Resolution

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Minho’s POV*

I stayed with Nicole until she was released. I’d never been happier to wait around in a hospital for three hours. Nicole was really opening up to me again. It was as if we were unofficially a couple once more.

When we got home the sun was low in the sky. Nicole was still very tired from her long day, so I helped her straight to bed. Once she was all tucked in I joined the others in the living room.

“How is she?” Onew asked as I took a seat next to him on the couch.

“She’s fine; just tired,” I reassured them.

“It looked like it hurt so much…” I turned to see Brianna whose eyes were as big as saucers. Key gave her a look of sorrow and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

“It hurt.” We turned suddenly to see Nicole standing in the doorway. “But once it happens –once that baby is alive starting its own life- you forget about the pain. I can guarantee you that when you reach that point in life, you’ll regret nothing.”

“Nicole,” I walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. “You should rest.”

“No,” she shook her head. “I’ve been alone for too many years. I want… I want to hang out with you guys… as friends.”

I gave her a surprised look which probably matched those of the rest of the group.

“What’s the face for?” she laughed. Yes; laughed.

“Are you sure you’re feeling okay?” Taemin questioned.

“Yes,” Nicole sighed. “This whole experience has really opened my eyes. I don’t want to keep pushing people away.” Her eyes danced over to Yesung and I felt my heart drop.

“Yesung,” she padded over to him, “You’re a really great guy and you’ve been so good to me, even when I didn’t deserve it; at all. I reallyyyy don’t want to hurt you, but-,”

“You still love Minho,” he stopped her. “I can see it. I could never replace what you two have together. I’m just happy that you’re happy.”

It was evident that he was going through pain on the inside. Wow, he must’ve really cared for her.

“I, um, I should go now.” He got up form his seat and headed toward the door.

“Yesung,” I stopped him. “…thank you.”

“Your welcome,” he smiled softly then was gone.

“The poor guy. I feel so bad for him, but at the same time I’m so happy to have you,” I walked over to Nicole and gave her a hug from behind.

“I love you, Choi Minho,” she turned around and smiled.

“And I love you, Nicole Fayner.” Our lips came together softly. The lips I’d craved for so long. The lips that had been driving me crazy for the past month. The lips that belonged on mine.

“This is too good. I need popcorn!” Carolyn exclaimed, clapping her hands in excitement. The other began talking, laughing and cracking jokes along with the curly haired girl, causing us so pull away from each other in smiles.

“Aigoo, it’s so nice to have us all back together again,” Jonghyun sighed in prolonged relief as he slipped an arm around Annie.

“You’re telling me,” Key grinned. “Now I can get all the attention I deserve as the couple of the year!”

“You?” Brianna raised an eyebrow.

“I mean we,” his smile turned into a cheesy one.

When Brianna gave him a skeptical look he just pushed her head back down onto his shoulder where it had been resting.

“So let’s do something!” Nicole prodded, plopping down on the couch and pulling me down with her. “Someone tell a story.” She threw her legs over the armrest and lay down with her head in my lap.

“Taemin’s good at stories!” Carolyn piped up, poking him in the arm. “Tell one!”

“Yahh, the things you demand of me!” He wrinkled his nose at her, put she only replied by poking it. “Fine; have I ever told you the story of ‘The Banana Milk and The Seagull’?”

“Ughhh.” “Don’t even.” “Too many times!” My hyungs and I groaned in unison.

“I haven’t heard it,” Brianna sat on the edge of her seat. “Tell, tell, tell!”

“Yes, I want to hear this,” Rebecca smiled.

Nicole leaned in attentively as well, and I smiled at her brightly lit face. Our maknae began his old tale, but I didn’t pay him any mind. I was too distracted by the new Nicole sitting beside me. The warmth among us seemed to make the room glow with happiness.

Thank you for coming back to me Nicole. Thank you for forgiving me. Thank you for finally seeing the light inside yourself. And most of all, thank you for never giving up.