Couples Tennis Tournament

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Taemin’s POV*

Finally the day of the tennis tournament arrived. We wore pink attire because half of the profits from the tournament were to be donated to cancer victims. Carolyn looked adorable in her pink tennis shirt and white skirt.

“I love your personal touch with the blank ribbon,” I smiled, motioning toward her improvised “belt”.

“Well, since we’re going to win I figured our team should stand out,” she winked.

“First up will be Team Jageun Dak verses Team Bling Bling,” the announcer spoke over the intercom. The fans went crazy as Onew, Rebecca, Jonghyun and Annie ran out onto the court. Since it was really hot out, the rest of us chose to wait in the prep room under the bleachers and watch on the screens they had set up in there.

“My money’s on Jonghyun and Annie for this round,” Carolyn said, not tearing her eyes from the screen.

“I don’t know; Rebecca and Onew have been practicing a lot. I think they’ll win.”

“Onew Sangtae,” she pointed out.

“You have a point there!”

In the end I ended up being correct. Onew and Rebecca swept the court, though it was mostly due to Jonghyun’s and Annie’s under-their-breath bickering.

“I told you I had that last ball!” Annie huffed, throwing her racket down once they got back into the prep room, away from the screaming fans.

“What about all those other balls that you said you “had” but flew right by you?!” Jonghyun shot back.

“Guys chill out!” the manager demanded. The two fell silent, but kept sending death glares back and forth.

“I’m so proud of you,” Onew smiled, slipping his arm around Rebecca.

“We make a good team,” she laughed before taking another gulp of water.

“Next up is Team Taelyn verses Team Nacho!”

“Time to go!” I exclaimed excitedly, taking Carolyn’s hand and heading toward the entrance onto the courts. 

“You named your team after your kitty?” Carolyn chuckled to Brianna and Key.

“No, we named it after our daughter,” Key winked and we all headed out onto the courts.

 When the first match began the fans still didn’t quiet down. I was used to the noise, but whenever someone shouted “Taemin Oppa!” I always felt like I had to turn and look. Because of this I missed a few balls. Key and Brianna won the first match, but we fired back with a win in the second match.

Now at the end of the third match we were tied. Whoever won this point would go on to the finals. Key tossed the ball and smacked it across the court. Carolyn smacked it back to Brianna who did the same. Carolyn, who was on her toes and quicker than a cheetah, sprinted to save the ball and send it back. Now the ball was coming straight toward me. I swung for it, waiting to feel the impact of the ball on my racket and see it fly right back toward my hyung. However, instead of the impact of the ball, I felt the impact of the ground on my as I twirled in a circle and fell.

“Taemin!” Carolyn was by my side. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” I blushed.

Carolyn gave me a hand up and I waved to the audience to show them I was okay, making them go crazy.

To determine if Minho and Yesung’s team, “ShawElf” would be moving on to the finals, Annie and Jonghyun volunteered to play them since they had already lost. If Annie and Jjong won then they still wouldn’t be going to the finals since they were already out, but that would mean Minho and Yesung wouldn’t either.

*Minho’s POV*

When we got onto the court I waved to the fans and played it up for them; blowing kisses, doing aegyo, waving my hands. However when it was time to focus I remembered that Yesung was my partner and my spirits fell a little.

“We’ve got this, ne?” Yesung half smiled.

“Yeah,” I agreed with the other half of the smile, giving my hyung a weak fist pound.

The first match was claimed by Annie and Jonghyun due to Yesung’s and my resentment toward each other. You could’ve cut the tension between us with the knife. We didn’t really want to even talk to each other, so a lot of times we’d collide going for the same ball, or it would zip by us with neither of us moving.

“We have to talk,” Yesung said with little enthusiasm.

“Yeah,” I agreed straightly, though nothing changed.

Half way through the second match another ball zipped between us. Annie and Jonghyun hugged in excitement and I finally turned to Yesung.

“We have to put everything aside and play, okay?!”

“That’s what I am doing!” he fired back.

“No, you’re obviously angry at me because Nicole still loves me and you like her!”

“Loves you? Please! You broke her heart. There’s no way she’s going to take you back! I actually take care of her and treat he well!”

“Guys!” We turned at the sound of Jonghyun’s voice calling us. “We’re in the middle of a public event. Stop fighting!”

I rolled my eyes and returned to my spot on the court, Yesung doing the same. It wasn’t a surprise when we lost the match. I was angry at Yesung. I had wanted to win for Nicole, but we hadn’t even made it to the finals.

“It’s not my fault,” Yesung whispered under his breath as we walked back toward the prep room.

“You bet it is,” I glared back.

When we entered the prep room I noticed a gloomy mood. Carolyn was pacing around the room; Brianna was staring at the wall, while Onew and Rebecca were whispering to each other nervously.

“What’s happening?” I asked, then I noticed something else. “Where’s Nicole?”