Relations And Realisations

Something Called Love...

Everyone was anxiously waiting for Ji Eun’s condition. She had been in the emergency unit for two hours already with no news at all. Junsu was pacing up and down in worry while Hyundong and Jihye was trying to calm down Misun.

Jaejoong was standing and leaning against the wall, deep in thoughts. He was thinking of the bracelet he saw on Ji Eun’s wrist. He had the exact bracelet with his initials on it. he kept a mental note to ask his mother about the matter.

Who is she? Why does Ji Eun have the bracelet? Could she be…

His thoughts were interrupted when Yunho came rushing in with Yoochun following closely from behind. He got all worked up, seeing the look on each of their faces.

“Jaejoong-ah, where’s Ji Eun!” he practically shouted at him rather asking.

His friend squeezed one of his shoulders, “Calm down Yunho-ah, she’s still inside the emergency room,” he replied.

“What the hell is she doing in there for so long?!” he yelled, agitated and worried at the fact that his wife is still in there after his flight from Japan.

Yunho practically yelled at the pilot to fly Yoochun’s private jet faster and threatened to fire the pilot if he didn’t get there in time.

Misun stood up and hugged her son. His eyes were getting teary, he couldn’t really describe the feeling. It pretty much felt like the time Ji Eun drowned, but the feeling was ten times much worse.

“We just have to wait and pray for her safety. I really hope Ji Eun and her baby won’t have any complications,” Misun told him.

Her words shocked him, “Her baby?” Yunho broke away from the hug and stared at her.

“We think Ji Eun is pregnant,” she replied.

“B-but omma…” he tried to deny, but he wasn’t sure if the truth should be told.

Before he could say anything further, the doctor, Dr. Kwon came out of the emergency room. She walked over to the group of people, “All of you are Ji Eun-sshi’s family?” she asked.

Yunho stepped forward, “I’m her husband Jung Yunho. Doctor, how is my wife?”

The doctor sighed heavily and took a deep breath before she spoke. The rest of them held their breaths for what they were about to hear.

“It seemed that she was poisoned. We tried our best to pump out the poison from her stomach, but most of them already went to her bloodstream,”

“Poisoned? Will she be okay?” Yunho widened his eyes in fear. She must’ve hurt a lot. How could Ji Eun get poisoned?

“What about her baby?” Misun managed to ask.

Dr. Kwon had a rather surprised look on her face when she heard the statement, “Ji Eun-sshi is not pregnant. If she is, the poison could harm her even worse,” she replied.

“She’s not? But… she showed signs of pregnancy,” Jihye reasoned.

“That is the effect of the poison. It appears as a toxic to the body, paralyzing some of her body systems which results in headache, fatigue and most definitely vomiting,” the doctor explained further.

The rest of them, excluding Yunho and Yoochun had a disappointed look on their faces. They had high hopes of Ji Eun being pregnant and it was in fact a misinterpretation.

“Don’t worry about her not being pregnant. You should be thankful that she’s not, the effects might be worse if she does,” Dr. Kwon comforted them with a smile.

“How’s her condition now?” Yunho asked, that was the most worrying thing for him.

“We’ve tried our best to eliminate the poison from her body, but she might still have some after effects from it,” she clarified. “Right now she is still unconscious and needs a lot of rest. If her body responds to the medicine I gave, she’ll probably be conscious by tomorrow,”

“If she doesn’t?” Jaejoong asked.

“We’ll just have to wait and pray for the best,” the doctor patted his shoulder.

“Can we see her now?”

“Of course, but we have to place her in the ICU for 24 hours observation. Preferably not too many people at once,”

“I’ll… get us some drinks,” Yoochun suggested, giving way for her family to enter first as Jaejoong and Junsu sat on the waiting chair.

“Yunho-sshi, can I have a word with you?” Dr. Kwon requested, stopping him from entering the ward. He was reluctant, but she added, “It’s about Ji Eun-sshi. Important.”


Yunho was now in Dr. Kwon’s office, as she gestured him to sit down, “What do you need to tell me doc?” Yunho asked, wanting to meet Ji Eun as soon as possible.

“At first I thought that Ji Eun-sshi was having a normal food poisoning, but later I found out that there was an actual poison in her. It comes from what she consumed.” The doctor started her explanation.

“You mean there’s an actual poison in her food?” he guessed.

“Either that or she consumed the poison by herself. But I highly doubt she would ever do that,”

“So you’re saying that somebody poisoned my wife?”

“I’m afraid so. According to the rate of poison distribution in her bloodstream, it probably happened one or two days ago,”

“Who would want to poison Ji Eun?” he asked to himself. “Dr. Kwon, my wife will be fine right? S-she won’t die right?” he stuttered, afraid of the worst.

“We’ve tried our best. Hopefully she responds positively to the medicine I gave her. You need to pray for her safety,” she advised.

Yunho left the doctor’s office a few minutes later, thousands of different thoughts running through his mind at the moment. He needs to investigate this matter. Whoever hurt Ji Eun will have to face him and be punished severely.


 The sound of her pumps tapping loudly on the hospital floor as she glanced at the hallway of the emergency unit. She peeked to see Jaejoong and Junsu waiting outside the ICU while the rest of them were gone.

She smirked to herself. Truth was, she heard all the doctor’s explanation about Ji Eun’s condition and she was very statisfied to hear it. Her plan to vanish Yunho’s wife from the face of the earth was working pretty well, except for a few interruptions.

