9

MY FIRST & LAST LOVE SEASON FINALE (SURONG)

CHORONG

I thought I’m going to enjoy this party after so long. But no, he has to spoil it. Why did he come? Why didn’t even I think that he will come?

Of course he will come. This is a party of a celebration of Mr. Kim’s company and his company. How can I be so stupid not to think about that?

I was looking out the window and keep silent. For the whole way I didn’t say anything.

I saw from the corner of my eyes that Chanyeol was worry and keep on looking at me. Suho did the same to and I didn’t care.

Chanyeol was holding my hand and squeeze it to give me strength.

Once we arrive, I quickly step out from the car after thanking Suho and walk to the house. Right now I just want to be locking in my room and lie down on my bed.

 

SUHO

I keep on looking at her saw that she was trying to control herself from something. Maybe crying or maybe screaming.

Something is really wrong and I really want to know what happen.

When we arrive at their house, she thanks me in hurry and walk away. I didn’t even able to say anything.

“I’m sorry, hyung. She’s not in the mood.” Chanyeol said.

I nod my head and said “its fine.”

Then he thank me and was about to walk away when I stop him by saying “Chanyeol, can I ask you something?”

He turns around and nodded his head.

“Who is Luhan? Why does he always affect Chorong’s mood and how you and the other know him?”

He look shock at first and then he sigh. “There is a long story about it. But I can answer the last question. Luhan was a student in Seoul University and he was our senior. We know him from there. The other question, you might know when time past. But one thing for sure. Luhan is a bad news especially to Chorong noona and we all hate him because of a reason.” He said and walks away.

I just stand there, puzzle. What does he mean by that? Luhan is a bad news to Chorong?

Oh God, why am I so curious? She’s nothing to me but why do I need to know about her.

I sit inside the car and drive back. On my way back, I keep on thinking for a way to know about who Luhan is to Chorong and the others.

Then it clicks. I know who can tell me about her.

I drive all the way back home with smile and I really can’t wait for Monday.

Once I arrive home, the guests all have been gone. I walk in saw dad was sitting on the couch with eyes close.

I walk to him and tap on his shoulder. He opens his eyes and smile when he looks at me. “When did you come back?”

“Just now. Go and sleep properly in the room dad. You’ll hurt your neck and back if you sleep like this.”

“I know. I’m just taking a rest. It was a very tiring day.”

I take a sit on the couch that place beside dad and agree with him. “It was. But it was a nice party.”

“I know. It will be nicer if your mom was with us.” Dad said.

I can’t agree more. Mom always knows what to do and what to talk on this kind of party. Since she’s the extrovert and dad is more to introvert. It’s good that I got mom’s extrovert.

Then dad stand up and said that he want to go and sleep. I just nodded my head and let him go.

He was in front of his room when I ask him out of sudden.

“Dad, how did you meet mom and know she was the one?”

Dad look at me in amuse and chuckle. Then he said “I’ll tell you tomorrow. Now I’m sleepy. We’ll talk about that tomorrow since we have the whole day.

The whole night I keep on thinking about Chorong and why did I ask dad about how he meet mom and how he fall in love with her.

The problem now is why I am keeping on thinking about Chorong. Why do I feel like protecting her when he was so angry and hurt when Luhan was near her? Why do I always feel different and my heart seems can stop beating every time I’m near her or even just think about her?

I just need to figure my feeling out as soon as possible. Is it love? I don’t think so. Hell, I don’t even know how love feels. The only love that I know is my love toward my family.

The next day, I wake up, take a shower and change into my t-shirt and sweatpants. I comb my hair and once I’m done, I walk down and saw dad is already at the table waiting for breakfast to serve.

I wish my dad, Mr Shin and Mrs. Shin good morning and take a sit beside dad. After having our breakfast, dad asks me to sit outside at the veranda with him while having our coffee there. I just agree and follow dad out.

On the veranda, it was quiet. Dad was standing while holding his coffee and lean his elbow on the veranda handrail looking at the garden in front him.

