Reunited At Last

Something Called Love...

this chapter is kinda fast XD enjoy!

“Baby… there’s something I want to tell you,” he lifted her chin up and gazed intently into her eyes.

“What?”

“You… have a brother…”

Ji Eun chuckled when she heard that. “Yes, you told me that Jaejoong and Junsu oppa treat me like their sister,” she recalled what he said to her.

Yunho sighed as he sat up, telling her the truth seemed much harder than he imagined. He was even more afraid of her reaction. “No, this is for real. You have a brother. A biological brother. The son from your dad and biological mom,” he confessed.

His wife’s smile turned into an unreadable expression when she heard the truth. But she was staring unbelievably at him. “W-what are y-you talking a-about oppa?” she asked, scared to hear more.

“You are not the only child from Lee Sugeun and your biological mother, you have a brother Ji Eun-ah. It’s the truth,” Yunho explained further, adding more to Ji Eun’s curiosity.

“B-but… how come you know about this? Who t-told you? Did daddy tell you this?” Ji Eun suddenly bursted out with questions.

Yunho could sense the fear and surprise in her expression at the sudden revelation. She sat up, facing him while staring deeply into his eyes, searching for an answer. He was nervous, this was only the beginning of her reaction. What should he tell her next? Should he confess everything? But he couldn’t risk to lose the happiness they’re feeling right now.

“Jaejoong suspected that you’re his long lost younger sister. Both of you owns the same bracelet, even his mom confirms the bracelet’s evidence. She said, her daughter’s name is Lee Ji Eun and she’s 19 years old now,” Yunho stated while reading her expression.

Tears started to pool in her eyes as she heard Yunho’s confession. Millions of different thought were running through her mind as he broke the truth one by one. Everything seemed unbelievable to her.

“Who else knows about this? How long have you discovered this?” she asked, choking the lump forming in .

Yunho knew how serious she was right then when she didn’t even call him ‘oppa’. Her tone of voice sounded desperate yet hearbreaking at the same time. Her voice was shaking and her body trembled out of anxiousness.

“I’m sorry baby,” he gently caressed her cheeks, trying to at least ease her anxiety. “Jae, Junsu and his mother knew about this when he first saw your bracelet. I knew it… a little later than that. It all happened when you were admitted to the hospital because of Miyoung,”

“That long? It’s been months and you only told me now?!” Ji Eun snapped, a tone Yunho has never heard before from her.

Her anger was clear. She sounded hurt and betrayed at the truth just been prevailed. The pool of tears were starting to run down her cheeks one by one as she lowered her head. Yunho leaned closer, trying to embrace her, but she slide backwards further away from him.

“Baby… I’m really sorry,” guilt were piercing into his body. “We wanted to tell you but, we need a suitable time for this,” he reasoned.

“When will be the suitable time? And you think now is the right time?” Ji Eun sobbed, not even looking into his eyes.

“It hurts… all my life, I’ve been scolded and abused by the woman whom I thought as my mother, but it turns out she wasn’t!” she sobbed harder, clutching tightly to her chest.

“Ever since that day, I prayed to meet my own mother at least once. You don’t know how it feels like longing for a mother’s love. You don’t!” she voiced her heart out.

Yunho was feeling more than guilty right now, he didn’t know what else to do. He slowly embraced his sobbing wife, trying to calm her down. “I know… I’m sorry…”

“Why did you do this to me?!” Ji Eun cried her heart out, hitting Yunho on his chest.

…***…

“Oppa? What did you say just now?” Ji Eun shook her husband who was staring into space.

“E-eh? Me? Well…” Yunho was jolted back to reality when he realized what happened. Thank goodness that was just my imagination…

“Yes, you said you have something to tell me. What is it?” she asked, smiling up at him.

Her husband just smiled awkwardly in return. He sighed in relief knowing that was just his imagination playing with him. But would she act just like that when he told her the truth? Yunho was ready to open his mouth when suddenly the phone rings.

