Our First Encounter

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Nicole’s POV*

This is too boring. I decided after sitting in my room on my laptop for an hour. I wandered around the dorm, but still couldn’t find anything to do. I haven’t seen much of the SHINee dorm, except at breakfast. Maybe I’ll go explore…

The boys kept a key to our dorm while we kept a key to theirs. I took the key and headed next door. After fumbling with the lock for a minute I pushed open the door and I was in.

Apparently the boys arranged the rooms so that the two youngest (Minho and Taemin) shared a room while Key, Onew and Jonghyun had their own rooms. I came to assume that Onew’s room was the one on the bottom floor seeing as the first thing I saw when I peaked inside was a giant chicken plush toy sitting on the bed and a picture of him and Rebecca on the nightstand.

I headed upstairs and to be honest it looked a lot like our dorm, except there was one extra door on the left which I assumed was the fourth bedroom. Letting my curiosity get the better of me, I peaked into the first room on the right. I concluded that it must be Key’s from the amount of clothes in the walk-in closet. Next I went across the hall to find two beds in this room.

This must be Minho’s and Taemin’s room. Let’s see what’s in here…

I slipped inside and headed to the left side of the room which I guessed was Minho’s, judging from the various soccer posters, medals and such on the walls. Gently my fingers reached out and touched his pillow, though I wasn’t sure why I was doing it. Maybe it was because I remembered lying my head down on a pillow next to Minho three years ago, panting breathlessly next to one another as we whispered how much we loved each other. I shook my head to erase the memory from my mind and continued to the wall.

My eyes scanned over the assortment of sports things, mixed with music awards. There were also pictures of SHINee and what I assumed was his family. It looked like a happy bunch of people. One picture was of a boy that looked a lot like Minho. I assumed it was his brother.

What’s this?

I picked up a book from his dresser and flipped to the very back page. My hand flew to my mouth as I let out a small gasp. There, all worn and crinkled from much handling was a picture of Minho and I together. We looked so happy; smiling with our arms wrapped around each other. I found myself smiling at the memory. It was a picture taken after he and I won a soccer game against the other couples. When I say ‘he and I’, I put more emphasis on the he. I giggled, remembering when I attempted to kick the ball and totally missed it.

“What are you doing in my room?!?!”

I had been so caught up in what I was doing that I hadn’t heard Minho come down the hall or open up the door. I now turned to see him standing in the doorway with a shocked expression, wearing nothing but a towel around his bottom half.

“I- I…” My eyes wandered all over his bare body, bringing back painful memories from seeing that body tangled in the bed sheets.

“Get out!!” he shouted.

I didn’t wait another second. Tossing the book back down on the dresser, I ran out of the room, pulling the door shut behind me.

When we were safely separated by the door I finally slowed down, becoming conscious of my rapid heartbeat. I closed my eyes and leaned my back against the wall, trying to catch my breath.

The image of his body flashed into my mind again. His abs seemed more toned than I remembered them to be. His hair was shorter now, but it only made me notice his broad shoulders all the more. I remembered the feel of that body pressed against mine, our sweat mixing together as we moved in sync with each other. It was so long ago; I’d done things like that with plenty of other boys within the last three years; why else would I be pregnant? However, I could never erase Minho’s memory from my mind, partly because it was too vivid to just simply forget, and partly because I didn’t want to forget.

*Minho’s POV*

Once the door was shut I hurried over to my side of the room. She had had my special photo album in her hands. All the pictures in that album were very special to me and if anything happened to any of them I’d be devastated.

What did she…

I stopped when I saw what page it was opened to. It was the only picture I had left of her and me. I’d forced myself to throw out all the others, but I just couldn’t get rid of this one. We looked too happy; too right. She looked beautiful with her long, brown hair, filled with different shades and highlights. I missed that hair. Her smile was so genuine. I missed that smile too. Most of all, in that picture she was mine; totally unaware of all that soon followed. We were happy. I missed that the most. I missed being happy knowing that Nicole was mine.

I slammed the book shut and tossed it in my top drawer. My hands grabbed a random shirt and I threw it on over my head, along with bottoms. Once I was all dressed I slipped out of my room, and was surprised to find Nicole still in the hallway.

“Oh! I- I’m sorry. I’ll go now-,” she started toward the stairs, but I grabbed her arm and stopped her. When she turned back to face me her eyes were full of fear and pain.

“Nicole,” Her name rolled off my lips naturally. I missed the sound of her name coming from my mouth. “I’m sorry for yelling at you. You just surprised me.”

“No, it’s fine. I shouldn’t have been in here anyway. I’ll leave-,”

“Wait,” I took a step closer, but she responded by taking a step back.

“Minho don’t,” she looked at me sternly.

“Nicole…”

She shook her head, “I shouldn’t be here. I- I- …I have to go.”

She turned and ran down the stairs. I stood alone in the hall, letting the sound of the front door slamming ring in my ears. I had so much to say, yet when I was finally face to face with her my mind went completely blank. What could I say? She was so different now. She was scared, fragile, and dark. But I knew that somewhere inside her was the Nicole I used to know, hiding behind the cobwebs that now took refuge in her empty heart.