5

MY FIRST & LAST LOVE SEASON FINALE (SURONG)

SUHO

I and my dad are now standing in front of my mom picture with a tiramisu cake on my hand. She love tiramisu cake so much so every birthday, we will buy her the tiramisu cake.

“Happy birthday, honey.” Dad said. I look at him and I saw sadness in his face. He must miss mom so much.

I look at mom picture and smile “Happy birthday, mom.”

We sing her a birthday song and blow the candle for her. Dad gives me the cake and said to cut it and start eating it with Mr. And Mrs. Shin.

I take the cake and walk out for his room. I know he wants to talk to mom. He always does that.

I walk out from the room and to the kitchen saw Mr. And Mrs. Sin was waiting and preparing dinner for us.

After dinner, I ask permission to walk up to my room first and dad just nodded his head.

Once I walk in my room, lock the door, I flop on the bed. Stretching my body, I sit down and lean against the head board.

I take my mother’s picture from my side table and caress it with my thumb.

Do I miss her? Yes. In fact, a lot. Not even a day I didn’t miss her.

I’ll miss her the most when I needed someone to talk about my problem.

“Hey mom. How are you doing up there in heaven? I miss you so much. Dad does too. He misses you every single day.” I pause.

Then I said “Mom, do you know there is a new employee in the office. Well more to my department. There are 5 of them. All of them are interns. They are really good in their works especially this one girl. Her name is Chorong. Park Chorong. She’s so beautiful. She had me in awe in first look. She is so beautiful, nice, sweet and fragile. As if I want to take her in my arm and protect her.” I sigh. Then remember her smile and her eyes make me smile.

“Every time I’m near her, I feel happy and my heart skips a beat. I don’t know what kind of feelings is this. Is it a good thing or bad thing, mom? I really hope your here today to tell me about what I feel and explain to me.”

I look at the clock on the wall that was hanging in front of me, and say that it’s already 11.48 in the night. I yawn and look back at my mom’s picture.

“It’s getting late now mom and I need to sleep. I know you won’t like if I sleep late and wake up early. So I’m going to sleep now.”

Kissing the picture, I place it back on the bed side table and lie down. Looking at mom’s picture for the last time and wish her good night and I love you, I switch of the lamp and fall asleep exited for tomorrow.

 

CHORONG

After dinner, I lie down on my bed and I try to sleep but fail. I keep on switching my position but still fail to sleep.

Then whatever happens this even cross in my mind.

His beautiful dark brown eyes the way his so near me as if we were gonna kiss make my heart beat fast.

Why was he standing so near to me? Why did he was the one bought me the coffee not Solar? Why do I have this kind of feeling when I remember his eyes?

I sit down on my bed Indian style and shook my head.

No...No...No Chorong. What are you thinking? Didn’t you forget what happen to you last year? What did they do to you? Forget about it. All men are same. Anyway he is your manager. You can’t have any feeling at him.

I lie back down and close my eyes and try to sleep. I didn’t know when I fall asleep. The next thing I know I was dreaming about a prince charming came and save me. My prince charming.

I wake up hearing a noisy beep on my phone. I take my phone and switch my alarm off. I stretch my body still lying on the bed. I open my eyes and stand up. Taking my towel and walk straight to the bathroom.

Once I’m done showering and drying myself, I walk to my closet and choose the most comfortable attire. Since today will be the day Suho and Changsub will bring us to the site to look at the progress, so I take the most suitable attire.

I take out my favourite black slim fit dress pants and a long sleeve blue and white straps blouse. Once I’m done, I made my hair into a side french braid. I smile at my look and was really satisfied.

Since Suho, himself said that we don’t need to dress formally make it way batter. I walk to my shoes rack and take my simple black ballerina flats with ribbon at the front.

I walk out like always, I help mom preparing breakfast.

After having our breakfast, like usual, Chanyeol will drop me off before we drive to his collage.

I walk into the building and greet the guard and the receptionist like always and walk in the lift.

The door was about to close when suddenly a hand block it from closing. The door open again and it was none other than my manager.

What a way to start a day.

Why even you bother, Chorong? Nothing happen between you guys. Just act normal.

I bow a little to him and greet him good morning. He nodded his head and said the same.

I keep my head down and look at my shoes. It never interests me before but today, the shoe was so interesting to watch.

It’s so damn awkward in here. When will the lift open?

 

SUHO

Being in the lift only with her was the best thing happen to me today but in the same time awkward.

She keep on looking at her shoes and biting her lips. That lips. I just wish I can bite it.

Damn Suho. What the hell are you thinking? You never have this kind of thought to any girl.

I quickly imagine I slap myself.

Once door open, she walks out first and I follow. I put my briefcase on my chair, take out my blazer and quickly walk to the pantry to make myself a coffee and to calm myself down.

While waiting for the coffee, I remember what I thought in the lips. I rub my face with both off my hand and sigh. How can I have that kind of thought?

“What happen to you? It’s everything fine?”

I jolt in shock and look at the owner of the voice and it was none other than my best friend, Lee Changsub.

“Yeah, everything is fine.” I said and just in time the coffee was done.

I pour the coffee in my cup, put two table spoon of sugar and mix it.

