embrace, this could be the happiest day for him. It took Ji Eun some time to say those words to him, but she picked the right time to confess her real feelings.

“I think it’s time for you to kiss me now,” Ji Eun joked, slightly blushing with what she said.

“Do you even have to ask?” Yunho replied teasingly as he locked her lips with his.

whew~ that took a while. but i'm quite satisfied with this chapter. what do you think guys? please enjoy my update! <3 as requested, a fluff and sickeningly sweet Yunho-JiEun interactions! hope you guys will like this. i also added dorky Junsu and protective brother Jaejoong! there'll be more sweet interactions from them in the future!