37

MY FIRST & LAST LOVE SEASON FINALE (SURONG)

MR. KIM

It’s been a week since Chorong’s last day and since then Suho act differently. He looks sad and as if he misses someone. My old son when his mother died came back and I don’t like it.

I know he miss Chorong so much. Everytime I talk to my friends or Chorong’s dad. His eyes will sparkle as if there is hope but when I continue talking about work or other things, she will look sad again and just leave.

So today, I plan everything. Today when Suho come back home, I’m going to make him happy. I’m going to tell him that I choose a girl for him to marry.

And when he sees the girl picture, I know he will be over the moon.

 

SUHO

Like always, once I arrive some, I’ll say hi to dad and walk upstairs. It’s been a routine. I’ve barely had dinner and talk to dad. Call me a bad son, I don’t care. I just miss my girl so much.

After the scene, I try to call her or even text her, but she just doesn’t pick up the phone or even reply my text.

When the other or even Changsub massage in the group, she will be there and reply as if nothing happen. But when it’s me, she won’t even reply. This goes to group chat or private.

I call Chanyeol and ask if she’s fine. Chanyeol will just say she’s fine. I even ask him if she’s busy but Chanyeol will say she’s not. Chanyeol even told me that after the scene, Chorong been crying and like to be alone.

I was sitting on the bed with my laptop on my lap, typing some document, when I heard a soft knock on the door.

I know its must be dad since only he and mom knock like that. I told him to come in.

Once he walks in and closes the door, he walks to my bed and sit beside me asking what I’m doing. Showing him the file and telling him about the project.

Then it’s goes silent for awhile. I look at dad and saw that he was contemplating about something. So I close my laptop and place it aside.

“Do you have anything to say to me dad?”

“Huh! What do you mean by that?”

“Because you barely come to my room and I know there must be something you want to tell me. And I surely know it’s not about work. So what is it dad?”

He cools himself down first. Then he takes out a small white envelope from his pants pocket.

“Suho, right 6 months ago, right after my visit in England, I went to meet my best friend. This friend of mine has a daughter and she’s so sweet and kind. Long story short, your mother always wants his daughter to be her daughter-in-law. So I went to meet them ask for their hand. But I asks them for 6 month tempo just to make sure that if you have any girlfriend or maybe even a girl that you like. And in this 6 month I get to know that you love, Chorong. But since he told you to forget about her, I told them that we can proceed with the arrange marriage.”

I was shock to hear that. Dad just agrees in marrying me with the girl that I don’t even know who and tell me to just forget about Chorong.

“Dad…”

“Hear me out first. I know you’re mad since I didn’t ask you first and just proceed with this marriage. I apologize because we also done discussing the date of your guys engagement and wedding date. We plan that the engagement party will be held the night of her graduation day to celebrate her graduation and engagement. And the wedding day will be a month after.”

“But dad, why so sudden? You know I love Chorong and I will do anything to make her mine. I just need time. Dad I don’t even know this girl and I’m scared that I’m not able to love her the way I love Chorong. I just want Chorong as my wife, dad. No one else.”

“Please Suho. This is your mother dream. I know you’ll like her. Here’s her picture. Please look at her first before rejecting.” Dad gives me the white envelope.

I take it and put it side.

“Aren’t you going to look at it?”

“I’m not interested dad. Dad please do something. I don’t want to get married to anyone beside Chorong.”

“But please look at the picture first. I know you’ll gonna love her.”

“Dad…”

“Please, son.” Dad cut me off again.

I sigh, take the envelope and open it. When I take the picture out, my eyes widen and my heart which was sad and heavy, instantly change into happy and exited. In the picture was none othe then my girl. My lovely, innocent and sweet Chorong.

I look at dad with a big smile and hug him tightly.

“Oh dad! Thank you…Thank you… Thank you so much. I love you so much dad for doing this.”

I pull away and the 6 months deal came to my mind. So I ask him.

“But dad, you told me you arrange this 6 month ago. I don’t get it.”

Then dad told me everything about the day she meet Chorong’s parents and ask them about Chorong. He even wanted me to fall in love with her by myself before planning about the wedding.

I was upset with dad.

“You shouldn’t do that dad. What if I fall in love with a wrong girl? What will happen?”

“I know you won’t. Because I know your mother won’t allow it. Beside even if you did, then I’ll just accept it and take it as if you and she are not meant to be together.”

