My Hidden Feels

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Minho’s POV*

Key clapped his hands together in excitement, “Ready? My mama told me when I was young We are all born superstars.” I struck a wild pose. “She rolled my hair and put my lipstick on...” I pretended to fluff my hair and put lipstick on my lips. “In the glass of her boudoir!”

“What is that?” I asked in confusion.

“I don’t know just go with it!” Key pouted. “"There's nothing wrong with loving who you are" She said, "'Cause he made you perfect, babe".” I shook my finger while doing an aegyo face then pointed to Annie and winked. She rolled her eyes and laughed. "So hold your head up girl and you'll go far, Listen to me when I say".” At this point I walked over to Annie, took her by the hand and pulled her up with me.

Everyone burst into the chorus, “I'm beautiful in my way 'Cause God makes no mistakes I'm on the right track, baby I was born this way!” I danced around with Annie, pretending to be holding a microphone and singing to her. “Don't hide yourself in regret Just love yourself and you're set I'm on the right track, baby I was born this way!” I struck the most idiotic pose as my big finish, sending the whole room into a fit of laughter.

“Don’t be a drag, just be a queen!” Taemin shouted, causing me to fall to my knees holding my stomach in laughter. Tears were pouring out of my eyes by the time I finally gained control of myself. I found my glossy eyes immediately looking over to where Nicole was… or at least had been.

“Where’d Nicole go?” I asked.

“I don’t know,” Carolyn said, wiping the tears out of her eyes. “But that was priceless!”

I chuckled and walked on my knees back to my spot in the circle. Annie sat down in here spot and we were ready to roll again.

*Onew’s POV*

I couldn’t help but notice Jonghyun’s jealous face when Minho danced with Annie. He looked as if he wanted to get up and leave as much as Nicole wanted, and did. I’d caught a fleeting glimpse of her, just as she was shutting the door to her room.

*Nicole’s POV*

“Ugh,” I lay down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. Every part of my body ached. Having all this extra weight on me sure was annoying. Just walking across the room took ten times more energy than before.

I listened to the voices outside my room. Minho’s was the one I heard the most. Maybe it was because it was the loudest; or maybe it was because it was the one I wanted to hear.

My phone vibrated on the nightstand next to me and I checked it; four texts from Yesung. I sighed and opened the first message which simply read “Hello.” The second message said “How are you doing?” while the third said, “Are you okay?” The last message made me laugh and roll my eyes “Are you okay? Nicole? I’m getting worried.”

Me: I’m fine you babo.

I opened up my laptop and opened a browser to watch SHINee’s Hello Baby. I’d never bothered with looking up information about them, but I didn’t have anything better to do. Besides, maybe I could actually learn something from watching these idiot boys take care of a child.

My phone vibrated a few minutes in and I checked it reluctantly. Yesung was really starting to annoy me, but for some reason I still answered. I figured I was just having a mood swing.

Yesung: Ahh, thank goodness! What are you doing?

Me:  About to get in the shower.

I lied in hopes that he would leave me alone. It worked. His next message said that he’d talk to me later and to sleep well. Once my phone was back on my nightstand I started the video again. The subtitles were helpful, but it was annoying having to pause occasionally because they went too fast. I had this problem also when I found myself watching the boys rather than the words. My eyes picked up on Minho in every scene; even if it was just a side profile or his shoulder. I did this subconsciously however; as if it was totally natural.

“Aigoo Minho,” I sighed to myself. “You’re so cute.”

My stomach got butterflies and I felt myself having an urge to hug him.

Omo! My eyes widened. Am I becoming a fangirl?! No! No! No! I can’t become a fangirl! Especially not of my ex-boyfriend!

I swore to myself that I’d ignore Minho from now on. I tried to focus on Jonghyun, Taemin, Key, Onew; but in the end I’d find my eyes admiring Minho’s smile, long hair, and soft, sweet attitude toward Yoogeun. He was such a good father.

That’s what this child needs. I put my hand on my bumped out stomach and felt a kick. Usually it grossed me out, but this time I smiled. This child inside me needs a father just like Minho to take care of him.

The baby kicked again and I shouted, “Knock it off!” then laughed.

“I can’t keep you,” I said, becoming serious. “You’d be so much better off without me. You need a real family who you can depend on-,”

I jumped at the sound of my door opening. My cheeks flushed a deep red when I saw it was Minho, and I immediately paused the video, hiding my face with my long, dark hair.

“Can I come in?” he asked softly.

“I don’t care,” I shrugged, putting on an emotionless face.

He slipped into the room, shut the door, and just stood there awkwardly staring at me.

“Well you can sit down,” I rolled my eyes, but didn’t turn away from my laptop screen to look at him. I was pretending to be busy searching the internet, but in all honesty I had opened my pictures and was scrolling through them recklessly.

Minho sat down at the end of my bed uncomfortably. It wasn’t exactly the seat I’d been thinking, but I guess it worked.

“Nicole, um, we should talk,” he said awkwardly, fiddling with his thumbs and looking around nervously. I stayed silent and he went on. “I… I know we kind of left off awkwardly, but… can we at least be friends? I don’t want things to be all weird between us.”

I shrugged, “Whatever.”

“I also um, I’m a little worried about you; as a friend of course! You seem sad and-,”

Suddenly my phone buzzed on the night stand and I reached for it immediately. I smiled at the text I’d sent myself from my AIM account on my computer, in hopes of getting out of the awkward situation.

“Awww!” I cooed, then pretended to be texting something back. Instead of pressing send though, I pressed cancel and shut my phone. “Yesung is just too cute,” I sighed, setting my phone down on the bed next to me.

“Yesung? You guys text?” Minho looked at me shyly.

“Oh, we text all the time,” I said with an excited look on my face. “He’s just the sweetest guy I’ve ever met! But anyway, you were saying?”

“Oh, uh, was I? I really don’t remember what it was I was talking about-,”

“Oh, that’s too bad. Well since you can’t remember, would you mind leaving now? Yesung wants me to call him.”

“Oh, okay,” he got up looking slightly sad and walked toward the door. “Good night Nicole,” he called over to me, but I was already holding the phone up to me ear.

“Annyeong Yesung!” I smiled into the phone. Minho slipped out of the room, closing the door softly behind him. “I miss you too!” I paused. “Oh you are just the sweetest guy ever! We really should get together more.” I pretended to pause, but instead I was listening for Minho. It sounded as if the coast was clear, so I took the phone away from my ear and threw it onto the bed. I pressed play and began watching the silly SHINee show again.

“Oh Minho,” I whispered. “You are just the sweetest guy ever.”