Well Someone's Changed In The Last Eight Hours

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Minho’s POV*

“That was by far the best water park I’ve ever been to!” Carolyn informed us for the fifth time from her spot on the couch. She was lying across the sofa with her head in Taemin’s lap and her feet sharing Key’s lap with Brianna.

“Hey Carolyn,” Brianna piped up. “I love you, I do, but could you please take your feet somewhere else? There’s just something about feet that creep me out.”

“Sure,” Carolyn laughed, removing her feet, but not before wiggling her toes in Brianna’s face.

“Ah!” Brianna slapped them away, laughing with a slightly scared expression on her face.

“So, Yesung and Nicole still aren’t back yet,” Rebecca pointed out.

Finally someonebesides me was actually concerned about them being gone.

“I know; I hope nothing happened to them,” I said as nonchalantly as possible.

“I’m sure they’re fine,” Jonghyun waved his hand as if brushing away the thought. “Yesung is a good guy.”

“Bad things can happen to good guys.”

“Baby, Jonghyun’s right. They’re probably having a great time,” Dara comforted me, giving me a kiss on the cheek and snuggling closer in my lap.

“I suppose so,” I agreed so the matter could be dropped.

Why am I so concerned? Well I can be concerned. If anything bad happened to a person, even someone I don’t know, I would still be concerned. It’s only my natural protective instincts. I just hope Yesung doesn’t think to try anything on her. Annio; he’s a good guy.

Suddenly we heard the muffled rattle of the doorknob and the door swung open, bringing in with it Yesung and a smiling, laughing Nicole.

“Oppa you’re too cute,” she laughed, but immediately stopped when she saw all of us staring at her.

Yesung on the other hand, looked up casually and smiled at us as if seeing Nicole laugh was an everyday thing. “Annyeong! Mianhe for how late we are. We sort of lost track of time.”

“It’s okay,” Onew smiled, getting up to greet Yesung. “I’m glad you two had a good time.”

Nicole rolled her eyes which made me smile. Maybe she was just being sarcastic when they walked in and she actually hated her day with Yesung. …Omo; what the heck?!

I blinked hard to see if it was just my eyes playing tricks on me, but sure enough there was Nicole’s hand down by her side, letting her fingers play along with Yesung’s as if they wanted intertwine with each other.

What the heck is going on inside my body? It’s weird; I feel all hot, like my stomach is boiling. Am I… jealous?

The thought of Nicole actually liking another guy had never crossed my mind before. I mean I knew she had flings with guys back home; that was just a given. But the way she acted around Yesung… it was different than just physical attraction. She actually seemed to like him.

But why so suddenly? What happened to her being cold and hard? And why does she look so happy?

Seeing her happy honestly made me sad. You see, all this time I had figured that her seemingly depressed state had been caused by me. Therefore I figured she still had feelings for me. But now seeing her like this with Yesung... it made me wonder if I had really been the reason at all.

She can only be happy with me.

“I’ll see you later oppa,” she actually smiled at Yesung as she said it.

“Daeumebayo,” he smiled back then slipped out the door.  

“Glad you two are home safe-,” Onew went to put a hand comfortingly on her back, but she jerked away and glared at him.

“I hope you guys know nothing has changed,” she stated, the darkness returning to her eyes. Before any of us could say a word she marched into her room and slammed the door.

“Well that was interesting,” Taemin was the first one to fill the silence that had fallen over the room.

“She was actually laughing and smiling!” Brianna said in disbelief.

“But did you see how she acted to Onew?” Rebecca put in. “It’s like she only likes Yesung. I wonder what he did or said that made her trust him.”

“Or maybe it’s something she did,” Jonghyun added, just to be mischievous.

“Minho sweetheart, are you okay?” Dara asked; her voice pulling me like a lifesaver out of my ocean of thoughts. “You’re breathing really hard.”

I suddenly became conscious of how rapidly my breathing had become.

“Oh, ne; I’m fine. I guess my body just needed a little extra oxygen,” I laughed uneasily.

“Or maybe you have pneumonia again,” Taemin cut in, obviously listening in on our conversation.

“Omo, don’t even bring that up,” I groaned.

“You had pneumonia?” Dara looked at me in surprised concern.

“Ne; but it’s okay. It didn’t affect my singing.”

“Oh thank goodness,” she sighed. “Otherwise I’d have to break up with you.”

She could tell by my expression and big eyes that I was stunned by her comment. I could also tell by the change her in voice and the big smile on her face that she was joking.

“I’m just messing with you,” she giggled, fake-punching my arm.

“Ya! Beat me up and then maybe I’ll have to break up with you,” I teased, grabbing her hand before she could punch me again.

“So tell me how you got pneumonia,” Dara demanded curiously.

“Oh, um well, it’s kind of a long story-,”

“He was playing soccer in the rain and then knocked himself out with the ball and we found him unconscious on the ground. A lot of water got into his lungs,” Onew covered for me quickly.

“Aww, my poor Minnie,” she squeezed my cheeks playfully. “But seriously that is terrible,” she said turning back to face everyone else.

“Kamsahamnida,” I mouthed to my chicken-crazed hyung.

“Chunmaneyo,” he mouthed back with a pitiful expression on his face.

*Carolyn’s POV*

I made sure to hide the message on my phone so Taemin couldn’t read our conversation.

Me: Hey, so are you still up for coming over on Monday?

Yesung: Ne; I’ll make sure to bring everything you asked for.

Me: Just whatever you do, make sure Taemin doesn’t find out. Arasso?

Yesung: Of course!(:

 

I was feeling a double update today^^ Hope you guys are liking the story! I know a lot is going on, but it'll all fall into place c; Thank you soooo much for your love and support! Your feedback inspires me to keep writing!<3