Saeng il chukka hamnida!

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Taemin’s POV*

My whole body ached on the way back to the dorm. Today had been a hard day seeing as it was the first time practicing again in what- four days? I was totally unaware of the fact that it was my birthday.

“Saeng il chukka hamnida!”

I opened the door to our dorm and was surprised when my hyungs picked me up from behind and began singing to me.

“What is this?” I asked when they sat me down at the kitchen table in front of this cake (the cake in the picture with "21" candles instead of "18")

“It’s your birthday you babo,” Minho slapped the back of my head softly. “The girls should be here any minute-,”

“Happy birthday Taemin!!!!” Suddenly I was mobbed by a ton of arms hugging me from behind. Streamers were flying everywhere and noise makers were going off all around me. These girls sure did know how to party!

“Ahh, kamsahamnida!” I smiled, totally surprised and touched by the thoughtful act.

“Someone light the candles so he can blow them out!” demanded Brianna excitedly.

“Calm your hormones!” Key laughed, lighting the candles on the cake before me. “Please make a wish before my fiancé explodes all over us.”

“Key!” she slapped his arm playfully and he hip checked her, making both of them smile.

“Aigoo cut it out you love birds so Taemin can make his wish!” Annie rolled her eyes.

What do I wish for? I don’t know… How about that Carolyn will still want to live with me? Or maybe that nothing was happening between her and Yesung today. I know; I’ll just wish for happiness and that we’ll all get along and smile. …and for banana milk.

I blew out the candles and everyone cheered. After the cake was split and we were all sitting around the large table, I began to open presents. Carolyn had been oddly quiet this whole time. It concerned me, but I didn’t say anything so as not to ruin the happy mood that I had wished for.

Annie, Rebecca, Brianna and Nicole all contributed in getting me a new dance outfit and a water bottle with my name on it. I thanked them, giving hugs all around, and moved onto my hyungs presents; most of them being silly things. Jonghyun got me a pack of deodorant saying to use it more. This made me blush so bad. Key got me a bag filled with candy and baked goods because I was “too skinny” and need to be “chubbed up.” Onew got me a gift card to my favorite store while I received a new jacket from Minho.

I got to the end of the presents and was a little surprised that Carolyn had given me nothing. My eyes danced down the table to her, but she just sat there with a smug look on her face.

“Carolyn, what about your present?” Rebecca poked her arm.

“What present?’ she shrugged.

I won’t lie; I was hurt. Everyone else had gone to the trouble to purchase me a gift, but my girlfriend didn’t even bother. I didn’t want to seem greedy and rude, so I didn’t say anything. However, Key had other ideas.

“How can you not get your own boyfriend a present?! Are you trying to make my Taeminnie sad?!”

“Well, maybe I just left it over in our dorm. Taemin, can you come with me?”

“Sure,” I agreed suspiciously and she led me out the door.

“Sorry I didn’t have a gift to give you.” Finally an explanation!

“It’s okay.”

“Here,” she opened the door. “Let’s see if we can find…”

“Carolyn!!!” I shouted when I saw the inside of the girls’ dorm.

“Happy birthday Taemin!” she shouted, throwing her arms around me with a big kiss. I was too busy staring at the wonderful scene before me to respond.

The furniture was moved and in the middle of the living room sat a giant blow up pool, filled with plastic balls. A huge banner hung from the ceiling, joined my streamers and lights. She led me back to the kitchen to see yet another surprise. On the kitchen table were a bunch of little cupcakes arranged in a heart shape. In the middle of the shape was a homemade card. I picked it up and read the simple message inside while Carolyn turned away, her cheeks red.

My dear Taemin, I hope I’m not too late. You see, I’ve been thinking a lot, and I think I’m ready to accept your proposal to move in with you… if you’ll take me. Even if you won’t, I still love you! I hope you have a great birthday! <3

“Carolyn,” I looked at her in joyous surprise. “You really want to?”

“Yes Taemin; if you still want me to.”

“Of course I do!” I wrapped my arms around her waist. “I never want us to be apart again. I love you.”

“I love you too Taemin.” We smiled into our kiss, breaking apart in giggles. I kissed her forehead while she stared up at me with milky brown eyes. She was just so adorable-

“BALL PIT!!!!!”

We turned just in time to see Jonghyun and Minho jumping into the pit, followed by Onew and Key.

“Go ahead,” Carolyn smiled at me. “I know you want to.”

“Thank you yebo!” I shouted as I ran and jumped into pit with my hyungs.

We played around for a while throwing balls at each other. Eventually we pulled in the girls; all except Nicole of course. A thought popped back into my mind and I pulled Carolyn to the side.

“So, when I stopped by today I saw you with Yesung. Are you-,”

“He helped me set all of this up. Don’t worry Tae; you’re the only man in my life,” she reassured me.

“Thank goodness,” I smiled. “Now let’s go have some more fun!”

We were having a blast, pigging out on sweets and throwing colorful plastic balls all around the dorm when suddenly Key’s phone began to ring. Since it was set on Ring Ding Dong, we all began to dance. After a few rings Key finally picked up laughing.

*Brianna's POV*

“Hello?” he smiled into the phone. His face suddenly fell and he began to talk shortly and solemnly. “Yes. Okay. Okay. We’ll be right there.”

He pressed end and lowered the phone down slowly.

“What is it?” I hurried to his side.

“I don’t know… but I think we’re in trouble.”

“You boys are so mischievous. I’m sure it’s nothing-,”

“Not us,” he motioned toward to boys. “Us.” My heart dropped when his fingers pointed to him and me.