Well This Was Bound To Happen

A Fangirl's Dream 2: See You In Seoul

*Nicole’s POV*

My eyes fluttered open to see a white ceiling above me. The fleeting thought passed my mind that maybe it was Heaven. I then laughed at myself and tried to sit up.

“Careful!” Suddenly someone’s arms were around me, helping my body into the sitting position I wanted.

My eyes were closed in fatigue, but I could still smell, and my nostrils picked up on a new scent. It was a familiar one, so much more pleasing than the one I’d smelled before passing out.

“Minho,” I relaxed into his arms.

“Just relax.” He tucked some of my hair behind my ear. “You’re safe now.”

“Unless you’re the one that tried to me.”

I’m the one that saved you!”

I opened my eyes and spoke doubtedly, “My knight in shining armor.”

“I’m serious!”

“How’d you do it then?”

“When you stomped off I was about to go after you when the man behind the ice cream counter handed me our sundae.”

Our sundae?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Well, I kinda ordered it for both of us…” He glanced up at me awkwardly. “What! All the other couples were sharing sundaes!”

“Anywayyyyy,” I prodded at him to continue.

“Anyway, I got our sundae and went to the table, but they told me you had run behind the building. The said you probably just needed time, but I felt bad for what I said and I went to go check on you. Next thing I knew I was smashing our sundae in some old smelly guy’s face and kneeling beside your unconscious body.”

I stared at my hands which were twiddling around nervously. Minho placed a hand on them and I looked into his eyes.

“I could’ve taken care of myself,” I tried.

“Nicole, you need someone.” He got up and leaned over me. “You need me.”

“Yeah, so does your girlfriend,” I rolled my eyes and tried to push him away, but he only leaned down closer.

“That’s something else you missed. I broke up with Dara.”

“YOU WHAT?!” I sat up in exasperation. “How long was I asleep for?!”

“It’s almost 1:00 am, so about six hours. But Nicole, I can’t be with her when I still have feelings for you!”

“Don’t say that!” I screamed. “I told you not to break her heart on my doing. Why can’t you just listen; babo!” I began hitting at him furiously. “You heartbreaker! You lying jerk! I told you not to hurt her! I’m NOT yours anymore! I’m-,”

His hands were on either side of my face and his lips against my own. I struggled to push him off me, but I was too weak.

“Minho!” I gasped once he finally let go. “What are you doing?!”

“I just said I broke up with Dara for you! I still love you Nicole. Please, take me back.”

I looked at him skeptically, “Why should I? Why should I even trust you for that matter?”

“Because,” he looked at me with pleading eyes. “I love you.”

I stared at him for a minute before saying, “Not good enough.”

“But Nicole-,”

“I’m not an easy girl Minho. I never give second chances. If you want this bad enough, then you’re going to have to work for it.”

“I won’t give up.”

“Good,” I smirked. “Because you have competition.”

“You like Yesung?” he asked dejectedly.

“I think he’s cute. He treats me well too.”

“Well you tell Yesung that he’s got another thing coming for him,” he squeezed my hand. “Because I’m not losing you again.”

*Yesung’s POV*

I stood watching from the doorway for no more than three seconds. I’d rounded the corner to see them that way; Minho’s lips smothering Nicole’s. My mind knew what I saw, but I wanted to make sure it was real. I stared for a second longer and they didn’t break apart. The confirmation only caused a piercing pain in my heart. Forcing my body, I turned around from the doorway. My feet dragged as I slowly headed back down the hallway.

“Those are beautiful,” a nurse smiled at me, gesturing toward the bouquet of red roses in my hands. “Are they for a girlfriend?”

“Here,” I pulled one rose out for myself, then handed the rest to the lady. “I guess they’re for you now.”

“Oh, but-,”

“It’s fine,” I forced a smile. “Just promise me you’ll love them.”

“Of course, they’re gorgeous!”

I gave a small wave then continued on. My eyes scanned over the lone rose in my hand. It belonged in Nicole’s hair. A smile flickered across my face at the memory of our first date. The day she told me her biggest secret; the day she finally opened up to someone. She opened up to me.

I now felt stupid for keeping this one rose. It had no purpose with me. As I walked out of the hospital, I placed the rose on one of the windowsills.

It’s no use to me anymore, but maybe it can make someone else smile.