Awkwardness

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

Because I'm bored...

 

*Minho’s POV*

“Well I guess they missed each other,” Dara whispered up to me with a giggle.

“I told you they’re all serious relationships,” I laughed, slipping my hand around her waist, which ended up to be more like her upper back seeing as she only came up to my shoulders.

“I think it’s so cute that Taemin brought his girlfriend ice cream.”

“It’s their couple sundae,” I explained.

“We should get one of those! But I don’t really like ice cream… maybe just a couple dish? Something that we both like…”

“Well we do both like spicy noodles,” I pointed out.

“Perfect!” she smiled. “Spicy noodles it is!”

I laughed and leaned down to kiss her.

“Are we ready to go… now…?”

My heart started to pound. I knew that voice. I felt my palms become sweaty as if I’d just eaten five bowls of Dara’s and my new couple dish.

*Nicole’s POV*

My voice faded as I stepped out of the house. I’d been dreading the moment I’d finally have to see Minho again, but the scene before me made it a thousand times worse. There he was; the beautiful man who’d stolen my heart and broken it; and he was kissing another girl. However, this wasn’t just any girl. It was Dara; my favorite member from just about the only Korean girl group that I liked.

Minho pulled away and looked up at me. Stupid, stupid kid! His face turned white as a ghost, then confused.

*Onew’s POV*

I looked up from Rebecca to see a dark haired, gothic looking girl standing in the doorway.

“Who’s that?” I asked quietly.

“Don’t recognize her, huh?”

“Omo, that’s not…”

“Yup,” Rebecca assured me, “That’s Nicole.”

“Why is she here?! And why does she look like that?!”

“You didn’t know she was coming?”

“No!” I said worriedly. “And worst of all, neither did Minho!”

“Well this could be good! We can help them work things out and get them back together,” Rebecca said excitedly.

“I love that you’re trying to look on the bright side here honey, but that’s not going to work.”

“Why not?”

“Look behind me.”

She peered around my shoulder and her eyes widened. She looked back at me, trying to form words.

“A-are they-,”

“Dating? Yes,” I answered simply.

“Is it-,”

“Dara of 2NE1? You better believe it.”

*Nicole’s POV*

I tore my eyes away from Minho and looked around at all the faces.

“What are you looking at?” I asked in an annoyed voice.

“We didn’t know you were coming,” Onew finally piped up.

“Uh, duh! Why wouldn’t I? I was there that summer too!”

“Who is she?” I heard Dara ask Minho.

“Um,” he stuttered uneasily.

I walked past everyone straight to where Minho and Dara were standing.

“I’m Nicole,” I said straightly. “Minho’s ex-girlfriend.”

“Oh, um hi! I’m-,”

“I know who you are,” I cut Dara off.

We just kind of stared at each other awkwardly. I could tell she was judging me, but she was trying not to show it. She could probably tell that I was doing the same thing.

“Well, I guess it’s time we get some food!” Taemin –who was now back outside with Carolyn- said, breaking the silence.

“Yeah.” “Good idea.” “I’m starving!” “Let’s go!” We all agreed, then stood again in silence.

“…I think we should have chicken!”

--------------------------------

*Brianna’s POV*

“So how has nursing school been?” Key asked, as we opened our menus.

“It’s been great! I only have one more year left to go,” I smiled while my eyes scanned the list of Korean foods. “Oh! They have bibimbab here!”

“You know Korean foods?” he questioned in surprise.

“I know some! Rebecca, her sister, my sister and I went to a Korean restaurant together, and now I go very often. I really enjoy the foods you have here!”

“Good,” Key smiled happily. “You’ll have to get used to it if you’re going to be living here someday.”

I smiled back and took his hand in mine. “So, you still want to go through with this? You haven’t changed your mind?”

“If you’re talking about our marriage, then of course I still want to do it. I want to be with you for the rest of my life.” He squeezed my hand affectionately and we shared cute eye contact before going back to the menus.

*Rebecca’s POV*

“Oh my goodness that’s the cutest thing I’ve ever heard!” I exclaimed when Dara was done her story.

“Yeah, Minho’s quite the romantic,” she laughed, patting her boyfriends arm.

“I knew when I saw those Etude House promos that there had to be something between you guys!”

“Wait, what?” Annie asked, coming back to the table from the restroom. “I didn’t get to hear the story!”

“Well, you know how there were the Etude House promotionals that the boys did with Dara?” Carolyn asked.

“Ne.”

“Well for Minho’s and Dara’s they had to do a fake kiss. But, both of them had been attracted to each other, so then finally Minho gave her a real kiss instead of fake, and that’s how their relationship started! Isn’t that so sweet?!”

“Wanna be sweet?!” Taemin burst out, doing a “thumbs-up” on both hands.

“Oh Taemin,” Carolyn laughed along with the rest of us.

“So, do you know what happened to Nicole?” Minho whispered in my ear. He was sitting on my right and Onew on my left. Nicole sat at the end of the table by herself. I felt kind of bad for her.

“Annio,” I answered quietly. “She just showed up at the airport like that. None of us stayed in contact with her, so we have no idea when it happened… or why.”

Minho looked down the table to the dark, lonely girl. I could see pain in his eyes and it made me uneasy. I hoped with all my heart that this wouldn’t ruin anything between him and Dara. They were so perfect for each other.