Phone Calls and Games

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Taemin’s POV*

“Annyeong haseyo Taemin-ah, what’s up?” her voice blasted through the phone, along with a ton of music and background noise.

“Dara noona where are you?” I asked, pulling the phone away from my ear and setting it on speaker.

“The girls and I are at a club right now,” she explained. “Omo Minzy that looks like so much fun! I want to try!” her voice distantly shouted.

“Told you it was a bad time,” Minho pouted.

“Sorry about that,” Dara’s voice was now back to the phone. “So how are you guys? Is Minho behaving?”

“Haha yes noona…

*Minho’s POV*

My eyes glanced up immediately at the sound of Nicole’s door opening, though she was trying to be quiet. She didn’t look at us and stayed close against the wall walking lightly. For some reason my eyes would not let her go.

“…just found out that Rebecca has glances, but Onew went all cutie tutie on her so it’s all good. We miss you noona! I know Minho especially does.”

Nicole’s head snapped up at the sound of my name, accidentally making eye contact with me. We hadn’t seen or spoken to each other since our run-in in my room earlier today. I averted my eyes immediately.

“Hyung,” Taemin nudged me, handing me the phone which was still on speaker.

“Annyeong yebo,” I spoke softly into the phone, trying to get Nicole’s presence out of my head.

“Hey babe, I miss you too! I hope you’re staying out of trouble while I’m away!” her voice shouted into the phone while the sound of glasses shattering in the background crackled through the receiver with it.

“Oh you know me,” I said, my eyes following Nicole again. “Trouble is my middle name.”

“Wait it’s my turn!” Dara’s voice shouted to someone. “Ah, well be good and I’ll be home soon! Miss you baby but I gotta go. Bye everyone!”

“Annyeong!” we all shouted, but she’d already hung up the phone.

“At least she’s having fun,” Carolyn shrugged.

Suddenly the sound of dishes shifting came from the kitchen, startling the whole group. They all turned to see Nicole at the counter with a half prepared sandwich in front of her.

“Hey Bella!” Jonghyun called to her, making fun of her love of the dark. “Wanna make me a sandwich too?”

“You have arms,” she said flatly.

“Ne, but they are small dino arms. They do nothing for me!” He held up his arms, keeping his elbow attached to his side as if they were only the length of his forearm.

“If your arms are that short then how do you expect to eat the sandwich?”

His face dropped and he lowered his arms. I struggled to hold back a cackle at her smart remark.

“Here; have a banana,” she said, whipping the yellow fruit at the unprepared dinosaur. He responded by flailing out when it hit him, then falling to the floor. Finally I couldn’t hold in my laughter anymore.

“It’s not funny,” Jjong glared." 

“Way to get owned by a girl,” Annie laughed, shaking her head.

“Well it seems I don’t have much luck with girls to begin with so…” They both went awkwardly silent.

While we laughed I was conscious of Nicole staring at me. When I finally looked up at her she turned away immediately to finish preparing her sandwich.

Get over it Minho. You had an awkward run-in. It’s over now. Let her go.

I finally forced myself to tear my gaze away and focus painfully on the boring movie playing before us.

“I have an idea!” I piped up suddenly. “Remember our first few nights together when we first met?”

“Ne,” everyone nodded.

“Well we played truth or dare-,”

“Yesss!!!” Rebecca jumped up excitedly. “Let’s play!!!”

---------------------

“Truth or dare?” Annie stared at me, waiting for an answer.

We all sat in a circle on the living room floor. I kept trying to focus on the game and not Nicole, who had been roped into playing. She sat with her hood up and a pout on her face. Aigoo, it was cute, despite her dark appearance.

“Dare,” I challenged with a smirk.

“Hmmm, I’ve gotta make this good…” she tapped the side of her face with her pointer finger, deep in thought. “I know! I dare you to sing and act out the song “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga.”

“What?!” I exclaimed, not expecting this at all.

“You chose dare!” Annie put her hands up in innocence.

“But-,”

“No buts.”

“Fine,” I stood up reluctantly.

“This is not the reality he wanted,” Carolyn whispered to Brianna who fell to her side into Key’s lap laughing. Key chuckled and looked up at me with expectant, humorous eyes, ready to watch me make a fool of myself.

“Aigooooo, I can’t do this,” I covered my face in embarrassment.

“Ya; don’t be a chicken!” Key mocked. “Here; I’ll start it for you!”

 I sighed. “You are so going to pay for this…”