Worries

Something Called Love...

“Thank you,” Ji Eun thanked the postman who sent the morning mail before closing the door shut. She examined the envelope with her name on it with curiosity. Impatient, she quickly tore open the mystery envelope and took out the paper inside.

“Ahh!!” she yelped, dropping the piece of paper on the floor along with her cellphone she was holding with her other hand.

Ji Eun’s heart started to beat faster after reading whatever was on the paper. She took a deep breath and swallowed before bending to pick up the paper, doubting what she saw the first time. She was jerked backwards when she read the message again, this time she could see clearly what was written there.

The message was written in red, somehow looking a lot like blood. It read: “Stay away from him…” in dark blood red colour. Ji Eun wasn’t sure if the message was meant for her. Or what does it exactly mean. Stay away from him? Who? She couldn’t think of anyone at the moment. Horror-striken, she braved herself to scrunch the paper up and immediately throwing it into the nearest dustbin.

Ji Eun took another deep breath to calm herself before picking up her cellphone from the floor. She found little Yuri sitting on the floor with her cellphone inside . Typicall baby habits.

“Honey… don’t put that in your mouth…” she picked the toddler in her arms before pulling the phone out from .

“Paegopta…” Yuri whined.

Ji Eun tried her best to smile after the shock she had just now. She pinched the baby’s nose and proceeded to prepare her a meal. It took her a while to prepare the food for Yuri, she was still shaking in fear as she wondered who the message was meant for. In the end, she concluded that it must be either a prank or the sender got the wrong address.


“Daughter-in-law open the door~” a happy voice sang through the intercom while repeatedly ringing the doorbell.

Ji Eun ran to the get the door to find Yuri standing on her tippy toes, trying to reach for the doorknob. “Halmoni…” she called out.

Ji Eun picked Yuri up and welcomed her mother-in-law inside the house. “Oh my beautiful pregnant daughter-in-law! I miss you so much!” Jung Misun immediately hugged her once she stepped inside.

The older woman pulled her to the living room, leaving her husband by himself at the door. Jung Hyundong appeared a few seconds after, exhausted after carrying heavy bags with him. “Appa… what are those?” she asked.

“Ooh~ I bought lots of things for you Ji Eun-ah!” Misun clapped happily, taking out random items from the bags.

“How are you doing Ji Eun-ah?” Hyundong took the chance to ask the question while his wife was busy.

Ji Eun knew he meant to ask about her pregnancy as well as she smiled and nodded assuringly. “We’re doing great appa,”

“Aigoo~ look at you honey! You look so skinny and pale! Have you been eating well?” Misun thought otherwise as she examined her daughter-in-law from top to toe.

“Here, you should drink this milk everyday. They say it’s very good for the baby’s development,” Misun handed her a large can of pregnant mother’s milk.

Ji Eun could only stare wide-eyed as Yunho’s mother piled the coffee table with lots of things from milks to supplements. “O-omma… you don’t have to…”

“Nonsense! These are very good for pregnant mothers. Oh, eat this and… this one!” Misun continued chattering by herself as Ji Eun turned her attention to Hyundong.

He had this defeated look on his face as he shrugged his shoulders. Misun has been ordering to drive her around all day to find the right items for Ji Eun. Hyundong was sure exhausted by the time they got to Yunho’s place.

“I’ll make you some drinks appa,” Ji Eun tried to stand up but was stopped when Misun pulled her to sit down again.

“Go get them yourself Jung! Can’t you see I’m talking to her now?” Misun snapped before continuing her chattering. She sounded more like a saleswoman who was promoting all the products in TV. Ji Eun could only smile as she complied.

***

“Don’t forget to drink the milk everyday! And don’t forget about the supplements too!” Misun reminded for the hundredth time as the Jungs were about to exit the door.

“Dae omma,” Ji Eun nodded and bowed to them.

“Omma dwink milk too?” Yuri asked as she hugged the can of milk tightly in her arms.

Ji Eun chuckled as she took the milk from her and placed it on the table. “Careful honey it’s heavy,”

“Omma wants to grow up too?” she asked, tilting head to the side. In her baby’s thoughts she was told to drink milk so that she can grow up healthy.

“Not me, but the baby in here,” she patted her stomach while brushing Yuri’s bangs with other hand as the girl nodded understandingly.

Suddenly her cellphone rang as she looked around for it. She found it a few minutes later, in between the couch pillows. Ji Eun looked at the caller ID and instantly smiled as her husband’s face appeared on the screen. Just as she was about to pick it up, the ringing immeadiately stopped. She frowned, did Yunho just hang up on her? She tried to call him, but her phone suddenly went off. The phone was covered in slimy liquid which Ji Eun instantly recognize as Yuri’s saliva. The phone is broken now, probably from Yuri treating it as a chew toy.

“Mianhe Yunnie…” she stared at the phone in defeat. There’s nothing she could do, Yunho would just have to wait till he comes back home to be able to talk to her.


Meanwhile, somewhere in Tokyo, Jung Yunho was busy trying to call his wife all day long. He couldn’t get through her. He finally did at his last attempt but the call was immediately cut off. He stared at his phone in disbelieve, shaking the device a few times fearing that something was wrong with it.

“Aish, what wrong with it?!” he ran his fingers through his hands in frustration.

