The Couple's Agreement & Impressions

Something Called Love...

[Yunho’s POV]

Finally after six months of waiting, I got to meet my wife. Honestly speaking, I forgot that I was married for waiting that long. Not that I really anticipated it. Aish, talk about giving a good first impression. I totally ruined it and this is so embarassing. I even forgot the reason I’m married to her.

She was nervously playing with her fingers as I broke the silence. “What’s your name again?” I asked. Don’t blame me, my mind was totally blank when she introduced herself downstairs just now.

“Ji Eun.” She simply answered.

Aish, this is so annoying! I’m not prepared for this yet. What should I say next? We were seated on the couch in my room. I casually tried to steal glances at her while examining her features. Well… s-she’s decent. I guess.

“My dad chose that name for me Yunho-sshi.” Ji Eun pouted when I ignored her. Come to think of it, the name does suits her.

We stayed silent for a while, thinking of what to say to each other. I mean, what could we really say? This marriage was not our choice after all.

“Don’t you have anything to say to me?” I broke the silence. She stared at me with a questioning look. Didn’t she get what I mean? “Why did you even agree to this marriage?” I asked her curiously.

I was really shocked when I knew the person I was arranged to marry agreed to this preposterous idea from our parents. She looked up at me and sighed.

“It wouldn’t happen if you didn’t agree to it too. I assume you have more power to refuse the marriage.” Ji Eun stated. Well, she sure did spoke more maturely than how she looked like.

I leaned in closer to her with raised eyebrows. “So you mean, this was all my fault?” I asked sarcastically. Seriously, we just knew each other for two hours, but she was already trying to find a fault in me.

“A marriage is not something that only one person can decide, it takes two to make it happen.” She replied, trying to look brave in front of me when I knew she must be feeling quite nervous inside.

“So you mean it’s either both our fault or none of our fault?” I guessed. She really made me confuse with her words, I don’t know how long I could keep this up before she drives me crazy.

She backed away from me as I was leaning closer and closer. I could see that she was feeling nervous, but she braced herself and answered my question. “Maybe yes, maybe no Yunho-sshi.”

“Drop the formalities… c-call me o-oppa. Omma would suspect things if you don’t.” I suggested as she nodded obediently.

She looked like she has the qualities, but I shouldn’t make any assumptions yet. I should test her first. Appearance can be deceptive. “How old are you by the way?” I asked.

“I’m 18.” She replied. She’s too young for me. Where in the world did omma find her? “Uhm… oppa?” Ji Eun asked, getting my attention.

My heart skipped a beat when she called me oppa. Was it because of her sweet voice or the fact that I’m hearing my wife call me oppa for the first time?

“Uh? D-dae?” I stuttered in reply, coming back from my deep thoughts. Wait, why did I just stutter? I never stutter in front of girls, except for special cases.

Ji Eun smiled sweetly at me before she spoke. “I’m sorry for startling and poking your cheeks just now. I guess I was shocked to see you for the first time.” She apologized and bowed a little.

I leaned against the couch. “Listen I know we just met and everything, so it’s not possible for us to accept each other immediately. Well, I personally think that I can’t accept you yet. But to my family, we must show them that we are a happy couple. That’s what they expect from us.” I explained coldly to her as she bit her lip while thinking hard.

“You mean like acting in front of them?” Ji Eun guessed while tilting her head to one side. I nodded, trying to avoid looking at her. Aish, she better stop doing all that cutesy stuff.

“So, that explains the hug just now?” Ji Eun guessed. Was it just me, or did I see her looking… disappointed?

“Yeah, so you have to get used to that. Just follow my lead and don’t be too shocked when that happens okay?” I asked Ji Eun as she reluctantly nodded. Ji Eun agreed with me, but it seemed there’s something else bothering her.

“Does that mean… you hate me?” Ji Eun asked, in a kind of disappointed tone. Did I just made her upset?

“T-that’s not what I m-meant!” I explained, trying to keep an expressionless look on my face. Ji Eun nodded her head softly as I let out a sigh of relief.

“Just follow my lead. It was just a hug just now. I might hold your hand, hug you or even… kiss you.” I somehow hesitated to say the last two words.

“B-bwoh? K-kiss?” Ji Eun widened her eyes at that word. But I’ve never kissed anyone before in my life…

“Arasso?”

“Dae oppa.” She nodded obediently like a child. She seriously should stop doing all that cutesy stuff. I just… couldn’t handle them. 

 


 

The ‘newlymet’*(newlywed) couple went downstairs for dinner hand in hand. The rest of the family had smiles on their faces seeing the happy couple’s intertwined hands. Ji Eun was trying hard not to blush at Yunho’s every single touch. Fortunately, Jihye saw that and smirked to herself.

“Looks like you both get along so fast.” Mrs. Jung commented as the couple took a seat at the dining table.

“It’s was just a misunderstanding omma. We’re fine.” Yunho replied, squeezing Ji Eun’s hand gently as she smiled. Her heart skipped a beat at his warm hands and gentle touch.

Jung Hyundong just nodded, somehow proud of his only son. “So Yunho, what do you think of Ji Eun?” he asked.

Yunho glanced at everyone at the table and shifted his gaze to his wife. He tried to find a reply to his father’s question. What should he say? He just met her a few hours ago. Should he say that she’s too young? Should he give romantic comments or just simple ones?

Ji Eun lifted her head to face him as he locked her eyes in his. She felt herself blush even redder as Yunho chuckled. “Well, see that? I think she’s… cute. But we still have a long way to get to know each other better.” He pinched her cheeks gently.