“Oh, that’s mine,” Ji Eun grabbed the phone on the bedside and placed it to her ear. “Yoboseyo?”

“Sweety, it’s daddy. How are you doing?” Ji Eun facial expression changed when she heard Lee Sugeun’s voice.

Yunho noticed that and paid close attention to the conversation. “Daddy… y-yes I’m f-fine…” she replied.

“Can I meet you Ji Eun-ah? I have something important to tell you, it’s about your real mother. I think it’s time I tell you the truth,” Sugeun confessed, sounding nervous from the other line.

“W-what? Okay, sure… I’ll see you then,” she hung up the phone. Her expression after that was unreadable for her husband. He just stared in curiosity.

“Why did dad call?” he asked, interlacing his fingers with hers.

“He wants to see me. He said he has something to tell me about my real mother,” Ji Eun repeated what she heard. She was clearly puzzled with what’s going on. “I have to go,”

She immediately sat up and got off the bed. Yunho grabbed her wrist, making her stop. “I’ll go with you,” he simply stated as she nodded.


The young Jung couple and Yunho’s father-in-law was sitting on a table, each having a cup of coffee or tea in front of them. Lee Sugeun was sighing to himself as he stared back and forth to his daughter and Yunho. Ji Eun was nervouslay playing with her fingers, waiting to hear something from her father while Yunho stared at the two, waiting to hear any one of them start a conversation.

“Yunho-ah…” Sugeun started to speak. That wasn’t the first word Yunho was expecting to hear. “Have you been taking good care of my daughter?” he asked.

Yunho was shocked, but he answered nevertheless. “Yes dad, I am and will always do,”

“Dad… what is it that you wanted to tell me?” Ji Eun finally spoke when she felt like her father was stalling them.

“First of all, I just want you to know that I love you very much Ji Eun-ah and I never want to see you hurt,” Sugeun began his speech.

“You have a brother and mother. I love all of you equally, it’s just that some circumstances made this all happen. I never wanted to separate you from your real mother sweety,”

“But why? Why did you leave her? Or she’s the one who left you?” Ji Eun asked in a sad tone, tears were pooling in her eyes.

“Your mother was my true love, I love her with all my heart. We got married and had a son. Everything was fine until…”

“Until?” Yunho asked, eager to know the real story himself.

“Until I was arranged to marry Yejin. I didn’t want to, but that would risk the future of my family, so I did. We lived in peace, but Yejin didn’t like having your mother around. I didn’t think it would be serious until one day, your mother left, a few days after giving birth to you,” her father sounded like he regretted what happened.

“Her mother left because Yejin kicked her out?” Yunho asked when he saw the tongue tied Ji Eun.

“She wrote a letter, saying that it was all her own decision. But I know she didn’t leave because she hates me. She left you for me to take care. She loves you so much and I know she loves me too because she left her precious daughter to me. She trusted me,”

Ji Eun’s hands were shaking and she was suppressing herself from crying. Yunho noticed that and gently grabbed hold of her hands, trying to calm her down. “Are you mad at her for what she did?” she looked up to her father.

“I tried looking for her and prayed every single day that we would be united again, but I couldn’t find her. I could never get mad at her, I love her and I hope that she still loves me,”

And with that said, Ji Eun broke into tears. Her shoulders were shaking and she was breathing heavily. Yunho slowly wrapped an arm around his wife’s waist as she buried her face in his chest. There was nothing that Sugeun could do right then, he was expecting his sensitive daughter to act that way. But he was glad that Yunho was there to ease her pain.

“There… there… it’s ok baby…” Yunho’s deep voice managed to slightly calm her down, rubbing her back to ease her breathings.

“Ji Eun-ah… you’re not mad at me right?” her father finally spoke after a moment of silence.

Yunho’s shirt was soaked by the time Ji Eun stopped sobbing, but tears were still visible in her puffy eyes. “Why didn’t you stop her? Why did you let her leave?” she asked, searching his eyes for an answer.

“I didn’t know she would leave. But I tried my best to look for her, she’s just hard to find,” Sugeun reasoned, sitting closer to his daughter.

