I Know

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Minho’s POV*

Because of the sudden change of plans Onew, Taemin, Jonghyun and I got the day off while the manager and the boss devoted all their attention to the “Kpop Couple of the Year”. Dara got home late last night so she was spending the day resting and unpacking. Onew took Rebecca to the B1A4 fansigning as a surprise; Taemin and Carolyn were shopping together, while Jonghyun was out in the country with Annie to relieve her of the city stress.

I wasn’t sure where Nicole was going, but I knew she wasn’t sticking around in her room today. Her pregnancy was still the biggest thought in my mind. I needed to talk to her, and I needed to do it today. Was it creepy that I waited by the door for her to walk by the dorm? Yes, probably. But I had to do this.

“Nicole,” I called as I headed down the path to the sidewalk where she stood.

“Minho?” I looked genuinely surprised to see me. “What do you want?”

“Um, I need help with something. Can you come in for a second?”

“I’m busy.” She started to walk on, but I grabbed her arm gently.

“Please?” I wasn’t surprised when it worked and she agreed to come help me. Begging was embarrassing, but whenever I did it Nicole just couldn’t resist.

“What do you need me to do?” She put her hands on her hips and stood in the middle of the living room.

“I need you to help me rearrange the furniture.”

“What do I look like, your maid?! Do it yourself!” She stomped toward the door but I put my hand across the exit to stop her.

“I neeeed your help.” It was an evil thing to do and I knew it. A pregnant woman should not be doing heavy labor, but I needed an excuse to bring up the topic.

“Fine,” she glared at me.

“Great! First we have to move the couch against that wall to get it out of the way.”

We took our positions by the couch and began to push. I barely put any effort in, letting Nicole do most of the work.

“Gosh,” she panted. “This is heavy.”

Next we moved the big chair, and the coffee table. We were just being to move the couch again when Nicole collapsed onto the ground.

“Nicole!” I ran to her side in concern. I didn’t know what I had expected to happen, but it certainly wasn’t this.

“I can’t do any more,” she panted with her eyes closed.

“Nicole I’m sorry.” I started to slip my arms around her but she hit me away.

“Don’t!”

“Nicole,” I put a hand to her face and she opened her eyes in surprise. “I know.”

“You know what?” She looked so scared and helpless lying there.

“I know you’re pregnant.”

“NO!” she screamed. “No you don’t! You can’t! No! Please no!” Tears poured out of her eyes as she continued to scream, flailing in denial.

“Nicole! Nicole!” I fought against her, finally getting my arms around her and pulling her into my lap.

“No. You can’t. You just don’t. Please,” she sobbed into my arms. I rocked her back and forth and her cries lessened until they were no more than whispers. “You can’t know…”

“Shhh, it’s okay Nicole,” I held her close, leaning my head against hers and running my fingers through her hair. I could feel her baby bump against my stomach. My hand wandered down to it and rubbed over it softly. “I’ve got you. It’s okay now.”

“It wasn’t supposed to happen like this. It was an accident. We ran out and he said it was okay; it was only one time. He lied to me. It wasn’t okay. Now I’m alone with this child inside me. I don’t… I can’t…” She gave up trying to speak and resorted to holding onto me tightly, taking in the sound of my comforting whispers.

We sat there for I don’t know how long; the sounds of her crying and my whispering being the only noise in the empty dorm. Her exhausted body eventually fell into a deep sleep and I laid her down on the couch. She looked so fragile with tears stains and makeup streaks down her cheeks. I leaned down and kissed her forehead before heading to the kitchen to make her some soup for when she woke up.

------------------ 

*Nicole’s POV*

“M- Minho?” I furrowed my brows when my eyelids fluttered open, revealing the dark haired rapper standing over me.

“Here, have some soup.” He reached down to help me sit up, but I stopped him.

“Nicole.”

I looked up in response.

 “I know; remember?”

“Oh Minho, no,” I whispered.

“It’s okay,” he smiled, helping me into a sitting position. “I’m going to take care of you now.”

“I don’t need to be taken care of,” I said coldly, taking the bowl of soup in my hands. Please, I need someone I can depend on. I don’t want to go through this alone.

“Yes you do, and I’m going to do it.”

“Y- Yesung is already taking care of me though,” I protested.

“Then it looks like you’ll be doubly looked after,” he smiled, tucking my hair behind my ear.

“Minho, I don’t know if this is a good idea. You have Dara.”

“I never said you were my girlfriend or anything!”

“I didn’t say you said that!”

“Just… leave Dara out of this!” He stood up and stomped out of the room.

I sighed and took a spoonful of the soup. It was some Korean stuff, but it was actually pretty good. However, I was surprised when Minho came stomping back in no more than a minute later and took the soup from me, setting it down on the coffee table.

“Minho what-,”

“I’m sorry!” He sat down on the couch and cupped my face in his hands. “It didn’t mean to yell at you. I can’t yell at you. I need you to know that I still… I-,”

“Don’t!” I pushed him away from me. “Don’t you dare finish that sentence Choi Minho! You are not going to break another girl’s heart on my behalf!”

“But Nicole…”

I got up from the couch and headed straight for the door, slamming it as I went out.

I love you too Minho. You have no idea how much. I. Love. You.