“If this doesn’t work, I still have other plans for you Lee Ji Eun,” she sniggered in an evil tone.

“If I can’t have Yunho oppa, then neither can you!” she warned, whispering silently to herself.

She was in fact the Jung couple’s most dangerous enemy yet, Kang Miyoung. It was she who poisoned Ji Eun at the dinner two nights before. She acted like a saint in front or everyone when the truth was, she has many evil plans up her sleeve.

Miyoung left the hospital after taking a last glance at Ji Eun’s ward, reminding herself to make an appearance there tomorrow. However, she didn’t notice that her whole conversation with herself was heard clearly by Yoochun.

Yoochun went to get some drinks for all of them when he accidentally bumped to Miyoung. He hid and listened to her words as he widened his eyes in shock. It was Miyoung who poisoned Ji Eun?

Yoochun was honestly shocked and worried when he heard that Ji Eun was admitted to the hospital. He couldn’t deny them, he still have feelings for Yunho’s wife. He knew that it was wrong to like someone else’s wife, someone else’s property, but feelings cannot be controlled.

When he heard about the truth and Miyoung’s plan, he had to surpress the urge to strangle and kill her right there and then. Should he tell Yunho of what he just heard? Or should he settle the problem by himself?


By the time Yunho finished talking to the doctor, Jaejoong, Junsu and Yoochun decided to head home as they bid him goodbye.

“Be patient hyung, Ji Eun’s a strong girl. She’ll be alright,” Junsu patted his shoulders as the guardian angels left.

Yoochun approached Yunho as he was about to open his mouth to speak, “ Don’t worry about the meeting. I’ll handle it. Ji Eun needs you,” he stated. He decided to keep the secret from Yunho for a while.

“Thanks Yoochun-sshi,” Yunho smiled and nodded before he left.

Yunho nervously turn the doorknob of Ji Eun’s ward and he slowly stepped inside. He was first face to face with Hyundong who had a reassuring smile on his face. He swore his heart was going to explode from the anxiety.

And then he saw her, Jung Ji Eun, his wife, his baby. Ji Eun was lying lifelessly on the hospital bed, with a needle attached to the back of her left hand and an oxygen mask on her face.

Yunho quickly ran to her side and sat on the bed as he gently held her hand. His eyes were getting teary, seeing the state of his wife. She looked so hurt, vulnerable with her heavy breathing and pale face.

I would do anything to switch places with her right now. He mumbled to himself.

“How is she omma?” he turned to his mother who was sitting on a chair beside the bed.

Misun sighed as she Ji Eun’s hair, “Still nothing. But she looks calm with her breathing,”

Yunho suddenly felt sorry when he saw the faces of his family members. They were filled expectations of his wife being pregnant, but instead they received this horrifying news. He felt a hint of guilt for disappointing his family.

“Omma…” Yunho gazed at Misun. “I’m sorry that Ji Eun’s not pregnant like you expected,” he apologized.

His mother smiled warmly and squeezed his shoulders for assurance, “Don’t worry Yunho-ah. There’s always a next time. Ji Eun’s safety is the most important thing right now,” she replied understandingly.

Since it’s the ICU, the rest of the Jungs had to leave after they had one last look at Ji Eun. They trusted that Yunho will take good care of her and left, reminding him that they’ll be back tomorrow.

Yunho softly glanced at his wife as he her hair lovingly. He kissed her forehead tenderly while holding tightly onto her hand, not letting it go even for a second. He sat beside the bed, carefully watching over Ji Eun for the rest of the night.


Jaejoong decided to pay his mother a visit. He told Junsu to go home first since they lived together and informed that he’ll be staying at his mother’s that night. Once home, he immediately went to look for his mother. He found her in the kitchen, preparing dinner.

“Mum, I’m home,” he greeted her with a hug.

Kim Hyesun smiled at her son, but had a surprised look on her face. Ever since Jaejoong stayed with his friends, he rarely comes home, except for holidays. She suspected something is going on.

“Where are you from Jaejoong-ah?” she asked.

“The hospital. Yunho’s wife was poisoned and got admitted there,”

“Oh my, how is she now?” she stopped what she was doing and faced him.

“Still unconscious, the doctor said hopefully she’ll wake up tomorrow,”

“It must’ve been hard for their family, especially Yunho,”

“He’s fine. I know he can handle it,”

“By the way, what brings you home? You won’t be here unless something is bothering you,” Hyesun asked, raising her eyebrows.

“Mum, remember when you told me about my bracelet? You said there’s another one exactly like mine,” Jaejoong asked, reminiscing the time when she told him that.

“Yes, I left it with your father. It’s the only thing that’s connecting us with him,”

“Do I have a sibling?”

“Why are you asking this all of a sudden?”

“Mum, please answer me. I need to know this, I’ve been ignoring this fact for so long,”

Hyesun sighed before reluctantly answered, “You have a little sister, but we had to leave as soon as I gave birth to her,”

If Ji Eun has the bracelet… then does that mean she’s my… younger sister?


here's the next update! i hope you will enjoy this chapter! btw, no update tomorrow because i have a class.

i hope all your questions will be answered in this chapter. well, maybe some of them?

do tell me what you think! and thanks for all the comments, views, subscriptions, and feedbacks! i really appreciate them all <333