It's So Much Harder

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Key’s POV*

Our boss made Brianna, Rebecca, Onew and I play the final match out to the finish, though none of us were focused on the game. As soon as the event was over and the other couple received their trophy, we said goodbye to the fans and headed straight for the hospital.

Yesung had been quiet the whole ride there and I could tell he wasn’t only worried, but in deep thought as well. I couldn’t help but wonder what he was thinking. Brianna was also very quiet and looked a little dazed.

“Yebo, everything’s going to be fine,” I whispered, pulling her close to me and kissing the top of her forehead.

“She looked like she was in so much pain. Did you see how scared she was? That’s going to be me someday-,"

“Annio. You won’t be that scared because you’ll have me with you.”

She gave me a weak smile but I could tell she was still internally freaking out.

When we got to the hospital we found Minho sitting in the waiting room alone.

“Hyung,” Taemin sat down next to him. “How are you?”

“She’s in surgery. They’re taking the baby. They said everything’s going to be fine but I’m… scared,” Minho suddenly pulled Taemin into a hug and it was obvious he was fighting back tears. Taemin looked slightly stunned since he’d never seen his hyung like that, but he tried his best to comfort him.

We all sat together in the waiting room. After two hours a nurse came out asking for any relatives of Nicole Fayner. Yesung and Minho both stood up, but the older sat back down. Minho gave him a sorrowful look then said to the nurse, “I’m her boyfriend. None of her relatives are in the country.”

When I entered Nicole’s hospital room she was laying on the bed with her eyes closed. At first I thought she was asleep, but when I walked toward her she opened her eyes and smiled at me.

“I’m alive.”

“Of course you are yebo. I told you everything would work out.”

“You called me yebo,” she slipped her hand into mine. “I’ve missed hearing that so much.”

I smiled and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. “How are you feeling?”

“Tired.”

“Which is only normal for someone who went through that you just did,” the nurse put in. “Would you like to see your son now?” she directed her question toward Nicole and I smiled in excitement.

“I’m not keeping him, so please… no,” Nicole said as straightly as she could.

“But Nicole-,” I tried, but she stopped me.

“I’m not the right person for raising children; at least not yet. He needs a family who can give him all the love he needs. I can’t do that, and neither could my parents. Heck, my parents don’t even know they have a grandchild!”

Her voice was beginning to tremble and I could see her eyes dampening. “I picked a name for him though.”

“What is it?” I asked, choking on my words.

“Yoogeun,” she smiled. “After watching your Hello Baby and how much you loved that Yoogeun, I want my baby’s- I mean, the baby’s parents to love him just as much…” Her last few words came out choked and I leaned down to hug her.

“This is so much more difficult than I thought it was going to be,” she whispered as tears began rolling from her dark eyes. “I just feel like he’s a part of me, you know? I carried him inside for almost eight months and… and I just want him to be loved so much.”

“No matter where he goes or what he does, he will always be loved,” I comforted her. “Because the love a mother has for her son can never be erased. And hey, maybe his parents will let you come visit him.”

“No,” she shook her head. “I don’t want him to be torn. I- I wrote this note for him though, so he’ll know that I didn’t just abandon him.”

She handed me the note that was sitting on the small table by the hospital bed and I began to read.

Dear Yoogeun,

Hi sweetheart. How are you? I’m not sure how old you are right now, but knowing what a bright child you are you’ve probably learned to read at a young age. The nurses told me that you were practically born with a smile on your face! Yoogeun, I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life, and I don’t want my problems to mess up your life. You have so much potential in this world! I just want you to know that even though I’ve messed up a lot, you are the one good thing that came out of it. You mean the world to me, and I know you mean the world to your family. No matter where you go or what you do, you’re a treasure. As you grow you’ll only shine brighter and brighter. I bet you’re going to have a lot of girls asking you to be their boyfriend seeing as how handsome I know you are, but please be responsible. Wait for that one special girl who is perfection to you in every way. Gosh, here I am giving you relationship advice and you’re not even a day old. Anyway, when you do find that special someone, take care of her and treat her right. Be the gentleman I know you are. I wish you love and luck in your life as you grow and learn. I understand if you’re angry at me, baby I really do. But please, don’t let that hate burn your heart. Only love; you’ll be so happy that way. Remember Yoogeun, whether you’re two houses down or on the moon, Mommy always loves you.

Love,

Your Mother

When I was finished reading I looked up with teary eyes.

“He’s going to be an amazing son,” Nicole smiled, dimples greeting her dampened cheeks.

“Of course he is,” I kissed her forehead. “Because he’s your son.”