Twice The Shock, Double The Pain

Something Called Love...

Ding! Dong!

The bell rang. A surprise visit was waiting for the Jungs or rather, the young Jung couple only. Ji Eun was walking by the front door as she opened the door herself. What she saw after that made her drop the book in her hands with a loud thud.

“Mom…” there, standing on the doorway of the Jungs’ house was Mrs. Lee Yejin, her mother.

“Hello, daughter…” Yejin smirked, pushing her way inside the house. She stared into the house like it’s a slice of heaven.

It took Ji Eun some time to respond to what happened. It was like a switch has been pressed inside her, her body shivered in fright. Staring at her mother’s back as she proceeded into the house, Ji Eun bent down to pick up the book lying on the floor.

Her eyes met a pair of brown worn-out shoes, a pair of footwear very familiar to her. It was her father’s favourite pair, even though already worn-out.

Ji Eun lifted her head up and as expected, her father, Lee Sugeun was smiling warmly at her. “Ji Eun-ah, how are you?”

She smiled and slowly stood up. The warm and calming voice instantly soothe the fear and fright she had just now. “Dad… you’re here!”

Ji Eun jumped in his warm arms, how she missed that the most. A tear escaped her eyes, feeling a mix of happiness and sorrow inside her. Her parents visit was surprising, but she was thankful that she got to meet her father again.

Releasing her from the embrace, Sugeun wiped the tears from her cheeks. “Now, now, don’t cry sweety… I miss you too,” he smiled.

“Why are you here dad?” she asked, pulling her father to sit in the living room. The house was rather empty that day.

“It’s your mom’s idea.” He said. “Besides, I heard a certain someone is going to have a wedding party soon. Am I not invited?” Sugeun joked, pinching his daughter’s cheeks.

Ji Eun blushed as she nodded, “Of course dad, I was going to call you. But I’ve been busy.”

“I understand, you’re busy taking care of Yunho right? It’s alright, he’s your responsibility. It’s not easy being a wife to one of the top CEOs in Korea,” Sugeun nodded understandingly.

“Anniyo, dad… it’s n-not,” Ji Eun tried to deny as her father cut her off.

“So, how does he treats you? I expect him to take a good care of my only daughter,” Sugeun asked with authority in his voice.

“Yunho oppa is fine, he’s… nice and c-caring…” Ji Eun answered in a rather hesitant tone.

Her father shouldn’t know of what happened between them, especially the acting plan. Despite the occasional cold acts, Yunho has been treating her quite nicely.

“Speaking of which…” Yejin suddenly interrupted, pushing Ji Eun off the couch. “Where is he?” she asked, referring to Yunho.

“Mom… uhm oppa is at work. He’s been very busy lately,” Ji Eun replied as she stood up beside the couch like a maid waiting to be ordered.

The position she used to stand in the Lee household long ago.

“Hmmph, oppa? Seems like you’ve been treated like a princess here. We should get a fair share from it too,” Yejin commented as Ji Eun raised her eyebrows in confusion.

Fair share? What did she mean by that?

“Yejin-ah, stop it,” Sugeun nudged his wife, preventing her from continuing.

Yejin scowled, ignoring her husband as she face her daughter again, “What? Is it wrong for me to point it out? You don’t want her to be an ungrateful daughter would you?” she remarked, stating the questions.

“Ungrateful? Mom, what do you mean? I... I don’t want to be ungrateful…” Ji Eun questioned, confusion clearly written on her face. Despite the perplexity, she didn’t want to be ungrateful as she felt her heart sinking a bit.

“It’s nothing Ji Eun-ah, your mother is talking gibberish.” Her father chimed in, wanting to end the unnecessary talk.

“Ah, it’s Ji Eun’s parents! Welcome Sugeun and Yejin,” Misun entered the living room with a smile on her face. “Since when did you arrive?”

“A few minutes ago. Ji Eun must’ve forgotten to inform you,” Yejin smiled back, acting as if nothing serious happened just now.

“That’s ok, she must be missing you both a lot,” Misun said as she beckoned Ji Eun to sit.

Yejin quickly pulled Ji Eun to sit beside her and pretending to her hair lovingly, as a real mother would do to her daughter. She tried to show that Ji Eun was important to her as she gave a sly smile.

