Birthdays and Secrets

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Carolyn’s POV*

The next few days passed by quickly and before we knew it it was Monday and the boys’ free time was over. Taemin and I had spent all the time we could with each other, but it still didn’t feel like enough. A day or two before, he had mentioned his concern to me about Minho’s “weird behavior”. He was acting a little distant, but I figured he just missed Dara. Taemin wasn’t so convinced, but he didn’t push the matter any further.

“Hey Carolyn, we’re going to explore more of the city today! Want to come?” Brianna asked as I came down the stairs and into the living room.

“Um, I actually have to do something today… you guys go ahead without me,” I answered awkwardly.

“Are you sure?”

“Oh yeah. You guys go ahead. Have a great time!”

As soon as the girls left (thankfully Nicole went along as well) I whipped out my phone.

Me: The coast is clear.

Yesung: I’m on my way! c:

*Rebecca’s POV*

“So Key reminded me that Taemin’s birthday is today,” Brianna informed us as we walked along with busy streets. “The boys are planning a small celebration for him with cake and a few gifts.”

“Omo, I didn’t even know,” I said in embarrassment.

“We have to get him something!” Annie put in.

“What should we get him though…? A lifetime supply of ice cream and banana milk?”

“Oh definitely,” I laughed at my cousins silly idea.

“Well, you know Carolyn and Taemin are still innocent. We could buy them-,”

“Ah!” Brianna jumped over and covered Annie’s mouth before she could finish the sentence. “Don’t you dare even finish that!” she laughed. “We must keep the maknaes pure!”

“Wouldn’t I be the female maknae?” I questioned.

“Aigoo, well we must keep both female maknaes pure, and Taemin.”

“Here’s hoping that Carolyn isn’t planning too special of a birthday gift for Tae,” Annie smirked.

“Omo you are just so terrible today,” I laughed. Just then I noticed how quiet Nicole had been this whole time and decided to include her in the conversation. “Nicole when is your birthday?”

“Why do you want to know?” she glared.

“Well I was just wondering-,”

“Yesterday.”

“What?”

“My birthday was yesterday idiot. I’m not repeating it again.”

“Omo! I’m so sorry we missed it!” Brianna exclaimed.

“We have to celebrate it while we’re out today then. We’ll take you anywhere you want to go. It’s up to you,” I smiled.

“Is home an option?” she asked solemnly.

“Um, not really… can you pick some place in Seoul?”

“Ah forget it then.” She waddled on ahead of us in annoyance.

*Taemin’s POV*

Aigoo, I can’t believe I forgot my dance clothes. I sighed, mentally kicking myself as I hurried back toward the dorms. After grabbing my clothes I was about to head back when I decided to check in to see if the girls *cough* Carolyn *cough* were in.

I brought my hand up to the door to knock, but lowered it at the sound of Carolyn’s laughing voice, “Haha, oppa no! Stop it!”

My brows furrowed in confusion. I peeked into the living room window to see no one other than Yesung spraying silly string all over Carolyn. She was laughing and holding her hands up, trying to block the web-like spray from hitting her clothes.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Immediately everything went silent inside the dorm. After a minute the door opened and Carolyn was standing before me, silly string debris still caught in her curls.

“Taemin!” she said in surprise. “What are you doing here?”

“Well I forgot my clothes,” I gestured toward the bag in my arms. “…and I thought I’d see if you were home. Apparently you are. Is um, anyone else here?”

“Annio!” she said quickly, sticking her arm across the door to stop me from peaking in. “Um, I mean, it’s just me.”

“Really? Because I could’ve sworn-,”

“Don’t swear Taemin. It’s not good to swear,” she smiled at me cutely.

“Are you alright?”

“What? Yeah! Yeah, I’m fine. Why don’t you just run along to practice? Have a great time!” She practically pushed me down the sidewalk. “Love you!”

I walked away, unsure what to make of the scene that had just played out before me. What is she hiding? Is there something going on between her and Yesung? Why did shelie to me?