I'm Afraid

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Brianna’s POV*

 The door to the boys’ dorm next door slammed just as I exited ours, so I knew that’s where Key had gone. I hurried over and tried the doorknob. Thankfully it was unlocked and I stepped inside.

“Key?” I called into the seemingly empty dorm.

I had never been in the SHINee dorm before, so my eyes wandered over everything. It was pretty clean for being the home of five boys, but I figured that was Key’s doing. A large trophy case stood against the wall, filled with all their achievements of the years.

“Wow,” I said softly to myself as I scanned over the various trophies.

“I could arrest you for breaking and entering.” I turned quickly at the sound of Key’s voice.

“The door was unlocked,” I answered, stepping toward him.

He shrugged, “You still entered.” 

“Key, we need to talk-,”

“I think we’ve said all there is to say,” he cut me off.

“Look, I’m sorry,” I started, but he just shook his head.

“Don’t even start with that.” He rounded the corner and started up the stairs.

“Kibum!” I called after him, hurrying to the second floor. 

I got there just in time to see him slam his bedroom door. I ran to it and began knocking, “Key please let me in! We need to talk! I don’t want this to come between us!”

There was no answer.

“Please,” I asked with the last bit of hope I had. Tears were threatening to come out at any moment. When there was still no answer I finally let them fall from my hazel eyes, resting my back against the door and sliding down until I reached the floor, holding my knees close.

I cried softly to myself for a few minutes longer until I finally felt the door open.

“Brianna?” Key’s voice came softly through the crack he’d made between the door and the doorframe. When I didn’t answer he opened the door all the way and squatted down next to me. “Brianna…”

“I-I’m sorry Key,” I finally whispered, still not lifting my head. “I came all this way just to let you down.”

“Aw baby no,” I could sense him sitting down next to me against the wall. “I should’ve been more considerate of your feelings. Birth must be a painful thing, and I should’ve considered that. We can always adopt-,”

“Key it’s not that,” I lifted my head and stared at the wall across from us.

“Then what is it?” he asked, putting a hand on my knee.

I looked at him once, then felt myself beginning to cry again.

“Oh yebo,” he took me in his arms and I cried into his chest. “Shhh, what’s wrong?”

“I-I’m afraid,” I finally managed.

“Afraid? Of what?” he asked in surprise.

“Of being alone.”

“What do you mean? You have me!”

I shook my head, “No, not always. You’re an idol. You’re always going to be so busy; comebacks, leaving for international trips and tours, working day and night, never having time to rest. I don’t know how to raise a kid on my own. What if I’m a terrible mother and our kids turn out to be terrible? You’d come home and our family would be a mess. What if it got so bad that you got sick of me and wanted a divorce?”

“Aw sweetheart,” he kissed the top of my head and began rocking us back and forth softly. “I’m sure you’ll be a great mother.”

“But, even if I am, I want to be a great mother with you. I want our children to have a father. Rebecca’s parents got a divorce and she grew up mostly with her mother. She’d sometimes call me in tears because her mom and sister were fighting and everyone was so stressed out and she felt alone… I don’t want our kids going through that. They need their father.”

“And I’ll be there for them,” he said, running his hand up and down my arm. “My contract with SM Entertainment is a 10 year contract. That means SHINee only has three years left. We’ll have wait until it’s over, give it maybe another year, then we’ll have children. That way I’ll be able to be with you all the time.”

“Most of the time,” I corrected him, putting a hand to his cheek.

“Yes, most of the time,” he smiled. “By that time we’ll be 24 and 27. I think those ages are pretty descent for having children.”

I snuggled against him and squeezed him tightly, unable to believe that this man was mine. “I love you so much,” I whispered.

“But I love you more,” he said, kissing my cheek before resting his head against mine.