Nightmares Of The Past

Something Called Love...

“Oh My God!! My innocent eyes!” a sudden high-pitched squeal was heard, interrupting ther kiss.

It sounded much like a dolphin voice. Yunho pulled away from the kiss as Ji Eun turned her head, searching for the source of the voice. Her husband sighed heavily. He could tell whose voice was that right away. There’s not another walking dolphin in this world, other than Kim Junsu.

Junsu’s disturbance was an annoyance rather than a delight. He would always pop out of nowhere at an unexpected time. And at this time, Yunho would really love to kick his duck out of the room.

As expected, his guess was right. It was Guardian Angel No.2 Kim Junsu standing in front of them with his palms on his face. Ji Eun chuckled when she saw him peeking in between his fingers.

“Yah, knock first!” her husband grabbed an apple from the table beside him and threw it at the confused dolphin.

It hit Junsu right on the forehead as he pouted. The pain at the front of his head didn’t even go away yet, he received a powerful smack at the back of his head.

“Yah, stop butting in!” Guardian Angel No.1 Kim Jaejoong came in and scolded.

Junsu pouted and rubbed his sore head while mumbling ‘meanie’ under his breath. Ji Eun couldn’t stop giggling at the funny scene in front of her. Yunho and Jaejoong stopped scolding the poor dolphin as all three of them turned their attention to the girl. They had smiles on their faces seeing her so happy. It washed away the worry they had about her sickness.

Mum would be glad to see you smiling and laughing Ji Eun-ah… Jaejoong smiled to himself.

“What’s all this ruckus? You’re gonna-” Jihye came barging in next. “Ji Eun-ah, You’re awake!” her eyes widened in surprise.

“What? My daughter-in-law is awake?” Misun yelped from behind Jihye with Hyundong following from behind. “Oh, I’m so glad,” she hugged the girl.

Ji Eun gladly returned the hug, “I’m fine omma, you don’t have to worry,” she assured.

Misun broke away from the hug and saw her son lying on the bed. “What are you doing here? Have you called the doctor?” she asked while hitting his arm.

Yunho jumped from the bed as he dashed to get the doctor, “I’ll be right back,” he said. He was too preoccupied and forgot to call the doctor.

“How are you feeling Ji Eun-ah?” Jaejoong sat on a chair beside the bed and asked.

She smiled in return, “I’m fine oppa.” She patted his hand for assurance.

I really hope so. I’m sorry I can’t tell you yet , maybe when the time is right… he thought to himself.

Ji Eun turned her attention to the sulking Junsu, “Kwenchana Junsu oppa?”

He immediately brightened and went to hug her, “Yay! Only Ji Eun cares for me, others are meanie!” he yelped.

“Oo-ppa, I c-can’t breathe…” she choked in his arms.

Jaejoong widened his eyes and immediately yanked Junsu away from her, “You’re suffocating her!” he yelled protectively.

While Jaejoong was busy lecturing him, Ji Eun turned her attention to the three Jungs. She smiled and held Misun’s hand gently, “Omma… I’m sorry,” she said.

“Why are you sorry sweety? You’ve done nothing wrong,” Misun held her chin softly.

“I’m sorry because I’m not pregnant like you thought. I tried to tell you but…” she explained.

“We can still wait. Having you around makes us happy enough,” she assured with a smile. 


Meanwhile, Yunho was on his way to call the doctor when he received a call of his own. He flipped open his phone and read the caller ID, “Hello Siwon, any news for me?”

“I’ve found out who Ji Eun-shhi’s real mother is,” Siwon the private investigator informed. “But this might shock you,”

“Who is it? Just tell me, I really need to know,” Yunho persuaded as he headed to the doctor’s office.

“Her name is Kim Hyesun. Does that name sound familiar to you sir?” he asked.

Yunho thought for a while, that name does sound familiar. It’s like she’s someone close to him. “I guess…”

“Kim Hyesun is Kim Jaejoong’s mother. Your best friend’s mother.”

“So, you’re saying that Ji Eun and Jaejoong are siblings?” Yunho guessed.

“Yes, sir. I didn’t believe it at first, but after I checked a few times, the result is still the same,” Siwon confirmed.

“What really happened in the past? This secret seems bigger than I thought…” Yunho mumbled to himself.

“From what I’ve gathered, Hyesun and Sugeun had separated for eighteen years. She left Ji Eun with him and brought Jaejoong along with her to Seoul,” Siwon continued reading the details of his investigations.

“Why did they divorce? Why did she left Ji Eun with him?” he asked.