Park Soojin was watching him while rolling her eyes. Is calling his wife everyday that important? She was getting annoyed when Yunho payed more attention to his phone rather than her who was sitting in front of him.

“Yunho-ah, calm down… maybe she’s asleep?” she tried to get his attention.

The worried husband sighed heavily as he placed his phone on the table. “The problem is, I couldn’t get through her at all,” he whined.

“Maybe the phone signal is broken or something,” Soojin replied, placing a glass of water in front of him. “Do you really have to call her all the time? She might get annoyed you know…” she suggested.

Yunho gulped the water before sighing once again. Was Ji Eun really serious about limiting his phone calls? He couldn’t but feel that something was definitely wrong with his wife.

“I’m just… worried. She’s all alone at home…” he stared at Ji Eun’s picture that became his phone’s wallpaper.

“I have to say that she’s not a little girl anymore right? She has to be independent. She can’t cling on you all the time. I would feel restless if I were you,” Soojin exploded, but she tried to keep her tone of voice normal.

“I’m her husband, she’s my responsibility. Besides, I always wanted to be by her side,” Yunho replied while smiling to himself, drowning himself with thoughts about his wife.

Soojin glared at Yunho in disbelieve. Ji Eun had affected Yunho this much? She’s never seen this side of Yunho before. It was clear that his weakness is his wife.


“Yes, hyung, I’m at you front door right now,” Junsu confirmed for the hundredth time to the worried father-to-be.

“Dae, I’m ringing the doorbell now,” Junsu told him what he was doing one by one.

Yunho has ordered the guardian angel to check up on his wife. Junsu was to report to him every single thing that he did and everything that he saw.

Junsu waited for a few seconds before the door opened up, revealing Ji Eun in pajamas with a glass of milk in her hands. “Ah, she finally opens the door hyung,”

“Really? How is she? What is she doing right now?” Yunho asked as soon as he heard that.

“She’s getting ready to sleep I guess. She has a glass of milk in her hands and… she’s staring at me weirdly right now,” Junsu observed Ji Eun one by one, reporting to Yunho like a sports journalist.

“Are you coming in oppa?” Ji Eun asked.

“She’s inviting me inside now,” Junsu stepped inside as he smiled and waved at Ji Eun. “Now she’s drinking the milk slowly. But she’s still looking at me weirdly hyung,”

“Enough Junsu-ah, give the phone to her,” Yunho snapped impatiently.

Junsu held out his hand, handing Ji Eun his phone. Ji Eun took it curiously as she placed it to her ear. “Yoboseyo?”

“Baby, why aren’t you picking up you phone? I’ve been calling you all day. Are you okay?” Yunho blurted out the questions all at once.

“Yunnie? Mianhe… I got your call but my phone broke right before I answer it. Yuri’s been putting my phone in whenever possible,” she replied, though still shocked to hear her husband’s voice.

“Thank goodness,” Yunho let out a long sigh of relief. “I’m so worried…”

“I’m fine, you don’t have to be so restless oppa,”

“You should go to sleep now. I’m letting Junsu stay for the night to keep an eye on you,” he reminded.

“Arasso, night oppa” Ji Eun complied when she heard the protective husband tone coming from his voice. She gave the phone back to Junsu and finished up her milk before heading to the bedroom.

“Junsu, you’ll be staying over to keep an eye on her tonight. Make good use of your ‘guardian’ title,” Yunho ordered with authority in his voice. “I’ll be home soon,”

“A-arasso hyung,” Junsu nodded.

*****

The next morning Yunho called Junsu early in the morning to check up on Ji Eun. The pregnant wife was still half asleep when Junsu gave her the phone. “Morning baby, did you sleep well last night?”

“Dae, I dreamed that you came home…” she yawned.

“I couldn’t get much sleep thinking of you,” he replied. “Anyways, I have something for you,”

“What is it?” Ji Eun sat up on her bed in excitement.

“Go and open the front door,” Yunho instructed.

Ji Eun slipped off the bed, heading towards the door with the phone still near her ear. She opened the door in curiosity and immediately gasped when she saw what was at the other side of the door.

“Surprise?” Yunho asked.

“Y-Yunnie… you’re here…” Ji Eun stared at the figure of her husband in front of her. “A-am I dreaming?”

“No you’re not, I’m really here,” Yunho closed the phone shut before entering the house.

He open his arms wide, gesturing for a hug. Ji Eun smiled to herself, tears starting to form in her eyes. Sha ran over to him, engulfing herself in his warm embrace. Yunho hugged her tightly, not wanting to part from her. Junsu watched from afar, smiling to himself.

“Bogoshipo…” Ji Eun mumbled, burying her face in his chest.

“Me too,” Yunho replied, kissing her hair.

“I think I should leave now,” Junsu interrupted for a second, reaching for his phone before bidding them goodbye.

Yunho realized that his shirt was wet as he lifted her chin up to face him. “Baby, why are you crying? Are you hurt? Is something wrong?” he asked worriedly.

“No, I’m just happy that you’re home,” she tried to smile.

Here's the long awaited update! hehe... enjoy... i'm already starting Soojin's plan here. let's see what else she has in store soon. enjoy this chapter that was made from my writer's block mind right now LOL hehe... i might not be able to update so soon. exam is around the corner....

thanks so much for reading, subcribing. and thanks to those who took the time to comment! welcome new readers if i have any!!