A Hint of Truth

Something Called Love...

 

Brushing her hair in front of the mirror, she was getting ready for another hectic day in school. She glanced at the clock, ten minutes before eight. Mumbling today’s schedules while reaching for her bag, she tidied up her bag for school. She slung her bag over her shoulders and hurried off for breakfast.

“Ji Eun-ah wait! Your lunch!” yelled Kim Nayoung, the housemaid, stopping her tracks.

She handed her favourite lunch and smiled at her. Ji Eun looked around for her parents to bid them goodbye, but they were nowhere in sight. Nayoung unnie told her that they were still getting ready for work and she nodded understandingly.

“No! We can’t do that!” Ji Eun heard her father’s voice as she was about to knock on their door.

“But you’re the one who promised them!” her mother replied, voice as high as his.

“It’s not me! it’s you!” her father yelled again.

Bracing herself, Ji Eun knocked on the door. “Mom, dad, I’m going to school now…”

“Oh, have a good day at school Ji Eun-ah.” Lee Sugeun smiled at his eldest daughter.

“Don’t come home late!” Lee Yejin warned in a high tone.

“Arasso mom.” Ji Eun bowed and left in the waiting car.

“Ajusshi, omma reminded me that you have to pick her around 8. She doesn’t want you to be late.” Ji Eun spoke while tying on her watch. Hodong ajusshi, her driver for almost three years just mumbled a ‘yes’ in return and focused back to driving.

That’s the daily routine for Lee Ji Eun, a senior at Incheon High School. Her life seemed normal and perfect to the eyes of many, but that’s not certainly true. The truth is yet to be revealed.

“Ji Eun-ah, have you finished chemistry homework?” Ayumi, her childhood friend greeted her as soon as she arrived in class.

Ji Eun just rolled her eyes and handed her the homework. “You’re the best Ji Eun-ah!” Ayumi grabbed and copied the homework.

“What did you do last night?” Ji Eun asked. “You aren’t finishing your homework lately.”

Ayumi looked up to her and grinned. “We’ve been really busy rehearsing for the choir.”

“You do realize this year’s exam is important right?” she asked, concerned.

“Of course. But you’re here to tutor me right?” Ayumi looked at her with puppy eyes, pleading her.

“Arasso, we’ll start tomorrow and don’t skip.” Ji Eun sighed as she agreed.

 


 

Upon arriving at his office, a few people swarmed him like bees swarming honey. He hadn’t even spent five minutes in the building and he was already piled up with work that could last till the end of the day at the least. That’s the daily routine for Jung Yunho, the CEO and heir of the Jung Corp.

“Taeyeon-sshi, what’s my schedule for today?” he asked to his secretary who was rather petite by his height.

“You have a meeting with SS Technologies at 11 and another meeting with the investors from Japan after lunch. I’ve also placed all the files for the project next month on your desk for you to check and sign them.” Taeyeon replied after tapping a few buttons on her iPad.

“Is that all? If so, bring me last week’s financial reports of our hotel chains.” He ordered with authority in his voice before stepping inside his office.

Taeyeon nodded and scurried off to do her work. Yunho sat behind his desk in his large office as he glanced at the piles of files on his desk. It was going to be a long day for him. He switched on the computer and began his work.

The clock went off indicating that it was already 12 noon, but that didn’t make Yunho leave his eyes from his file. He heard a knock on the door as he replied, motioning the person on the other side of the door to enter.

“Yunho-ah, you’re working too hard.” The male who entered his room spoke and took a seat in front of him.

“Appa, what are you doing here?” he looked up to his father, the founder and chairman of Jung Corp., Jung Hyundong. It’s not usual for Hyundong to make a visit to his son’s office as he is busy on his own.

The older male gave him a smile and spoke. “Just visiting. You should loosen up once a while Yunho-ah.”

Yunho smirked as he still continued typing in his computer. It’s not that he didn’t want to, he just couldn’t. Frankly speaking, most of his time was spent on work. His youngest sister described his life as boring and with no adventures.

“How exactly can I do that appa? There’re just tons of work to do.” He reasoned while signing a file and opening another.

“You need a companion. A person who can make you happy.” Hyundong suggested as Yunho looked up from his file with raised eyebrows.

Yunho chuckled when he realized what his father meant and closed his file shut. Hyundong eyed his son curiously. “I don’t have time for that appa. B-besides, it’s hard for me to choose.” He chuckled nervously.

It’s not that nobody took interest in him, in fact he’s one of Korea’s most eligible bachelor. Born with good looks, intelligence, wealth and not to mention, a kind heart, he was every girl’s ideal type. But most of them were only interested in his fortune. Yunho on the other hand, wants someone who likes him for who he really is.

“You don’t have to choose. We already did.” Hyundong replied which earned a dumbfounded look from his son. Yunho furrowed his eyebrows together, indicating he was confused with his father’s words.

“You’re engaged Yunho-ah.

 


 

Ji Eun and her best friends went for lunch at the cafeteria. They were chatting as Ji Eun had no mood to join along. She didn’t even touch her food. She had an uneasy feeling inside her since that morning. She couldn’t explain it, but it felt really uncomfortable. Her constant sneezing  also made it worst.

“Earth to Ji Eun! Hello?!” Hyelim snapped her fingers in front of Ji Eun’s face which jolted her back to reality.

“Spacing out again Your Highness?” Hyoyeon best friend and nudged with her elbow. Ji Eun just smiled and shook her head in response while taking out a tissue.

“Ji Eun-ah, we were just talking about something. We want to hear your opinion.” Hyelim asked.

“Sure, what is it?” Ji Eun nodded and put down her fork as she sneezed again. Oh, what’s wrong with me today? She completely lost the appetite to eat.

“Are you sure you’re okay? You kept sneezing just now.” Hyoyeon asked in concern and handed her another tissue.

Ji Eun took the tissue and wiped her nose. “I don’t know what’s wrong. I actually feel fine.” She replied as Hyelim placed her palm on her forehead.

“Nope. You don’t have a fever.” She nodded in assurance like a doctor would. “But you know… people say that if you kept sneezing so suddenly for no reason, it means someone is talking about you right now.” Hyelim whispered with an evil tone in her voice. The rest of them just laughed at her.

“But I wonder who’s talking about you?” both her friends said in unison and rubbed their chins as if they were thinking very hard. Ji Eun just shrugged her shoulders and sneezed again.


 

first chapter posted! tell me what you think! thanks for reading~ <3