“I’m glad you understand.” Hyundong smiled. “Ji Eun-ah, what do you think about Yunho?” he asked the daughter-in-law.

Ji Eun widened her eyes and bit her lip, thinking what to say. He was still holding her hands as she felt a gentle squeeze. Then, Yunho gave her a look which meant, remember what I said earlier?

“E-eh? M-me? Well… Yunho oppa is kind and responsible…” she mumbled.

“Jung Hyundong, how can u ask that? They’ve just met, they must be shy with each other.” Misun interrupted, before Ji Eun could talk further.

“So, what will you call each other?” Misun added, clasping her hands together in delight. The new couple raised their eyebrows in confusion.

“What do you mean omma?” Yunho asked curiously.

“Well, you just called Ji Eun chagiya. What should Ji Eun call you then? Oh, maybe you should have nicknames!” Misun exclaimed happily.

Hyundong patted her hands to stop her from talking any further. “They’ve just met remember? Besides, I think it’s them who should decided it. Don’t be overexcited.” He reminded as everyone glanced at the new couple.

Yunho choked on his own saliva at his parents statement as he coughed. Ji Eun quickly poured water for him and handed him the glass. “Kwenchana oppa?” Ji Eun asked and patted his back as Yunho slowly gulped down the water.

“Aww~ Ji Eun is so caring! You guys are so cute!” Jihye, who has been quiet all along commented which earned a nod from their parents.

Ji Eun stared at her plate, blushing while Yunho slowly let go of her hand and cleared his throat. “Uhm, let’s eat! I’m hungry…”

 


 

Dinnertime was over and everyone was getting ready for a slumber. But it’s not quite an easy task for the new couple. Yunho was lying on the bed while Ji Eun just came out of the bathroom. She walked slowly to the other side of the bed and sat down.

“Y-yah, yah! What do you think you’re doing?” Yunho asked with his eyes closed.

“Trying to sleep?” Ji Eun replied innocently.

“This is my bed remember? No one sleeps on my bed unless I say so.”

“What? Then, where am I supposed to sleep?”

“You’ll either sleep there on the couch or on the floor. I’m too tired from the flight to give up the bed for you.” Yunho mumbled, while pointing at the couch.

Ji Eun widened her eyes at first and then commented, “Wait, that’s not fair!”

“What do you mean it’s not fair?” he raised an eyebrow while sitting up on the bed.

“I-I should get to sleep on the bed too… the couch is uncomfortable and the floor is cold.” She reasoned. And my back hurts from the fall just now…

“Ok then, if you say so.” He nodded.

Yunho moved closer to Ji Eun as she backed away from him slowly. Before she could fall from the bed, he grabbed her waist with his left arm and pulled her closer. She gasped as Yunho leaned his face closer and closer to hers. His free hand started to his shirt slowly.

“You just couldn’t wait, can’t you?” he whispered seductively in her ear which sent shivers down her spine. By then, half of his shirt was ed as she could see his collarbone.

“Y-yah! ert!” Ji Eun yelped while pushing him away from her.

She hugged her knees close to her as Yunho chuckled, which slowly turned into a howl of laughter. “Still want to sleep on the bed?” he smirked. Tch, so innocent.

“How about rock, paper, scissors?” Ji Eun suggested, not wanting to give up.

“What? That’s childish!” Yunho scoffed, staring at her unbelievably.

“Well, I don’t see you coming up with better ideas,”

In the end, Yunho was stuck with several rounds of rock, paper, scissors. Ji Eun won the first and third round while Yunho scored the second and fourth round. It was now up to a tie and the final round determines who will sleep on the couch or on the bed. Ji Eun held out paper while Yunho scissors. At last victory went to Yunho.

“Yay, I won! I get the bed!” he jumped up and down triumphantly as Ji Eun pouted in defeat.

How can he be so inconsiderate?! Ji Eun mentally whined.

Yunho grabbed a pillow and threw it at his supposedly spouse and leaned comfortably on the bed. Ji Eun weakly picked up the pillow and lied down on the couch, hugging the pillow tight. She didn’t know how, but she managed to fall asleep on the hard couch even when her back ached.

Yunho woke up in the middle of the night, but he couldn’t fall asleep again even if he forced himself to. At last, he ended up staring at the figure of his sleeping spouse on the couch. She was tossing and turning uncomfortably in her sleep as Yunho had second thoughts of giving up the bed for her.

He slipped off bed and walked to her. Yunho released the pillow from her grip and placed her head gently on it. He grabbed a new blanket and tucked his wife comfortably with it. His eyes then went to the bruise on her wrist from his iron grip just now.

Yunho opened his drawer and rummaged inside for some cream before sitting on the floor beside the couch. He gently took Ji Eun’s hand and applied the cream to her bruised wrist.

He then stared at Ji Eun’s calm sleeping figure. She looks so peaceful. Yunho’s hand unconsciously went to tuck her bangs away from her face. He now, had a better view of her face. She had fair and smooth skin with soft pink lips. It was as if his body had a mind of his own as he leaned closer to kiss her cheeks.

Ji Eun stirred in her sleep which jolted Yunho back to reality. He quickly jumped on his bed, pretending to sleep while peeking at his wife. Whew~ thank goodness she didn’t wake up. What’s wrong with me just now?


 

here's chapter of the day! hope you guys enjoy it!

thnx for all the support ^^*

thank you for the ones who subscribed, read and commented! you guys really made my day^^*