“Yeah right. Suho I know you like years. I know something is not right but I’ll ignore it. Tell me once you’re ready.” He said and walks out from the pantry with two mug of coffee.

Wait, two. Why two?

“Why are you bringing two mug of coffee? I have made mine. Then who want is the other one?”

“Uhm...It’s for me. I want two coffees.” He said.

Did he just shutter? He never shutters. He is obviously lying.

“Come on. Tell me. Whose one is it? Don’t lie to me, Changusb.”

He sighs and said “You know me so well. Well it’s for Irene.”

I raise my eye brown in shock and chuckle. “Look who’s the one is doomed.” I said and tap on his shoulder and walk back to the office.

I look at the time at my computer and it’s already 10.15 in the morning. I have to meet dad at 10.30 to discuss about the hotel that we will build in Shanghai and Jeju.

I take the paperwork that I need to show to my dad and walk to my dad office.

Once the lift door opens, I walk out and ask Jae Jin if dad’s here. He nodded ad told me to go inside since his waiting for me.

I thank him and knock the door. Hearing him saying come in, I open the door and walk in.

Dad told me to sit and I take a sit in front of him. I give him both of the paperwork and he take it and start go through it.

Once his done reading it, he look at me with smile and said “I have to say it’s a very good. It’s done really well. Who did this?”

“The Jeju one was Jinyoung and the Shanghai one was Chorong.”

“Wow. It’s the interns. I didn’t know that. It looks like someone really experience did it.”

“I know right. They are really good in their works.”

“The Shanghai one is really good. Chorong do really know about this company and what her job is.”

I just smile and nodded. But I realize something. Every time dad talk about the interns especially Chorong, her face will light up. I don’t know why, but I sense something.

I ignore it and ask “So should we proceed with this.”

“Sure. Why not?”

“Okay then. You just fix the date.” I said.

Dad shook his head no and said “You do it, son. You fix the date and handle the meeting. It’s time for you to do it. One day you will be the one who will be in my position. So I want you to start to do this and learn. Don’t worry, I will tell Jae Jin to help.”

I look at him in shock and said “But dad. Why so sudden?”

“Suho, I’m getting old and I want you to take over my place. I want you to take my position since you came back from London but you told me that you want to work and have some experience first and I let you. It’s been a year now. How long do you want me to hold this position for you? I’m not getting any younger now.”

“But dad, I really love my job. I don’t know if I can handle your position. It’s still new for me and I’m not even married yet. I remember granddad said that you need to married first to be on the CEO position.”

“It doesn’t matter. It's my company. As long as you are ready. Please Suho.”

“Give me time dad. Maybe another two or three years.”

He sighs and said “Fine. But I hope sooner. But the meeting, I still want you to handle it.”

I nodded my head and just agree with it. Then I said my bye and walk back to my floor.

When the door open, I was about to walk out from the lift, but stop when I saw Chorong standing waiting for the lift.

I walk out and ask “Where are you going?”

She looks at me and said “It’s good I meet you here. I’m going to meet my brother. He is waiting for me downstairs. I forget to bring my phone so I ask him to help me bring it for me. Can I go?”

I smile and nodded my head. “Sure why not.”

“Thank you.” She said and bow. She press back the lift button and once it ding and open, she walk in.

I walk back inside the office and place back the paperwork on the table, sit on my chair and lean back closing my eyes.

Then my mind remembers about what dad said. He wants me to take his position and I’m not even married yet. I know he don’t mind about me getting married. But I’m just not ready yet.

Then I heard a knock. I open my eyes and it was Changusb.

“What happen? Is everything okay? You look stress.”

I sigh and said “I’ll tell you later.”

“Up to you. Did Mr. Kim agree with the paperwork?”

I nodded my head and said “He did and he wants us to proceed it. But I need to handle the meeting.”

He just nodded his head and didn’t argue. I know he wanted to ask why but he just let it be since there is someone else in the office.

No one knows that the Mr. Kim Jeong Hun is my dad excepts Changsub. I didn’t want anyone to know about it. I know if they know, they will not talk to me like they will like now and will do anything to please me. They won’t talk informally to me and there will be a wall between us.

Then Changsub walk back to his place and I turn to look outside the window since my place was place near the window.

I stand up and look out the window with both of my hand in my front pocket.

Then my eyes catch something. I look at it and it was Chorong talking to a guy. Maybe that is his brother. But then I saw something that boggle in my mind. Chorong was as if running away from him and trying to pull her hand away from him but he just doesn’t want to let her hand go.

I don’t know why, but I felt jealous. Jealous of that guy holding Chorong hand. I quickly turn around don’t want to look any longer and take a sit back and continue to do my work.

A few minutes later, Chorong walk in and went straight to the pantry. But I realize something. Her eyes were read as if she just cries.

Then I heard like a pen fall makes me look at it. It was Solar throwing pen to Hoya and Jinyoung. The look as ask 'what'.

“Did you see Chorong just now?” Solar said in her whisper tone but I still can hear it.

They shook their head. “Why? What happen?” Jinyoung ask.

“I think she was crying. Her eyes were read.” Irene said and Solar nodded agreeing.

“Really? Where is she?” Hoya said.

Solar point at the pantry and all of them stand up and walk to the pantry. I really want to follow and hear what happen but I control myself and just continue doing my work.