Without saying anything, Ji Eun hugged her father tightly in an embrace. Her mind was full of questions and there were mixed emotions inside of her. But in her heart she knew that she shouldn’t get mad at her father. He tried his best to bring all of them together.

“I’m sorry daddy…” Ji Eun apologized for her behaviour.

“No sweety, it’s my fault. I’m sorry…” Sugeun was finally able to smile as he wiped her tears away. He took her wrist and pointed to the bracelet. “Your brother has the same bracelet as yours,”

Ji Eun stared at the purple bracelet her father gave on her wedding party. There’s still hope for her to find her long lost family. “Who is he? What’s his name? and mommy?” she asked curiously.

“Lee Hyesun and Lee Jaejoong. Your mother and brother. It’s been almost 19 years now, he must be around Yunho’s age,” Sugeun explained.

Yunho’s heart started to beat faster when his name was mentioned, he was watching the touching scene from afar when he heard his name. “Jaejoong? Jaejoong oppa? Yunho oppa has a friend named Jaejoong too,” Ji Eun stated her thoughts.

“Really Yunho?” Sugeun took interest and asked his son-in-law.

“Y-yes… he’s Kim Jaejoong,” he stuttered uncomfortably.

“What’s his mother’s name?” Sugeun asked further when he heard the familiar name.

“K-kim Hyesun,” Yunho answered, swallowing his saliva.

Then Sugeun gasped, those two names sounded so familiar to his ears. “Ji Eun-ah… you mother’s real name is Kim Hyesun. Could it be that… she’s your mother?”

“We have to confirm it now! Oppa, can you take us to Jaejoong oppa’s house?” Ji Eun pleaded, asking for Yunho’s help.

“E-eh? Now?”

“Yes now!” Sugeun yelped as Ji Eun dragged Yunho up from the chair.


Minutes later, the door to Jaejoong’s house was knocked on continuously by both Ji Eun and Sugeun. Yunho was standing behind them in worry, he already texted Jaejoong about their arrival. When the door opened, they were welcome by Hyesun’s smiling face.

But her smile fell when she saw the man in front of her door. Her husband. “Hyesun-ah… it’s you! It’s really you!” Sugeun exclaimed, widening his eyes in shock.

“Y-yeobo… I mean, Sugeun-ah…” she replied, as shocked at the man at her front door.

Sugeun immediately engulfed her in a deep hug, the feeling of longing can be felt wafting in the room. All of them stepped inside the house, as Jaejoong just came down the stairs. He and Yunho exchanged glances.

“I’ve been looking everywhere for you. Where have you been? Why did you leave?” Sugeun asked continuously. “H-here’s our daughter… Ji Eun,” he smiled as he introduced the two woman.

“M-mommy…” Ji Eun sobbed, it felt awkward seeing the mother that she never knew in front of her.

Hyesun didn’t look too shocked, she knew that she was her daughter all along. She gave Ji Eun a motherly hug, by then, Ji Eun could strongly feel that the woman in front of her was her real mother. Tears poured out of their eyes, feeling each other’s warmth in the hugs.

“Is my precious Ji Eun doing alright?” Hyesun asked, showing how much she missed her after all these years.

Jaejoong who was watching the scene from afar approached the two woman when Sugeun noticed him. He smiled at the taller man. “Is this my son, Jaejoong-ah?”

Hyesun nodded in return as she motioned Jaejoong to approach his father. Jaejoong just bowed and gave a cold stare at the older man. Sugeun was taken aback at his attitude, but he knew he couldn’t accept him immediately. Seeing his long lost family after a long time was good enough.

Before any of his parents could say a word, Ji Eun ran and wrapped her arms around Jaejoong. His heart immediately soften seeing the fragile and sensitive sister of his. Out of all of them, Ji Eun suffered from this seperation the most. She was living in obliviousness for all her life, he knew she must be hurting to know this fact.

“You’re my oppa right?” Ji Eun asked, sounding very desperate for the answer.

