Verbal Battle

Something Called Love...

“Oppa~!” the wife called out from the bedroom.

Yunho who was already dressed for their double date with Jihye came running into the room, holding a glass of water in his hands. He stared questioningly at his wife who was frowning in front of the mirror.

“Yes?” he asked, earning a shy smile from his wife.

She stood up and slowly approached him before hesistantly asked him. “C-can you z-zip it up for m-me? I can’t reach it…” Ji Eun requested.

At first the husband was just standing there with a raised eyebrow, not comprehending what she said until she turned around making him face her back. Yunho almost dropped the glass in his hands at the sight of his wife’s . It’s a sight that he never seen before to be honest. Apparently she had trouble reaching to zip up her dress and asked him to help her.

“Can you help me oppa?” she repeated the question as she herself was blushing.

Honestly she would have done it herself, but the zipper was being stubborn and she had to ask for help. It took him a few seconds to regain back himself from the state of shock. He placed the glass of water on the dresser and walked closer to her.

Yunho watched her reflection in the mirror, the pink blush was still apparent on her cheeks. Ji Eun gave him a small smile as they made eye contact, showing that she trusted him. He unconsciously traced her spine with his right index finger, earning goosebumps on her skin. He watched her expression on the mirror and playfully smirked, making her blushed redder.

The husband pulled up the zipper, purposely brushing the back of his hand on her back. When he finished, Ji Eun quickly turned to face him and smiled. “T-thanks oppa,”

 No problem. Do you want me to it for you later too? Was the reply that he wanted to answer. Instead, he just replied, “No problem,”

Ji Eun looked up to her husband, feeling slightly intimidated with that playful smirk on his face. Yunho bent down to her eye level and whispered in her ear while brushing his cheek against hers.

“Baby…” he whispered, his tone of voice different that the usual. “I want y-”

“Water?” Ji Eun quickly guessed, grabbing the glass on the dresser and handed it to him.

Yunho took the glass and stared at it, before taking a gulp of water and placing it back on the dresser. Just as he was about to continue what he just said, the wife quickly fixed his tie and dusted his suit. She accidentally brushed her fingers softly on his chest which made him stiffened from the touch.

Yunho held her hand in place, making her stop and face him. She could see the change in his eyes as he took a deep breath before leaning to her ear. “We are seriously gonna miss the double date if you keep seducing me,” he whispered with his deep voice and kissed her cheek.

Ji Eun was taken aback by the statement and stared blankly at him. “Huh?” she asked.

“Nevermind, let’s go,” he pulled her out of the room.


“Tell me again why Jihye wanted to have a double date with us?” Yunho asked, frowning as he looked around the restaurant.

“Maybe she wanted to introduce you to someone?” Ji Eun replied innocently.

Yunho frowned even more. He already planned to spend the weekends with his wife but he had to comply when she pleaded that they should go on a double date with Jihye and her date.

“Do I look good oppa?” Ji Eun asked, paying close attention on brushing her dress.

“You only have to look good for me Ji Eun-ah,” her husband replied sarcastically, already sounding jealous.

“I have to look good as your wife. What would people say if I don’t?” she answered as matter-of-factly.

Yunho just pouted in return as Ji Eun fixed his tie and straightened his suit. He likes it when she does that, it shows her qualities as a good yet young wife. She was tugging onto his necktie which made him move forwards, closer to her.

“Baby…” he called out as Ji Eun lifted her head to look at him. His thoughts of what happened earlier at home came pouring in.

As soon as she did, he lightly pecked her lips which instantly made her blush deep red. “Oppa, there’s people watching!” she squeaked, glancing around her.

“There’s no one here,” he reasoned, smiling cheekily at her.

“Sorry we’re late!” a young girl called out, running towards their table with a tall man following behind her.

Yunho stood up from his chair, ready to scold his sister for coming late, but stopped. His expression turned shocked when he saw Shim Changmin following closely behind his sister. He never expected to meet the young boy again. Maybe it’s Jihye’s boyfriend?

“Oppa, mianhe. We’re caught in traffic,” Jihye excused, pulling Changmin to the table. “By the way, I’m sure you still remember Changmin don’t you?”

“Why him?” was the first question that came out of his mouth. Changmin stared into his eyes when he said that and then smirked.

“Why not me?” the witty younger man replied.

“So, you’re really going out with my sister?”

“Is there any problem with that?” Changmin retorted. “It’s better than dating your wife,” he snapped back.

“What?!”

Sensing that World War 4 might start, Ji Eun pulled her husband to sit while motioning the other couple to take their seat. She tugged onto her husband’s sleeve and gave a look that meant ‘behave yourself’. Yunho just sighed in return and turned to look at his sister’s new boyfriend.

“Mianhe oppa, Changmin really likes to joke. He didn’t really meant what he said,” Jihye apologized on behalf of Changmin.

“He should’ve at least show some respect for someone who’s older than him,” Yunho mumbled under his breath.

Ji Eun nudged him. “What? Why is it that you two kept defending him?!” he snapped.

“Maybe we should order first?” Jihye nervously reached for the menu and buried her face in it.

They finished ordering and the meals were being served as they started eating. Yunho kept observing Changmin the whole time. He widened his eyes when he saw how much the boy could comsume in one meal. No wonder Jihye learned how to cook from his wife. He cleared his throat, catching the attention from everyone at the table.

“So, why do you date my sister?” Detective Jung started his interrogation.

Instead of being nervous, Changmin just smirked in return. “Because I want to?”

“Do you like her or not?” he continued, raising his eyebrows.

Even Jihye stopped eating and payed attention at what Changmin would answer. She was curious too. Changmin looked up from his food and stared into Yunho’s eyes.

“I wouldn’t date her if I don’t like her,” he answered honestly.

