Dino Doesn't Know Best

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Jonghyun’s POV*

*FLASHBACK TO BACK AT THE WATERPARK*

I sighed and dialed Annie’s number again. She had sent me to voice mail three times already and ignored all my texts. However, I wasn’t going to give up that easily. Finally she accepted my call.

“Omo what do you want Jonghyun?!” her voice shouted over the line.

“I-I just wanted to say that… I miss you and… I want to make things right. I’m sorry for being so clingy,” I said nervously.

“And you think calling me an obsessive amount of times is going to help the situation?! Aigoo Jonghyun you are such a babo!”

“At least I’m trying to fix our relationship!” I fired back angrily.

“What relationship?” And the line went dead.

 

I couldn’t take being around Annie anymore, so I left the group in the girl’s living room and headed back to our dorm to practice my guitar.

“Nothing better… nothing better, than you,” I sang along softly with the guitar, remembering the first time I sang that song to Annie, so long ago.

My ears picked up on a sound from somewhere in the dorm. I set down my guitar and went to investigate.

I left my room and quietly made my way down the hall. The sound of shuffling could be heard again, and this time it was coming from Key’s room. I crept toward the room as stealthily as possible, taking note of the door which was half open. The light was on in Key’s closet and I heard the sound of hangers being scraped across the metal racks.

Is someone trying to steal Key’s clothes? Or maybe it’s just Key getting something. Of course it is, duh!

I laughed at myself and proceeded toward the closet.

“Key- oof!” Just as I rounded the corner into the diva’s walk in closet, I felt someone’s body crash into mine, sending us both sprawling backwards on the ground.

“Owww,” she sound of a female’s voice came from the closet. I got up and peaked inside to see Brianna sitting among Key’s clothes, rubbing the back of her head which had evidently hit the wall.

“Omo, are you okay?!” I asked, hurrying to her side.

“I think so,” she said and attempted to stand up. “Woah…” She started to tumble forward but I caught her in my arms.

“Let’s sit you down,” I said, helping her over to Key’s bed.

“Kamsahamnida,” she said as she took a seat on her boyfriend’s bed, which I knew was not unfamiliar to her.

“So what were you doing in Key’s closet?” I asked, sitting down next to her on the bed.

“Key was cold and wanted a jacket. I finally convinced him to let me get it since I’ve seen the movie we’re watching already and he hasn’t. I swear it’s like his new favorite; but then again, isn’t every movie?” she laughed, but winced at the pain in her head.

“Here, let me take a look,” I said, scooting closer to her.

“You really don’t need to,” she retorted, but didn’t physically stop me from turning her and parting her hair.

“Aigoo, you’ve got a nasty bump back here. Let me go get you some ice.”

“It’s okay Jjong-,”

“Annio; you wait here. I’ll be right back.”

I hurried off to the kitchen to get her an ice pack and a washcloth to wrap in it. When I got back Brianna was lying down on her side with her eyes closed. Her body was curled up in a ball and she looked kind of cold which made me question putting the ice pack to her head. I did so anyway, wrapping one of Key’s heated blankets around her to balance out the temperature.

“You poor thing,” I sighed, placed the ice pack at the back of her head. “I always seem to ruin everything.”

Not knowing when she would wake up, and not wanting to leave her alone in case she did, I lay down next to her on the bed and began to mull over the situation between Annie and I.

We were in a relationship, right? Well we were in a relationship is what I should be asking. She acts as if nothing ever happened between us; or if anything did it was just simple little stuff. I took her on a frickin boat for a last date! Omo… maybe my puking was what turned her off… for good. Aigoo; what have I done! But, she stayed with me. If it was gross to her, wouldn’t she have turned away? I really need to make things better with her, but how can I when she just says ‘I want my space’? Maybe the best thing to do is just wait it out until she realizes-

“What the heck are you doing on my bed with my fiancé?!”

I was startled out of my thoughts at the sound of Key’s voice shouting from the doorway. Lifting my body, I saw him standing –now at the end of the bed- fuming.

“Key it’s not what it looks like!” I exclaimed, jumping off the bed.

“It better not be,” he glared at me.

“We ran into each other and she fell back and hit her head. She was really dizzy so I helped her to your bed. There’s a big bump on her head where she hit the wall, so I got her an ice pack and when I came back she was asleep-,”

“You let her fall asleep?!” his eyes widened in anger and shock.

“Why wouldn’t I?” I asked in total confusion.

“Don’t you know anything about head injuries? She probably has a concussion! You never let someone fall asleep when they get a concussion or they may never wakeup!” He ran over to Brianna and began shaking her. “Brianna! Brianna, please wake up!”

“Ughh, oppa?” she rolled onto her back, but cringed when the ice pack pressed against her bruise. “Ow!”

“Omo my sweetheart!” he threw his arms around her and kissed all over her face. “I’m going to get you to a doctor right away, ne?”

“Um, okay. I’ll just go back to s-,”

“Annio!” he said sternly. “You stay awake and you talk to me the whole time!”

Key picked Brianna up, still wrapped in his blanket, and carried her out of the room. I watched him hail a taxi from the window and my eyes followed the vehicle as it drove off down the rode.

“Nice going Jjong,” I scolded myself. “You really can’t do anything right.”