Mistakes

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Rebecca’s POV*

I had walked the streets of Seoul for about two hours before returning to the dorms. It was night now and the boys’ dorm was illuminated with lights so I figured that’s where everyone was. When I entered the dorm I was mobbed by a crazy little red headed Asian boy.

“You’re safe!” he exclaimed, holding fast around my waist.

“I thought something had happened to you,” Onew jogged over to me and Taemin immediately removed himself so Onew could embrace me.

“I’m fine. I’m just worried about things here, but I have a plan! Look!” I pulled away and showed Onew the book in my hand. “The guy at the store said it was about group therapy.”

“Sweetheart,” Onew took the book and flipped through it. “This is about the post Korean War.”

“But…”

“Yebo it’s okay. We worked everything out. We decided that arguing won’t solve anything and we’re all just going to leave Nicole alone while she’s like this. She’s over in her room right now.”

“But we have to include her!”

“Annio, for now I think this is the best choice,” he put a hand on my shoulder.

“Onew is right,” Key spoke up. “There will be less arguing this way.”

“But… maybe we can at least try my book?” I tried with aegyo.

“Korean War,” Onew reminded me, and I tossed the book onto one of the chairs.

“Don’t worry about it honey. I think it’s cute that you tried,” he smiled and kissed me. “How about we all play some board games and eat popcorn!”

“Yes!!!” Taemin and Carolyn exclaimed.

“As long as it has Parmesan cheese,” Annie smiled at me.

“What?” Jonghyun crinkled his nose at her.

“Rebecca had me try it at her house once and it’s soooo good! I can’t eat popcorn without it now!”

“Americans,” Minho rolled his eyes.

“Heyyy,” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Just kidding,” he smirked.

We had just finished making the popcorn and getting the board game set up when Minho said, “Oh, I uh, I think I left something next door. I’ll be right back.”

“Careful of the ferocious beast!” Key warned.

Minho rolled his eyes and headed out the door.

*Minho’s POV*

“Hey,” I pushed open the door to Nicole’s room and leaned on the frame.

“What?” she glanced up at me coldly.

“I just wanted to make sure you’re okay. You went through a lot today and the baby-,”

“He’s fine.”

“He?” I smiled and walked over to her.

“Yes; he. I swear if he looks like his father…”

“Who really is his father?”

“His name was Dylan,” she sighed in annoyance. “We hooked up a lot, so honestly it should’ve have come as much of a surprise to me as it did. I just never thought I would end up having an “accidental baby,” you know?”

“No one is an accident.” I sat down on the edge of the bed.

“That’s not true. I was an accident. My parents wouldn’t have even gotten married if it wasn’t for my dad knocking up my mother at some after party. They stayed together “for my sake” but they’ve really only ruined my life, just like I ruined theirs.”

“That’s not true,” I put a hand on her knee. “They love you. They must, or else they wouldn’t have stayed together for you. It may not come across that way, but I promise you they care.”

“Don’t lie to me… again,” she mumbled the last part.

“Nicole, the past is the past. What’s done is done and there’s no way to undo or erase it. We just have to push on from here and not look back.”

“Well you can see where that got me,” she shook her head. “Here I am with the same accident that my mother went through with me.”

“But things are different now. It’s up to you to either make the same mistakes your mother did, or try your own thing.”

“I am trying my own thing, and I know it’s for the better.”

“What is it?” I smiled.

“I’m giving up the baby.”

“But Nicole…” My face went pale. “Don’t you think-,”

“You just said it’s my turn to choose my own path and make my own mistakes. If it’s a mistake then at least it’s mine.”

“I just wish you’d reconsider,” I sighed, getting up from the bed.

“And do what after that Minho?” she looked at me desperately. “I can’t raise a child on my own.”

I leaned down close to her face so I could stare into her big, brown eyes. “You wouldn’t be alone.”

“Again,” she whispered as her gaze searched all over my face. “That’s my mistake to make.”

“Then don’t make it,” I whispered back, leaning in and closing my eyes.

“Minho.” I suddenly felt, not a pair of lips, but a finger pressed to my mouth. “I think you’d better go now.”

I stood up straight and headed toward the door. “Remember, the choice is yours, but make sure you’re not acting in defiance. Make sure it’s what you really want.” I closed the door behind me, leaving my words hanging in the air of her stuffy, dark room.