It's Been So Long

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

I just couldn't take it anymore. I HADDDD to update!!! So here is the first chapter. I will most likely begin regular updating this weekend^^ I hope you liiiiike!<33

 

*Brianna’s POV*

“Listen, enjoy the mayo!” Rebecca and I laughed as we walked through the airport together. People were giving us funny looks, but we didn’t care.

“You’re the hottest ice cream ninja!” We burst out this time before curling over in laughter, holding our stomachs.

“Ohhh gosh,” Rebecca gasped. “The things we hear in these songs!”

“Hey, don’t forget ‘Soy un dorito!’” I reminded her, sending us both into another fit of laughter.

“Oh! Don’t forget in ‘Y Si Fuera Ella…’” Rebecca and I looked at each other before bursting out in unison “You wanna taco?!”

Our laughter became so great that we had to stop walking. Rebecca grabbed her stomach and stumbled as she did her wheeze-laugh and I put my hands on my knees as tears poured out of my eyes. We probably looked like we just got out of the Looney Bin.

“Oh my gosh! Brianna? Rebecca?”

We looked up, wiping away our tears and trying to regain control of our bodies to see a familiar blonde haired girl walking toward us.  

“Annie!” We cried together, rushing over to the girl. We embraced her in a hug, jumping up and down.

“I’ve missed you!” I exclaimed as we broke apart from our hug. “Seeing you four times in the past three years was definitely not enough. We should’ve stayed in touch more!”

“I know,” Annie agreed. “It’s just so hard! If it wasn’t for Rebecca and me going to the same school, I don’t think we ever would’ve seen each other!”

“By the way,” Rebecca spoke up. “I just wanted to thank you again sooo much for coming to my graduation. It meant a lot to me!”

“Aww, of course,” Annie smiled. “You’re like a little sister to me. It’s crazy how close we got after that summer, even though I was going to college.”

“Like that one time when you took me to get my first manicure and we got lost?!”

“Yes!!” Annie exclaimed, her face brightening. “We practically ended up in Pennsylvania!”

“That’s near Carolyn! We could’ve just picked her up too!” Rebecca said, causing both of them to burst into laughter.

“Ahhh, I can’t believe we’re finally all going to be together again! How did you guys ever manage to arrange all this?” Annie asked, wiping her eyes for any laugh-tears, while being cautious as to not smudge her makeup.

“Well,” I started, “Rebecca and I were discussing how we both wanted to take a trip over to see the boys. Then we got talking with Carolyn and it turned into the three of us. We ended up talking to the manager and he said he suggested that ALL of us come; which surprised me! But I wasn’t going to complain!”

“That is weird… but awesome!” Annie said joyously. “But how did you find Nicole? I haven’t heard anything from her since the last day at the airport.”

“I guess SM Entertainment has their ways,” I laughed.

“Brianna! Rebecca! Annie!” We heard someone shout and turned to see a curly, black haired girl walking toward us with a giant smile.

“Carolyn!!!” We all ran toward the girl, crushing her in a giant four person hug.

“You died your hair!” Annie exclaimed, examining her new short, dark cut.

“Yeah, I figured it was time for a change,” she laughed, adjusting her curls.

“It looks great,” Rebecca smiled.

“It’s more than great. It’s adorable!” I added, clapping my hands in excitement.

“Haha, kamsahamnida,” she smiled.

“Ohhh, brushing up on your Korean! Very smart!”

“Yes! I’ve been practicing every chance I get!” Carolyn explained. “I’m so nervous about not understanding anything. Like, what if-,”

“Oh my gosh,” Annie was staring at something with a shocked look on her face as if she’d seen a ghost. She began hitting at us with her hand to get our attention.

“What is it?” I asked, turning to see what the big deal was. My mouth gaped open at the sight, but I quickly shut it.

“That can’t be her, can it?” Carolyn asked in awe. Now all of us were looking in the same direction.

The once short, classy, brunette was, well she was still short, but her appearance had totally changed. Her hair was now jet black, straightened and long. She wore a short black and red checkered skirt, black zipper boots, and a black, baggy hoodie with the hood up over her head. Her eyeliner was very heavily put on and she wore bright red lipstick that matched her skirt.

“What are you looking at?” It was definitely Nicole. I could never mistake that voice for anyone else’s. She looked at us all suspiciously as if nothing was different about her. “Hello? Have you all gone deaf?!”

“Uh, um no. Hi Nicole! It’s been so long!” I finally stuttered. I approached her for a hug, but she took a step back and put out her hand.

“I don’t do hugs,” she said sternly.

There was an awkward silence after that. Nobody really knew what to say. Or maybe they were just afraid to ask what had happened to her.

“So, how have you been?” Rebecca finally asked.

“I’m fine,” she shrugged. “We should probably go get on our plane now. It’s leaving soon.” And with that she started off toward the boarding gate.

The rest of us exchanged awkward glances before following the newly gothic girl.

------------------------- 

“What do you think happened to her?” Rebecca whispered in my ear. Thankfully we were able to snag two seats next to each other on the plane.

“I don’t know,” I answered honestly. “Maybe she’s just going through a phase. Or maybe it’s for attention. Her parents are always away and stuff.”

“Hmmm, maybe,” Rebecca pondered over my idea.

I just shrugged, “Well, I’m going to get some sleep. I hate that this flight leaves at 11:00 at night. But I guess that means when we get there it’ll be day, right? Because the time zones and… yeah I’m just gonna sleep now.”

I sighed and leaned back in my seat, closing my eyes. We had a long, 14 hour flight ahead of us, and I needed my beauty sleep. I couldn’t have bags under my eyes when seeing Key for the first time in two years (He visited me the summer after we said goodbye so he could meet my family.) Thankfully they all took to him very well, and were very happy that I’d fallen for someone as decent as Kibum. My mom was still weary of letting me get married so soon, but I knew she was just having trouble letting go.

Time for sleep now. I thought, snuggling into my seat as comfortably as I could. When I wake up I’ll be that much closer to my sweet, beautiful Kim Kibum.

*Rebecca’s POV*

My eyes drifted out the window and down beneath us. I took in the beauty of the city’s lights while adjusting my earphones in my ears. “So Fine,” by B1A4 was my background music as the lights slowly became fewer and fewer and we made our way out of the city and across the North American continent.