A Yellow Ribbon And An Oak Tree; What A Coincidence!

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Jonghyun’s POV*

“There,” I smiled, tucking the vibrantly red wildflower behind Annie’s ear. “Beautiful.”

“Jjong,” she rolled her eyes and walked over to the small pond. “Teach me how to skip stones.”

I bit my bottom lip and joined her, “I’d be happy to. First you have to pick up the bumpiest stone you can find.”

“Like this?” She held up the most awkwardly shaped rock I’d ever seen.

“Ne. Now you throw it overhand like you’re throwing a baseball.”

She attempted to throw it, but it plopped straight down into the water.

“I think I did something wrong,” she pouted.

“Well, you could try side arm throwing, but it’s only for professionals. Watch.”

I pretended to pick up a lumpy rock, but I was secretly hiding a smooth stone. She watched intently as I whipped the stone at the water and it skipped three times.

“Oh my gosh, you are amazing!” She cried, throwing her arms around me. “How ever could I become as good as you?!”

“I know, I know. But you’ll learn in time,” I smirked.

“Seriously,” she pulled away and looked up at me skeptically. “Do you really think I’m that stupid?”

She bent down and picked up a smooth stone, then proceeded to toss it across the pond. It skipped seven times before being claimed by the murky water.

“Only for professionals?” She raised an eyebrow, turning back to face me.

“I um, it’s…”

“You ridiculous boy,” she rolled her eyes and wandered over to a large oak tree.

I followed her cautiously and watched as she circled the tree slowly, staring up at the branches. It was such a beautiful picture.

“You know,” I went the other way around the tree so we’d meet up. “This is an oak tree.”

“Really? Tell me more!” She rolled her eyes and headed the other way.

“Alright, well there’s this song about a soldier who went to war and left his girlfriend and her family back home. Going to the war might’ve been a disgrace to the family, so upon his return he wrote the family a letter. The letter said that if they wanted him back, they needed to tie a yellow ribbon around the oak tree out in front of their house. If he saw it he’d stop, but if her didn’t he’d stay on the bus and just keep going.”

“Really now?” she mocked, but I slipped my hands into hers.

“When the bus came, the soldier saw yellow ribbons tied all over the tree, along with every other tree, so he stopped. The girl and her family loved him that much.”

“Cute,” Annie said simply, pulling back on my hands as she rocked back on her heels.

“You know,” I gave her arms a tug so she fell forward into my arms. “You’re wearing a yellow ribbon in your hair right now.”

Her hands were rested on my chest and I slowly brought mine around her neck, giving one end of the ribbon a tug.

“Will you tie the ribbon on the oak tree for me?” I dangled the ribbon by her face.

“What makes you think I would want to tie it for you?” She answered smartly.

“Because you love me; right?”

She stared at me for a few seconds before snatching the ribbon for me and turning toward the tree.

“Give me a boost up,” she demanded. “I want to find a branch where no one can destroy it.”

“Why is that?” I smirked as I helped her into the tree.

“Are you really going to make me say it?”

“Yes.”

“Fine,” she began tying the ribbon around a high branch. “Because no one can destroy our love.”

“Ohhhh, Annie! You’re so corny!”

“Shut up babo!”

I stood quietly as she began her struggle to get down. She was having trouble, but I still just stood there.

“Well are you going to help me down?”

I stayed quiet.

“Jjong?”

“…”

“Jonghyun?!”

“Jeez, make up your mind! First you want me to be quiet, then you want me to help you… aigoo woman!”

“Don’t you ‘aigoo woman’ me!”

I reached up the help her, my hands wandering…

“Don’t touch my !”

I squeezed in reply.

“Jonghyun I’m gonna- ahhh!” she screamed as the branch she was standing on broke. I tried to catch her, but only succeeded in breaking her fall slightly when we fell to the ground and she crashed on top of me.

“Nice catch,” she said sarcastically, pushing herself off of me.

“At least I tried!”

She continued walking away.

“Annie; stop right where you are!”

She froze. I’d never spoken that way to her, so it must’ve caught her off guard.

I marched over to her, “You say our love is endless, but what love?! Seriously all we do is bicker and it drives me crazy! I just want to kiss you and tell you how crazy I am about you and I want you to like it and respond with how much you love me back!”

She slipped her hands around my neck and began playing with my hair. “Jjongie sweetheart, that is all I’ve been waiting to hear.”

Her lips pressed against mine and my arms found their way around her waist. We didn’t hesitate in turning our kiss into passionate saliva swapping. Little groans of affection and lust escaped our mouths. She was suddenly in my arms and I walked us over to the tree so she could lean her back against something. Her hands reached up, taking hold of the branches above as she desperately ate at my lips. I used one hand to reach up and take her hands back down, placing them around my neck. I craved the feeling of her fingers running through my hair, and soon my hope was fulfilled.

“What do you say we find a comfier place to do this?” I smirked, out of breath.

“Please.”