Realization and Regrets

Something Called Love...

The morning breeze wafted the delicious smell towards the sleeping Yunho. He was instantly awakened by the delectable scent of breakfast, courtesy of his wife. He slipped off the bed and staggered towards the source of the smell.

Yunho wobbled towards the kitchen, rubbing his eyes sleepily. He immediately took a seat as he watched a petite figure preparing breakfast. His stomach was grumbling nonstop.

“Is breakfast ready yet?” Yunho yawned, stretching himself.

Ji Eun turned around at the voice and almost dropped the plate of food in her hands. Her husband was sitting on the kitchen counter, doing a morning stretch in his pajamas which consisted of only a pair of sweatpants.

“M-morning oppa,” Ji Eun greeted, placing the plate on the table.

“Morning Ji Eun-ah,” Yunho replied with a smile as he got off the counter.

He went towards his wife while peeking from behind her shoulder, “What’s for breakfast?”

Ji Eun jumped in shock, almost dropping the spatula in her hands, “B-b-blueberry pancakes. Uhm… why don’t you go shower first oppa?”

“Smells delicious. Do you need any help?” he asked as he inhaled the sweet scent.

“That’s ok, I’m almost done here,” she replied while shaking her head.

Yunho nodded his head, “Arasso. Shower can wait, I’ll just freshen up first.” He said as he walked towards the bathroom.

He came back to the table just as Ji Eun finished serving the food. Yunho just sat on the chair, not noticing the pink blush on his spouse’s cheeks. Somehow the sight of him shirtless was bothering Ji Eun very much.

“Oppa… why don’t you at least put a shirt on?” she whined with a cute pout.

Yunho just chuckled in response, “And what if I don’t? What are you going to do about it?” he teased.

“No breakfast for you then,” Ji Eun smirked, crossing her arms before her.

Hearing that, Yunho dashed in a blink of an eye. He came back a few seconds after, wearing a wife beater. Ji Eun was about to protest again when he stopped her.

“Yah, at least it’s better than nothing right?” he reasoned.

As soon as he took a bite of the homemade breakfast, Yunho was amazed. It was the best pancake he ever had. The pancake instantly melted in his mouth with the sweet taste of the blueberry.

“It’s really delicious, I never knew you can cook,” he complimented.

Ji Eun grinned happily, “I’m the one who cooks back at my house,”

Yunho stopped what he was doing as he stared curiously at Ji Eun. It was weird to hear a girl from a wealthy family being an expert in cooking. She is even excellent in household chores. He was beginning to think Ji Eun was hiding something from him.


“Oppa~” Ji Eun called out, looking around the suite for her husband.

She looked for him in the kitchen, living room and even in the bathroom, but he wasn’t around. She frowned as she called out his name again, heading towards the balcony.

Ji Eun thought she heard the sound of the pool water splashing around as if someone was swimming, but she didn’t see him anywhere. She crouched by the side of the pool, peeking inside for any sight of Yunho.

“Why are you looking for me?” Yunho spoke from behind her as she stood up and turned around.

“I-I was j-just… I’m b-bored…” Ji Eun stuttered, not being able to speak well in front of him.

Yunho leisurely dried off his wet hair, not bothering of Ji Eun’s presence in front of him. Droplets of water were trickling down from his face, down to his toned chest. Ji Eun gasped as she turned around, her cheeks went red at the rare sight in front of her.

Aish, doesn’t he know that I’m still here?

Yunho noticed her actions as he smirked. He slowly walked over to her and tapped her shoulders. Ji Eun turned around as she realized that the shirtless Yunho was inches from her face.

“Y-yah! You shocked me!” she stuttered, trying to back away from him.

Yunho smirked, letting the towel hung loosely from his neck.“Do you like me?” he asked, after some silence.

Ji Eun widened her eyes at the question. “Well, do you?” he asked again.

“Uhm… well, I-I don’t know…” she stuttered uncomfortably as her cheeks went redder. Somehow that reaction made Yunho curious if she really liked him or not.

“You’re bored?” he asked while stretching out his arms.

Ji Eun nodded, eyes on the floor. “There’s nothing to do… can we go for a walk?”

“Why don’t you swim in the pool, just like I did?”

“No, I want to go out,” I can’t swim…

“You know what, I think I have a better idea…”  Yunho snickered as he finished drying off his hair.

He threw the towel somewhere else as he walked closer and closer to Ji Eun. She swallowed hard as she backed away from him slowly. Yunho looked like a tiger about to devour a tiny rabbit.

“W-w-what are y-you doing o-oppa?” Ji Eun stuttered in fright.

