Exploitation

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Key’s POV*

“What is this?!” the manager threw a newspaper down in front of us with a picture of Brianna and I kissing plastered on the front. “What did I tell you guys about keeping your affection for each other off the streets?!”

“Manager hyung-,”

“Annio! You can’t just manager hyung me this time! The boss wants to speak to you now. It’s totally out of my control!”

I glanced over at Brianna who was staring at the ground and looked as if she was about to cry. The manager told us to go up to the boss’s office and we started off slowly. I slipped my hand into hers as we went down the hallway.

“No matter what happens I’m not letting you go.”

“No Key; I know SHINee means too much to you. If it comes down to it, choose SHINee.” She wouldn’t even look at me, but it was probably for the better. I could feel tears of fear and regret creeping to the corners of my eyes. We stopped in front of the office door and, after taking a deep breath, I knocked lightly.

“Come in!”

Brianna and I glanced at each other quickly before I opened the door and we stepped inside.

“Please, sit down,” the boss said motioned to two chairs on the opposite side of his desk. We sat down facing him without saying a word. “You two have caused quite a stir in the Kpop industry.” He raised an eyebrow. “What do you have to say for yourselves?”

“I love her!” I started, but Brianna put a hand on my arm to calm me down.

“Wow, very defensive. So this is real, ne?”

“Yes. We are going to get married,” I crossed my arms.

“Married? Really? Well this is interesting…”

“Please don’t kick Key out of SHINee! Please! I’ll do whatever you want me to-,”

“Calm down, calm down,” the boss said and Brianna sat back quietly. The desperate look still didn’t leave her face. “Before you kids do something you regret, I want you to tell you something.”

At this he got up from his desk and walked over to the window. “SM Entertainment has always been popular with a large fan base, ne?”

“Ne,” I agreed.

“Well lately other companies such as Woolim Entertainment, YG Entertainment, and WM Entertainment have been giving us a lot of competition. It might be risky, but we may be able to use your relationship. Just think about it: Beloved Korean star Key falls for common American girl. We could play up the proposal, the wedding; maybe even make a show out of your married life… the fans would go crazy!”

“But we don’t really want to be publicized,” Brianna spoke up innocently

“Honey, you’re going to marry an international pop star. Of course your life is going to be publicized! We have to start planning the proposal!”

“But I already proposed,” I said awkwardly.

“Just like you’ll already be married during your wedding! Listen, you kids can have your own wedding, do what you like; but we’re going to make a parallel life to it all and that will be what the media and fans see. Oh this is marvelous!” He glanced at his watch then looked back up at us, “It’s getting late. Why don’t you kids head home and get some rest. We’re going to have to get to work on all of this as soon as possible.” He said this while ushering us toward the door. “I expect to see you both here bright and early tomorrow morning; say seven o’clock? Annyeong!”

He closed the door behind us, leaving my fiancé and me alone in the empty hallway to stare at each other in shock.

“What just happened?” Brianna asked slowly.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into the most comforting hug I could manage. “I hope you like the limelight yebo, because I think we just became the couple of the year.”