“Yes, we really miss her. I hope she’s in good hands. After all, she’s our only daughter,” Yejin reasoned as Misun nodded understandingly.

Misun smiled as she spoke, “I trust that Yunho has been taking good care of Ji Eun. He’s reliable. They got along really fast,”

“I’m glad to hear that. I really trust Yunho with my daughter,” Sugeun added, relieved that his lovely Ji Eun is in good hands.

“On the contrary, Ji Eun has been taking very good care of Yunho. I’m surprised, she really acted like a housewife in this house,” Misun complimented, earning a slight blush from Ji Eun.

“She cooks well. I’ve never seen my son eat that much in my life. He might even be fat soon.” She joked as everyone joined in the laughter.


Ji Eun picked up her cellphone to call her husband. He needed to be informed about the arrival of his in-laws before he comes home that day. She scrolled down the contacts in her phone, there were none with Yunho’s name in it. She gasped and softly hit her head at her silliness. How could a wife not have her husband’s contact number? To add to it, they had been living together for almost two weeks.

Ji Eun sighed, taking a mental note to ask for Yunho’s number soon. She rummaged inside the dresser and luckily found Yunho’s business card. His office number is written on it as she dialed the number, waiting him to answer the call.

After a few rings, someone picked up the phone, “Yoboseyo, Jungs Corporation. May I help you?” I woman’s voice answered.

“Uhm, can I speak to CEO Jung Yunho?” Ji Eun catiously asked, not wanting to sound suspicious.

“Is this Mrs. Jung Ji Eun?” the woman asked. “Mr. Jung’s home number appeared on my screen.” She explained.

“But how do you…” Ji Eun asked, getting curious.

“My name is Kim Taeyeon, Mr. Jung’s secretary,” Taeyeon introduced herself.

“Mr. Jung told me about his marriage. Congratulations by the way and he reminded me that if his home called, it might be from you.” She explained.

“Ahh, I see. Well, can I talk to him?” Ji Eun sighed in relief.

“I’m connecting your call to his office now, he’ll pick it up from there.”

“Thank you, Taeyeon-sshi.”

After a few more rings, the call went through to Yunho’s office as someone answered, “Yoboseyo, oppa?” Ji Eun called out.

The other end of the line was silent for a while before a voice spoke. A voice Ji Eun wasn’t expecting to hear, “Oppa? Who is this? And why are you calling CEO Jung oppa?” a woman interrogated.

Ji Eun’s eyes widened at the voice. It wasn’t the fact that her husband didn’t pick up the phone, it was about the woman in his office right then. Her mind began to think of Yunho’s whereabouts and why was there a woman in his office. Her heart sunk a bit at the thought.

“Wait, let me guess… you’re the girl who went with Yunho oppa last time right?” the woman guessed in a warning tone at Ji Eun’s silence.

Then it struck her, no one in the building calls Yunho ‘oppa’ besides… Kang Miyoung; the girl she met last time. Ji Eun could imagine the look on her face, she must be glaring at her right now.

“Yes… it’s me. Is Yunho oppa there?” Ji Eun asked again, trying to sound brave. She really needed to talk to Yunho right now.

“He’s not in. He has a meeting right now,” Miyoung answered, uninterested.

“And I’m waiting in his office so he can send me home after work...” she lied, smirking at herself.

“E-eh? B-but… I-I…” Ji Eun stuttered as her breath was caught in . Her heart sunk deeper to the pit of her stomach, hearing that excuse.

“Why? Do you have a problem with that? Who are you anyways?” Miyoung asked, with an evil tone in her voice as if she’s eating Ji Eun alive.

Ji Eun wanted to boldly tell her that she’s Yunho’s wife, but she was afraid to do so. She knew there would be consequences if she told about their marriage before the party, so she kept her silence.

“N-nothing… I’ll j-just, sorry for bothering.” Ji Eun apologized and hung up.

She felt a lump forming in as she held it in. She clasped her cellphone close to her chest, wondering what had just happened. Didn’t Yunho tell her that Miyoung is just a colleague? But why would she be doing in his office in that hour?

Too preoccupied in the thought, she forgot the real reason she called him. Ji Eun cancelled the attempt to call Yunho as she decided to just wait for his return. She walked back downstairs, with a heavy and uneasy heart.


 

updated~! how's the drama? am i good at it? hehe.....

enjoy the story~ <3