“Ever since I met you, I knew were related,” Jaejoong nodded, returning the hug.


The reunited family were sitting together at the living room, discussing about their problems. Both the parents forgave each other, all that matters was their children were reunited. Ji Eun was still trying to process all the shocking events that happened. Her feelings were still mixed, yet she felt a burst of happiness to finally met her real family.

Jaejoong didn’t talk much to Sugeun and still gave him a cold shoulder. All four of them were aware that thing scouldn’t be fixed that easily in such a short time. They still need time to get to know each other. Besides, even the parents were questioning their feelings for each other.

The were still feeling awkward around each other, but each had smiles on their faces. Yunho on the other hand felt like an outsider in this situation as he just kept quiet since he didn’t have anything to be involved in it. After spending a few quite awkward hours at the house, Sugeun had to excuse himself and go back to Incheon.

“I would love to spend more time with you mommy,” Ji Eun mumbled, pouting at the fact.

Though they just officially met for a few hours, Ji Eun felt a strong attachment to Hyesun. She can comfortably show her true side to her mother. The young couple were now standing at the door, ready to bid goodbye to Hyesun.

Hyesun smiled warmly as she caressed her daughter’s cheek. “Don’t worry sweety, having you to accept us is good enough. We still have lots of time to spend with each other. After all, you’re already married,” she reminded, exchanging quick glances with Yunho.

“Take good care of my daughter will you Yunho?” Hyesun turned her attention to the son-in-law.

Yunho bowed in return. “Yes, I will. But… Ji Eun can spend the night here if she wants to,” he suggested.

Ji Eun turned around to face him, unsure of his sudden decision. “Are you sure oppa?” she asked.

The wife knew her needed her. He needs to go to work tomorrow and the only person who can wake him up is Ji Eun. She also knows how long he would spend time in the bathroom which made him late for breakfast. In the end, he won’t eat anything at all. Yunho seemed to depend on her ever since they got married.

“Yea… I’ll b-be fine. You guys must have a lot to catch up,” Yunho set aside his worries and insisted for his wife to spend the night there.

Before he left, Ji Eun wrapped her arms around his waist to bid him goodbye. As much as Yunho knew he needed her, he thought that he shouldn’t be selfish and let the long lost family reunite. He returned the hug before capturing her lips in his for a long and sweet kiss.

“I’m gonna miss you,” Ji Eun pouted when they pulled away.

Yunho chuckled and tucked her hair behind her ears. “Baby, it’s just for tonight. I’ll pick you up tomorrow after work okay?” he reminded and pecked her lips.

Ji Eun nodded, planning to share another kiss with him, but her mother and brother were watching. She just placed a peck on both his cheeks before waving goodbye. “Arasso, I’ll see you then,” she waved goodbye.

Yunho sighed in relief as he drove back home. Though he felt heavy hearted to let his wife stay there, but it’s the least that he could do for the long lost family. With Ji Eun knowing this truth, he felt as if a huge burden was lifted off his shoulders. But it was only a part of it. He still worries about another secret that he’s been keeping away from her.

Jaejoong managed to have a private talk with him. He was asking if Yunho was the one who told Ji Eun everything. Yunho wished to be the person who tells the truth to his wife, but his afther-in-law beat him to it. He was relieved that Ji Eun didn’t take it too hard. She was able to accept the truth.

“I wonder if she’ll forgive me just like she did to her dad if she knows about the other secret…” Yunho asked himself while playing with the teddy he gave to Ji Eun on their bed.

“When will I get to tell her the truth?” he asked, mainly to himself and the teddy.

hi guys! i have an important announcement to make, i will be having 2-3 weeks or hiatus. starting tomorrow. i'll be really busy and i can't bring my laptop with me. (T_T gonna miss my lappy LoL) i'll be furthering my studies and i need to settle down and get used to the surroundings before bringing my laptop with me.

and i will not be able to update as much now. probably once a week. but i'll try my best to do so. wish me luck and hope to see you guys soon! i'm gonna miss u all~ <3