“They didn’t officially divorce sir. For your second question, it seems hard to investigate. But I’m confident that it has something to do with his second wife, Lee Yejin,”

“I’ll try to confirm this with Jaejoong. In the meantime, keep investigating,” he requested.

“Will do so,”

“Thanks for the information. I’ll call you again later,” he hung up the call. 


Ji Eun had a hundred times protested to sleep on Yunho’s bed. Her reason was simple; she wasn’t ready yet. But it was a different story that night. She was now lying on Yunho’s bed, her head rested on the comfy pillows while her husband was tucking her comfortably in the warm covers.

She ended up on the bed, not because she finally agreed to sleep on the same bed with him, but it was Yunho who insisted. His excuse was that she had just been discharged from the hospital and needed a lot of rest.

She offered to help get his place to sleep ready, but he just pushed her back on the bed. Ji Eun was lying on her right side, simply watching him get ready to sleep. She felt a hint of guiltiness, letting him sleep on the cold floor. But he just smiled and wished her goodnight before beckoning her to go to sleep.

Cold sweats were forming on her forehead, face and neck as she tossed and turned in her sleep with her eyes closed. That night was filled with thunders and the rain pouring heavily nonstop. It was a usual thing for her; she would have nightmares at nights like this.

It was always the same nightmare that kept playing over and over again like a movie. She saw a little girl around three years old running across the road while a black car was coming towards her. Ji Eun would always try to run and save her, but her foot would stick firmly to the ground. It was as if she was only meant to be the audience, not the star of the story.

She had been having these nightmares ever since she turned ten, the day she was really treated like a maid by Yejin. She always thinks, who was that girl in her bad dream? But there was a blurry part of her memory; she could see a figure of a boy around nine running towards the little girl. But before she could see what happened next, she was awakened from her sleep.

The nightmare always stops at that particular scene. Ji Eun’s eyes shot open, her chest heaving up and down. She didn’t even realize tears were trickling from her eyes. She was crying in her sleep. A thousand more questions popped in her mind. Who was that boy? Did he manage to save the little girl?

Ji Eun slipped off the bed, heading towards her sleeping husband. She couldn’t sleep after that; this has been the worse case ever. She placed a pillow beside him and lied down, curling on her sides while facing his back.

Yunho could easily wake up, even if someone lays a finger on him. And the constant squirming sound behind him, sure made he turn around to face it. “Baby, what are you doing here?” he asked with one eye open.

“Can I sleep here for tonight? Please?” she pleadingly asked.

Her husband sat up, in shock and amusement, “Why? What’s wrong? Is the bed not comfortable?” he asked.

“Anniyo, I… had a nightmare. And I can’t sleep…” she pouted as she too, sat up.

Yunho noticed the traces of tears on the corners of her eyes, it really seemed like she was scared. He stood up and pushed her down on the bed again, tucking her the covers over his wife.

“You still have to sleep on the bed. I’ll stay on guard until you fall asleep okay?” he suggested, holding firmly onto her hand.

Ji Eun couldn’t take the risk of having the nightmare again, considering the thunderstorm wasn’t going to stop any moment. She needed something to comfort and calm her down. And the best choice right then was her husband.

She braved herself to ask him, “C-can you sleep… bb-beside me oo-ppa?” she requested.

It took Yunho a few minutes to decipher what came out as incoherent mumbles from his wife. “W-what? Say that again,” he demanded.

“I’m scared. Can you… sleep beside me oppa?” she repeated, sounding clearer this time.

‘Absolutely!’ was what he wanted to answer, but he didn’t want to sound enthusiastic when Ji Eun was horror-stricken at the moment. “Are you sure baby?” he timidly asked.

His wife frantically nodded, “I trust you oppa,” she added.

Yunho nodded understandingly, “Arasso, just sleep. I’ll be on the other side,” he released his grip on her hand.

She felt the bed weigh down a bit as Yunho climbed to the other side of the bed. He lied down and pulled the covers to his chest, keeping a safe distance from his wife. As he was about to close his eyes, he felt something warm near him.

Ji Eun was curled on her sides, snuggling close to him with her eyes shut. He didn’t know what happened, but she looked petrified. He had never seen Ji Eun in this state before. He pulled the covers snuggly over her and wrapped his wife securely in his embrace as they both drifted off to sleep.

Ji Eun was hoping to stop the nightmares with her husband’s presence beside her. Yunho was hoping his presence beside his wife would give comfort to her.


hi guys~! please do enjoy this update and leave a comment^^* <3

to answer your questions, no, Changmin is not an antagonist in this story. at least not for me. i don't know what my readers will think though LoL

if you read this chapter carefully, i left a hint...

i really appreciate the support you are giving me. lots-a-love to you all <3