A Late Night Visit

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Nicole’s POV*

I stared at my ringing phone and Yesung’s name lit up across the screen. How could I have a conversation with him after talking with Minho so closely just a little while ago? I felt so sick to my stomach that I wondered if answering would send me to the bathroom puking. I took my chances and decided to pick up anyway.

“Hello?”

“Hey um, Nicole, I… how are you?”

“I’m fine.”

“I heard about your fight today.” His voice sounded really uneasy.

“Yeah, I whipped her a-,”

“Language around the baby!” he cut me off.

“Yesung, he’s not even alive yet.”

“Yes he is; he’s living inside you right now!”

“Okay, you’re grossing me out; stop.” I shuddered.

“Sorry. Um… do you think you could let me in?”

“Wha- ahh!” I shrieked at the sound of a knock on one of my windows.

“Yesung?” I hung up my phone and hurried over to the window, opening it just a little. “What are you doing here?”

“Let me in and I’ll tell you.”

“This is a little suspicious,” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“I’ll dance like an idiot while screaming your nickname for me until you let me in!”

“What-,”

“I’m a Tortoise Boy! I’m a Tortoise Boy!” (Le dance. Almost looks like he’s saying the words? http://www.deviantart.com/download/278934489/dancing_yesung_gif_by_noni126-d4m2j89.gif).

“What the heck?!” I put my hand to my mouth trying to hide my laughter. “Yesung stop it!”

“I’m a Tortoise Boy! I’m a Tortoise-”

“Get in here!” I exclaimed, shoving open the window and popping out the screen for him.

“Wanna give me a hand?” he asked, holding his arms open to me through the window.

“Gosh,” I rolled my eyes and took his hands, pulling with all my strength. “Are you putting in any effort?” I grunted.

“What? Oh, you mean I’m supposed to?”

“Jerk.”

He laughed, boosting himself up with his feet and sending himself flying in through the window.

“Ah!” I shriek-laughed as he we toppled onto the bedroom floor together. “Get off me Tortoise Boy!”

“Omo the baby!” he exclaimed in panic. He was off my body so quickly that it was as if he was never there.

“Is he okay?! Omo, I won’t be able to handle myself if I hurt him! Aigoo!” He leaned down and started kissing and rubbing my stomach while talking to the baby, “Are you alright in there little buddy? I didn’t mean it, I swear! Please be okay!”

“Yesung, I’m sure he’s fine. If he made it through the fight between Annie and me then I’m sure he can survive a little hug from you!” I laughed.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to take you to the hospital?”

“I’m sure,” I rolled my eyes but still couldn’t hide my smile.

“I know! We’ll Google it!” He jumped up and sat on my bed, resting my laptop in his lap as he began typing.

“Aigoo, who even says that anymore,” I cringed, getting up to sit next to him, then read off what he had typed. “What happens when a tortoise boy gives a pregnant lady’s baby too tight of a hug? Yesung, what the heck?!”

“Look! It says the…”

“The Grapes of Wrath? Why is that even an option for a search like this?! Here, give it to me.” I took the laptop from him and put in a plausible search. “Look, here’s something about sleeping on your stomach. It says it’s not recommended, but it’s not going to squish your baby into a pancake or anything.”

“So Baby’s okay then?!” Yesung brightened up excitedly.

“Yes Yesung; Baby is okay,” I laughed.

“Thank goodness!” he slipped his arms around me in a hug.

Our hug lingered for longer than a normal celebratory hug. I loved feeling the warmth and comfort of Yesung so close to me, but it only made me even more confused. Who was the right choice? Do I give the man who hurt me once but gave me true happiness a second chance? Or do I give a new man a chance, and at worst make a new mistake? All this thinking was making my head hurt, so I just closed my eyes and held onto Yesung.

“So, why did you come here anyway?” I asked, finally pulling away.

“Oh, I um… I needed to confirm something with you,” he looked down at his lap.

“What is it?” I put my laptop on an empty spot on my bed and turned to face him sitting crossed legged.

“Well, at the hospital I kinda saw you and Minho in the room together. You were… kissing.”

“Yesung,” I put my hand on top of his. “He kissed me. I didn’t start it and I most definitely didn’t kiss him back.”

“Really?” his face seemed to shine again.

“He did ask me to be his girlfriend again though.”

“Oh…” *dark again*

“I told him I couldn’t accept. He’s going to have to work for me.”

A smile made its way across his face and he glanced up at me. “He’s going to have to do more than work. He’s going to have to fight for you.”

“Just don’t do anything foolish Yesung,” I put a hand to his face. “I don’t want you getting hurt… either of you.”

“Civilized fighting?”

“Sounds like a plan,” I laughed.

“Now how about I make you some traditional Korean food?”

“Yes!” I exclaimed happily. “I’m starving!”

“I figured you’d say that,” he laughed, wrapping an arm around my shoulders as we got up and headed off toward the kitchen.