Yunho just smirked in return as his wife backed away from him, towards the pool behind her. He caught her waist and pulled her towards him before she could reach the pool. She squealed when she bumped to his broad chest.

“Since we’re on a honeymoon…” he whispered in her ear. “Let’s do what couples on a honeymoon always do…”

His voice sounded deep and husky, blowing warm air to her neck as Ji Eun froze at that sentence. Yunho hugged her closer as he kissed her cheeks, nose and forehead before heading towards her lips.

“W-w-wait, s-stop it,” she interrupted him. It was weird to see her husband’s sudden change of attitude.

“What wrong baby?”

“T-this isn’t r-r-right…”

Yunho ignored her as he lifted her up bridal style, earning a loud yelp from Ji Eun. Indeed she was right, he was in fact aiming to , again. He headed towards the pool, ready to… throw his wife in it?

“You’re still so naïve…” he smirked, preparing to launch his wife in the 2-metre deep pool.

“Ahh!! Oppa, wait!” she yelled, fearing for the worst as tears escaped her eyes mercilessly.

Yunho was excited to throw her as he counted, “1… 2… 3… now!”

NO!!

SPLASH!!!!

AAHHH!!!!

Ji Eun was thrown into the pool with a loud splash as Yunho ignored her plea. He was laughing his head off, watching his wife struggle in the water.

“Help! Oppa, p-please…” Ji Eun cried for help, tears run down her cheeks.

She was struggling to keep herself afloat. Yunho was having fun watching her, but what he didn’t realize is the fact that Ji Eun… couldn’t swim.

“Oppa! I... c-can’t… swim!” Ji Eun screamed her heart out, her arms were tired.

Yunho scoffed, thinking that she was tricking him, “Like I’m gonna believe that,”

He walked inside for awhile, leaving his wife fighting for her life. Ji Eun’s foot suddenly froze underwater as she couldn’t move any longer. She was starting to lose her buoyancy as her arms stopped moving.

“I… c-can’t… swim…” was the last thing she uttered before slowly sinking.

Her body stopped moving as she was engulfed in the cold water. Ji Eun was helplessly sinking towards the bottom of the pool as Yunho came back. He noticed that she was gone out of sight.

“Yah, where are you?” he called out, peeking in the cool blue water.

There was no answer, not even the sound of water splashing. He was starting to have a weird feeling inside of him. Maybe she was telling the truth?

“Ji Eun-ah! Where are you?”

“Yah, Jung Ji Eun! Don’t play around with me!” he yelled, splashing the cold water around.

After hearing no answer, he widened his eyes in shock, “Oh, Sh*t!”

Without thinking further he dived into the pool, looking for his wife. He found her, lying lifelessly on the bottom of the pool. Yunho grabbed her and pulled Ji Eun out of the water. He layed her down at the side of the pool.

“Yah, Ji Eun-ah! Wake up!” he patted her cheeks.

There was no answer. Ji Eun was lying stiff, not even a breath could be heard. Yunho widened his eyes as he immediately performed CPR. His heart was beating rapidly in worry as he continuously pumped her chest and blew air into her lungs.

“Jung Ji Eun! Wake up!” Yunho yelled, not stopping what he was doing.

His eyes were tearing as he blew one last time into her lungs. Ji Eun suddenly coughed hard, water coming out continuously from her lungs. Yunho helped her up and patted her back to let the water out.

“Oppa…” she whimpered. “I r-really… can’t… s-swim…” was the first thing she uttered.

“I know, I know baby… oppa is sorry…” Yunho nodded frantically, regretting his actions earlier.

Ji Eun was breathing heavily as she clasped her hands to her chest in pain. Yunho hugged his wife tightly as he kissed her hair and apologise continuously.

“Oppa… my c-chest… hurts…” she groaned in pain, squeezing her eyes shut.

It wasn’t long before she fell unconscious in Yunho’s arms.

“Ji Eun-ah? Baby, wake up! What’s wrong with you?” he shook her continuously as he went panic all over again.

Yunho picked her up and placed her on the bed as he grabbed the phone beside him. He frantically pushed the buttons on the phone.

“Hello? Jung Yunho here. I need a doctor in my room immediately! Now!” he yelled to the phone before throwing it aside.

“Ji Eun-ah, baby… hang in there…” he held her hands tightly in his.

“I’m so sorry… please don’t leave me…” Yunho pleaded, tears welding up in his eyes as he regretted what he did.

He regretted for not believing her. He silently prayed for help as he clasped Ji Eun’s hands tightly to his chest. He was not going to let her go this time.


 

updated~!

it was really hard writing this chapter. i  hope i didn't  disappoint or confuse my readers.

please comment & tell me what you think of this chapter^^*~

comments are loved~