Kids and Kittens

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Brianna’s POV*

“I can’t wait to get you home,” Key whispered in my ear as we walked down the brightly lighted streets of Seoul, headed back toward the dorms.

“Is that all you’ve missed me for?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Not even close. But you can’t tell me you haven’t missed it either.”

“You have a point,” I smiled.

“Plus-,”

“Key oppa?” He was interrupted when a young girl came over to us with a pen and paper in her hand. “Um, can I have your autograph?”

“Ne,” he smiled down at her and took the pen and paper from her hands. “What’s your name?” he asked in Korean.

“Choi Hyunok,” she replied shyly.

“Here you go,” he said, handing the girl the pen and pad back after he’d signed it.

“Kamsahamnida!!!” she exclaimed, giving him a quick hug before hurrying away.

“Haha, so where we were?” he asked as we began walking again.

“Something about you buying me a kitten.”

“Right, well… wait, what?” Key looked at me in confusion.

“Bahaha, I’m just messing with you!” I laughed.

“I’ll get you a kitten.”

“No Key; its okay. I wasn’t being serious.”

“I don’t care,” he stated. “I’m going to buy you a kitten and you’re going to like it!”

“No! Key don’t! I wouldn’t be able to bring it back home with me anyway!”

“Too bad. It’ll just have to stay with appa while umma goes back to America for a little while,” he smiled.

“Woah; already talking about children and we’re not even married yet! Are we rushing things?”

He laughed and put his arm around my shoulders. We were back to the dorms by now and the fangirls had thankfully dispersed. The boys went with us to our dorm to hang out for a while. 

“Hey everyone!” Key said loudly once we were all inside. “Brianna and I are going to have a kid!”

Everyone’s faces dropped and they just stared at us in shock.

“Key,” I laughed, rolling my eyes and giving his arm a light slap. “He’s just kidding. We’re getting a kitten, not a kid; you dingleberry!”

“Omo, you seriously scared me for a minute,” Rebecca gasped, putting a hand to her chest.

“Don’t worry sachon. Kids aren’t something we’re going to have to worry about for a long time, if ever,” I reassured her, plopping down on the couch.

“Wait, what?” Key looked at me.

“Wait what, what?” I asked with a laugh.

“Does that mean you don’t want to marry me?” he asked, looking heartbroken.

“Omo Key, no! That’s not what I meant at all! We can get married and still not have kids.”

“Not have kids?”

“You don’t really want kids, do you Key?” I asked, playing with his hand.

“Of course I want kids. I thought it went without saying. We get married, then we have kids and raise them together. That’s how a family works.”

“But… they’re so much trouble! They are messy and expensive and they’re a lot of work.”

“Yes, but we’d take care of the child together. It’d be a job that you and I could work on side by side. And after one we could have another, and maybe another-,”

“Key!” I sat straight up and looked him in the eyes. “You really want kids?”

“Of course! Do you not want to have children with me?!”

“I… I don’t,” I answered, looking down at the ground.

“You mean you don’t know? Because you have time to think about it. We’re not getting married until you graduate and are settled here-,”

“No Key,” I stopped him. “I just don’t.”

Key stared at me with an unreadable expression and I had no clue what to expect. Everyone else had gone silent to listen to our disagreement. He looked at me a few more seconds before turning and stomping toward the door.

“Key!” I called after him, but he wouldn’t stop. He slammed the door behind him; its sound was like a bullet through my heart. “I… I,” I turned back to face everyone else.

“Go after him,” said Rebecca. “Now.”

I nodded and slowly backed toward the door before running out after my diva.