“Aww, so sweet,” Ji Eun cooed. Jihye blushed at her boyfriend’s words while Yunho nodded understandingly.

“Are you a or not?” Yunho suddenly asked. It sounded so much like he was interrogating him.

That question made everyone stopped eating. Jihye choked on the water as she stared shokingly at her brother. Ji Eun gazed at her husband, curious as to why he asked that question.

“W-what?! Oppa~!” Jihye whined as heat started to creep up her cheeks.

Changmin who was calm was also taken aback at the question. He raised and eyebrow and replied him with a question. “Why so sudden?”

“Just answer me,” Yunho’s gaze was serious. Tension was filling the room’s atmosphere.

“What about you then? Are you a or not?” he asked the question back to him.

Yunho was taken aback, he didn’t expect Changmin to attack him with the same question. The boy smirked when he saw the shocked expression on his face. “I asked you first! B-besides… I’m already m-married…” he stuttered, trying his best to answer.

Yunho unconsciously glanced at his wife and saw that she was blushing pink from the question. He nervously cleared his throat. Sensing the increasing tension in the room, Jihye interrupted.

“Err… why don’t we change the topic here?” she suggested.

It took Yunho a few seconds to regain his composure before asking his next question. “What about you Jihye? Do you like him?” Detective Jung asked his sister.

His sister’s few nods of enthusiasm was enough to make him believe her. He took a few minutes of deep thinking before he spoke in authority. “Arasso, since Jihye likes you too, there’s nothing I could do than support her too,”

Jihye let out what sounded like a long sigh of relief. Truth was, she was having butterflies in her stomach since her brother first made eye contact with Changmin. She stood up from her chair and bear hugged her brother.

“Really? Thank you! Thank you! Thank you oppa!” she squealed in delight, jumping up and down excitedly.

“Yes, yes, don’t get over excited,” Yunho couldn’t help but to smile, seeing his sister happy. He patted her back before she pulled away and sat back on her chair.

“What about omma and appa?”

“They were fine with it,” she replied happily.

Changmin caught a glimpse of Ji Eun who was quiet when the conversation was held. She just watched the interaction between the siblings and couldn’t help to feel slightly jealous since she didn’t have any siblings. How she wished that she would at least have a brother to share her love with.

“You okay Ji Eun-ah? You seemed quiet,” Changmin commented, jolting her back to reality.

“Huh? Oh nothing, I’m glad to see that unnie is happy,” she replied with a smile.

“But, I’m still not quite convinced with you Changmin. You better take good care of my sister because you’re the first person I’ll be looking for if anything happens to her,” Yunho warned, the overprotective brother aura shining around him.


Yunho was driving home after the dinner. He noticed that Ji Eun was rather quiet throughout the dinner date. She was just gazing out the window, looking at the beautiful night sky. He wondered what happened to her.

“Baby, is something wrong? You seemed rather quiet today,” he asked, stopping at the red light.

“Oppa…” Ji Eun muttered, eyes still outside the window. “Do you love Jihye?” she asked.

The question made Yunho wondered why, but he answered nevertheless. “Yes, she’s my sister, the only sibling I have. Of course I love her,” he replied honestly.

“Unnie is very lucky to have a brother like you,” she mumbled in return, a small smile on her face.

Her husband was hit with a realization at her words. She must be feeling jealous of the interaction between the siblings. She might be wondering why she didn’t have any siblings. That made Yunho felt guilty all over again.

“You have a brother too Ji Eun-ah. There’s Jaejoong,” he replied.

His wife turned to face him and tilted her head to the side. “Really? Ah, right! And Junsu oppa too!” her face suddenly brightened when she mentioned that.

“Yeah sure, Junsu too,” Yunho smiled warmly at her as he turned around the corner. “They already considered you as their sister,”

“Baby sister you mean,” Ji Eun suddenly pouted. “Junsu oppa keeps calling me ‘baby kitty’,”

“He still does that? I told him many times already!” Yunho widened his eyes, slightly gritting his teeth.

“Kwenchana oppa, at least it made me feel like I have brothers,” Ji Eun patted his shoulders to comfort him.

That sentence made Yunho stopped his plans to scold Junsu later on. If it makes his wife happy, then he should just let it be. They already arrived home as Ji Eun unlocked the door and stepped inside. Yunho slumped his body on the bed, exhausted from his verbal battle with Changmin earlier.

“Oppa, change your clothes first,” Ji Eun nagged, being the housewife that she is.

Yunho groaned, face buried in the pillow. “Can’t I just sleep like this baby?”

Sensing that her husband wouldn’t move any second she took the initative of taking off his clothes. Just when she successfully took off the blazer, Yunho sat up and faced her. His eyes are full of question and curiosity.

“What are you doing? Are you seducing me again?” he playfully muttered with a smirk on his handsome face.

“Huh?” she replied, staring at him with her innocent doe eyes.

That innocent tone made her more irresistible to him as he slowly leaned in and kissed her lips. Ji Eun didn’t expect the kiss but she gradually get used to it after a few seconds. He s his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to his body. As he was about to reach the zipper of her dress, he remembered what Jaejoong reminded earlier and stopped.

Ji Eun who had her eyes closed and arms around his neck, opened her eyes when she felt her husband pulled away from the kiss. “What’s wrong oppa?”

“Nothing, just sleep. We have a long day tomorrow,” he smiled and pecked her lips before pulling her to sleep with him.


 

again, for the hundredth time, i'm so sorry for the late update. i'm finally able to write this chapter after much difficulty. please tell me what you think. did i already get back my muse?

thanks so much for those who subscribed and especially to those who commented. your comments meant a lot because i reviewed them to dig any ideas from there. it really helped me. so keep the comments coming^^*

hope you like this chapter. <3