Well Thanks For Letting Me Know

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Minho’s POV*

Without the others noticing, I slipped away from the group and rounded the corner onto the street the dark haired couple had taken. My eyes caught sight of them crossing a side street in the direction of the hospital.

There’s nothing here besides the hospital… I followed them and was even more surprised when they crossed the parking lot and entered the tall building. Still making sure to keep out of sight, I hurried inside. I watched the elevator numbers to see they stopped on floor three. For the sake of not getting caught, I took the stairs.

When I got to the top and started down the hallway, I caught sight of the two of them sitting in one of the waiting rooms. I turned my face away so they wouldn’t see me, and nonchalantly rounded the corner into the not-so-busy room. I took a seat across the room from them. They were sitting in a row of chairs placed in the center of the room with another row back-to-back with them. I really wanted to get closer to hear what they were saying, so I took a chance and sat in the seats to their backs. Thankfully there was a stack of newspapers sitting on the chair next to me and I grabbed one so as not to be recognized. Yesung could cover if the media saw him by saying he was helping a friend. I, on the other hand, would not only have to face the media, but Yesung and Nicole as well.

“I don’t know Yesung,” my ears picked up on Nicole’s voice. “I’m still so scared.”

“Don’t worry,” my hyung’s voice soothed. “I’m here for you if you need someone; remember?”

“I know, but what about after-,”

“Nicole Fayner?”

Darn it, stupid nurse! Wae couldn’t you have waited just a little longer?

Nicole went with the nurse, leaving Yesung sitting back to back with me, totally unaware of my presence.

What could be wrong? Maybe it’s intestinal issues. Or maybe it’s a disease! Omo, what if she has cancer?!

It took all my strength not to turn around in my chair and shake the answer out of Yesung. Instead I took a deep breath and tried to relax.

------------------------- 

“There you are!” Yesung’s cheery voice snapped me out of the article I was reading about… myself. “How’d it go?”

“It looks like everything’s going to be okay,” said Nicole as Yesung stood up and slipped on his jacket.

“See, I told you there’s nothing to worry about. Now let’s get you home so you and the baby can rest.”

“Oppaaaa, keep your voice down. I don’t like…” her voice faded out of my ears as they exited the waiting room, leaving me in stunned silence.

Baby? Did he say baby? I have to have heard him wrong. He must’ve said, “Let’s get you home baby so you can rest.” That has to be it.

Just then my eyes caught sight of the books and magazines on the bookshelf across from me. The titles read “Teen Mom Advice”, “Is This Your First? Learn All There Is To Know”, “How To Be A Good Mother”, “Premature Birth”…

No. There’s no way. Nicole can’t be… she just can’t be pregnant.

I decided it was time to go. I couldn’t stand being here surrounded by all the evidence. I wanted to leave it all behind so I could think that maybe I had just read it all wrong and heard wrong. It was just a misunderstanding. Nicole couldn’t be pregnant.