DarMin

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Minho’s POV*

The view below us was gorgeous. Dara had shown me this hilltop when we first started going out. You could practically see the whole city from up here. The wind whipped around our hair as we sat together in the grass. Dara was casually picking at the grass on the ground and I leaned in to kiss her neck.

“I remember when you showed me this place,” I whispered into her soft skin.

“That was a happy time,” she laughed to herself, still picking at the grass.

“Isn’t now?” I pulled back and slipped an arm around her shoulders.

“Minho.” Finally she looked at me, but it wasn’t with the expression I’d expected.

“Yebo what is it?” I caressed her cheek with my thumb.

She sat silently for a minute, looking out over the city. I turned to scan the skyline with her, taking in its beauty. It was nothing compared to hers. I began to imagine what it would be like to walk down the streets of Seoul together and not be recognized. We could be that couple who randomly makes out in the middle of the city. The couple that-

“We need to break up.”

My heart stopped.

“Nicole!” I turned back to face her. “Why?! We can’t-,”

“THAT’S why. Think about what you just said.” Her eyes bored into mine.

“Oh, Dara I didn’t mean to! I swear! She was just on my mind because of the whole new pregnancy thing. I swear-,”

“You don’t have to defend yourself,” she gave me a weak smile. “I understand.”

“Oh thank-,”

“But we still need to break up.”

“Dara,” I put a hand to her face and moved closer. “Don’t do this. I love you. I love you so much. Please don’t break my heart.”

“It’s not mine to break,” she whispered.

“Of course it is yebo, and I’m begging you not to break it!”

“How can I break the heart of a man who’s in love with someone else?”

“There’s no one else-,”

“Don’t lie to me Minho. This is hard enough as it is. Please,” she put a hand on the side of my neck. “Tell me the truth sweetheart.”

“Dara, I promise you; you’re the only one in my eyes. Nicole means nothing to me now.”

Her eyes searched all over my face, but for what I wasn’t sure. Finally she spoke, “I believe you.”

“I’m so glad,” I sighed, wrapping my arms around her.

“You just better not break my heart,” she threatened, pulling away to look me in the face.

“Never; I love you Park Sandara.”

“And I love you, you babo,” she laughed, pulling us into a kiss by the collar of my shirt.

“Oh!” I pulled back to check my phone. “I should be heading to the SM building right now for the fake proposal!”

“Well we can’t keep the happy couple waiting!”

“I’m not so sure about that,” I sighed as we walked back down the hill toward the car we’d rented.

“What do you mean?”

“Key and Brianna aren’t too thrilled about this whole ‘fake proposal’ thing. They just want to do their own thing off to the side, but the boss is shoving all of this on them. Did you know he’s making them have a fake wedding that’s going to be filmed too?!”

“Omo, that’s just terrible. What ever happened to privacy?” she asked, shaking her head as I opened the passenger door for her and she slid in.

“Once you become an idol there is no such thing as privacy,” I answered after I climbed in on the driver’s side and put the keys in the ignition.

“So, so true.” She stared out the window as we cruised down the winding road back into the busy city. “Do you think our relationship will be publicized?”

“I hope not.”

“You mean you don’t want to be seen with me?” she fake-pouted.

“Annio! Annio; that’s not what I meant! It’s just so… I want it to be just us and the people we love.”

“I know what you mean. We can only hope, ne?”

“Ne,” I agreed. Thinking about marriage scared me. I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to do it. It was such a big step in life. How would I know if I made the right decision?