“Oh God, dad. You just made my dad. Does she know dad?”

“I’m not sure. But I told her father that I’ll be telling you about this arrange marriage today.”

She’s going to know about me. I’m so happy. Wait but she doesn’t know yet that she’s going to marry me. She doesn’t know yet about this arrangement. What if she know that it’s me. She’ll reject me right away. What should I do?

Then an idea pop out.

“Dad, can you help me with one thing?”

Dad look at me and raised his eyes brow and ask “What is it, son?”

“Can you tell Chorong’s parents to keep it as secret? Just tell her that they choose a guy for her.”

“But why?”

“When she knows it’s me, she’ll reject me. She’ll reject me before even we meet. Please dad. I want her as my wife and you want her as a daughter-in-law. This is the only way.”

Dad smile. “Fine. I’ll tell them about this.”

“Thank you, dad.”

Dad just smile. “Now would you come down and have dinner.”

I nodded my head and follow him down to have dinner. After dinner, I walk go back into my room.

I take Chorong’s picture and put it in one of the frame. Taking the picture with me, I place it on my bedside table. So that every morning, I will be greet by two most beautiful girls in my life.

My mother and my love.

 

CHORONG

A week has been gone and Suho still keep on texting and calling me. I try to forget about my feelings but it seems hard since he keep on disturbing me. Call me bad or evil but that’s the best way. I don’t want to bring her in my complicated and unbeautiful life.

I was sitting on the bed while reading my novel when I heard a knock. I told the person to come in and it was none other than my parents.

They walk in and sit on the bed beside me. I close my book and put it aside so that my focus will be only at them.

“What are you doing princess? Are you busy?”

“Nothing dad and no I’m not busy. Why is there something you want to talk about?”

“Yes there is and I hope you won’t be angry at us.” Omma said

I look at both of them in puzzle. “Both of you are my parents. Of course I won’t be angry at you. What is it you want to talk about?”

“Well last 6 month, one of my best friends comes to our house. He came with a wish. And that wish to make you his daughter-in-law.” Appa complete.

“Chorong before you say no, I have something to tell you. They are a very good family. His mother was my good friend to. His son is a good boy to. He is not a player like other rich guy and a very well manners guy. Before you say no, please meet him and his family first. Know him. I know you’ll like him. About love, you can fall in love with him after marriage.” Omma finish.

I close my eyes and sigh. I thought Suho was the last problem I had to face. I didn’t know mom and dad already choose someone for me. When I open my eyes, I saw the hope in their face and I know if I say no, I will feel guilty for the rest of my life.

I smile at them. “If you think that’s the best for me, then we’ll go and meet them.”

Once they heard it, they look so happy.

“Thank you, princess. Thank you so much.” Appa said and kisses my forehead.

“Now why don’t you go to sleep and rest. We’ll go and meet them tomorrow for dinner.” Omma said.

Tomorrow. Dinner. Oh God! I didn’t know it was this fast.

I just nod my head. I lie down and Omma and Appa tug me. Kissing my forehead and saying goodnight, the walk out living me in the dark room alone.

I close my eyes and tears fall down. I know this is the best. I know by saying yes, no one will call me a gold digger again. Dad barely has rich friends except Suho’s dad. And I know this is the best way for both of us. The only best way for me to forget about Suho.

But deep down in my heart, I feel like nothing is going to go as I plan. And deep down in my heart, I still have a slightly hope its Suho.

 

MR. PARK

Right after I got a call from my friend, I was quiet puzzle why didn’t he want my daughter to know who she’s marrying. What make me more shock was that this is Suho’s idea. Did something happen between them?

I really like Suho and I just hope Chorong won’t say no. I know Suho is the best man for Chorong and he will make my only princess happy.

This past few years I realize that I lost my happy and cheerful daughter. I ask her friends and even Chanyeol since they are so close together, that if there is anything happen in college. But all of them said that she’s fine and she’s just stress because of college.

I believe them at first until one day; my princess was admitted in the hospital with the reasons of being over stress and even tries to kill herself.

Since then I believe that they lie to me just to make sure that me and my wife doesn’t worry about her.

I try to find out why but until now I can’t find the reason.

So putting all my hope, I really hope Suho is the one and will make her happy and bring me old Chorong back.

My one and only princess.