I'm Looking At You, But I'm Seeing Him

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Yesung’s POV*

“A large chocolate ice cream with chocolate sprinkles,” I placed Nicole’s order, giving a small laugh at her typical ‘pregnant ice cream’ request. I order myself a small vanilla soft serve with rainbow sprinkles. After getting our ice creams we headed outside to walk and enjoy.

“How is it?” I asked as Nicole attacked her giant ice cream cone.

“Omo you have no idea how good this tastes,” she said dreamily.

“You’re so cute,” I laughed. She rolled her eyes, but this time her action was joined by a smile.

“So when are you due?” I asked, lowering my voice.

“Two months,” she answered in a hushed voice. “That’s why I was getting scared. I feel like I’m not showing enough for being six months in. I mean, I know it’s my first and all, but I’m so scared. What if things go wrong? What if I die? I couldn’t imagine myself dying. I just can’t,” her voice crackled and I turned to see her eyes glossing over.

“Nicole,” I stopped and placed a hand on her shoulder, looking deep into her eyes. “Everything’s going to work out okay. You’re going to be just fine and before you know it you’ll have a beautiful young baby in your arms.”

“No,” she took a few steps away and leaned against a light post.

“Nicole?” I followed her over and stood slightly behind her.

“I’m not keeping the baby Yesung. I can’t. I don’t know the first thing when it comes to children. I’m only 21 years old! And what’s worse is I’d have to raise it all on my own.”

It had never occurred to me that the baby had to have a father. In fact, I hadn’t even considered the fact that Nicole might be in a relationship right now and just see me as a friend.

“Where’s the dad?” I asked dejectedly.

“Probably off getting another girl pregnant.”

I sighed a secret breath of relief, but then turned Nicole around to face me. “Nicole, I don’t know what’s going to happen in a few months, but right now I can guarantee that I’m here for you.”

“Don’t say that Minho,” she shook her head.

“What?” I looked at her in confusion.

“What about what?” Now she was confused.

“You called me Minho.”

“No I didn’t.”

I looked at her carefully, then decided not to carry on with the topic. Her emotions must’ve been all wack, and Minho being around sure must not have been helping.

“Ah, eat your ice cream! It’s melting!” I laughed when I noticed the chocolate substance dripping down her hand.

“Ugh,” she groaned. “Disgusting.”

“Here,” I took the cone from her and handed her some of the napkins I’d grabbed and put in my pocket.

She wiped her sticky hand the best she could, then threw the messy napkins in the garbage next to the street lamp. I handed her back her ice cream and she began it again to keep it from dripping again.

“Do you- omo yebo, you got some on your nose. You silly babo,” I laughed, taking another napkin out and wiping her nose. The whole time she didn’t move and just stared straight at me. Even when I pulled away she continued to stare.

“What’s wrong?” I asked in concern. “Is it the baby?!”

“…you called me y-yebo.”

“Oh; did I?” I smiled realizing that I had, but not regretting it.

“Only Minho has ever called me yebo…”

“Oh there’s a drip!” I pointed to her cone and she caught the drip, but then looked at me again with that serious look. “Nicole, I’m sorry. If you don’t want me to call you that I won’t.”

We passed another garbage can in which she tossed her half finished ice cream cone.

“Only Minho calls me yebo,” she simply repeated.

We walked casually and our feet somehow brought us back to the dorms, stopping outside the girls’ quarters. Nicole told me it was time for me to go and I figured it’d be for the best.

“Alright, take good care of yourself, arasso?” I smiled and kissed her on the forehead.

“Okay oppa; I will.”

I gave her one last meaningful look before forcing myself to leave her.

*Nicole’s POV*

My eyes followed Yesung as he walked down the sidewalk away from me. Even though his hair was black, I saw brown. He was of medium height, but my eyes saw a very tall man walking away. His name was Yesung, but the only name in my mind was Minho.