I keep on looking at him thinking about what is he thinking about. Is there something serious happen to him or is there some secret he keeps from us.

Then he starts to say. “The first time I saw her was when I was working at you grandparents restaurant. She came there with her friends.”

I frown. Who is he talking about? Then I remember I ask him about how he met mom.

“I still remember. She looks so cute and in the same time beautiful in her school uniform with her ponytail, braces and eyeglasses. My friends who work with me laugh at her and said that she was a nerd and she looks so ugly with her braces and glasses but for me she was perfect. She looks so innocent and sweet.

I still remember that I volunteer to take her order that day. When I walk toward her table, my heart was beating fast and I feel so nervous.” He chuckle. “When I was near her table, I hear her laugh and it was the sweet laugh ever. It was an as good as sweet melody in my ear.

Since that day, I keep on thinking about her and wish that she will come again to the restaurant. Years past and I didn’t meet her. Until one day I was one of the student need to handle the new students in college. That was like luck for me because I saw her again and as if God was helping me, he was one of the student that I need to take for tour.

I still remember that I properly bring all of them the long way so that I can spend more time with her and make her the last person for me to show the dorm.

Once only left me and her roommate, I brave myself and ask her about her name and what course was she in. She gladly said that her name was Kim I Reum and she was the same course as me, business.

Since that day, I was like a stalker and keep on spying on her or sometime purposely bump into her. It’s funny when you thinking about it now.” Dad said and chuckle. He takes a sip of his coffee and takes a sit beside me.

“Months gone by and at last I went and talk to your mom and said that I really like her and will she go for a date with me. She was shock at first and the blush went she just register what I said. She was hesitating at first but she still nods her head. I was so happy that day I was smiling for the whole day. I just can’t wait for Sunday to come.

When it was the date’s day, I was so enthusiastic. On our first ever date; I bring her to amusement park. I ask her friend where your mom always wants to go and she said to amusement park.

We have so much fun and that day I realize, I don’t only like her. I love her. But doesn’t want to scare her so I didn’t tell her. We keep on being friends until one day she asks me what are our relationship. I was kind of shock why she asks that out of sudden.

She just shrugged her shoulder and said that it’s weird when I always text her and treat her more than as friend and because I barely text her roommate like how I text her. She even said that she don’t want a false hope.

Right that day, when she said that, I confess to her and said that I love her. I don’t know since when but I love her. Maybe since the first day I saw her walk in the restaurant. And since that day she became my girlfriend.

I finish my studies and start working and while I was working, we will meet every weekend if I or she will be free. One day, I went to her college to give her purse back that she left in my car and saw her talking to one of the guy in the college. I don’t know why, but I was so jealous and possessive over her. I don’t like any guy near her except me.

I walk to her and place her purse on the table and said her purse that she left in my car and then walk away. Before walking away, I didn’t miss her frown.

I was about to walk back inside my car when I felt a hand on my wrist. I turn and it was your mom with a question face.

“Why? What happen? Why are you suddenly acting like this? You didn’t even leave a kiss for me like you use to.”

I didn’t say anything and just let it be. Then she smirks and said “Was my handsome boyfriend jealous of me talking to a guy?”

I look at her and said “No I wasn’t.”

She laughs and said “Oh My God, Mr. Kim Jeong Hun is jealous. Come one admit it.”

“Okay fine. Yes I was. Happy.”

Her laughs slow down and said “Very. Don’t worry, I only have my eyes on you.” And kiss me on the cheek and walk away.

That day I realize that I really do love her and I don’t want just to be her girlfriend. But more. I need to make her as my wife. So I spend most of my saving money buy her a ring that she love. It was easier since she was an orphan so I didn’t need to ask anyone permission except you grandparents. They approve it since they also love your mother.

That Saturday on our date, I propose to her and said that if she want to hold the marriage until her graduation, I’m fine with it. To my surprise, she said yes.

After her graduate, we got married and since that day we plan to open our own business with a little help from your grandfather and my best friend, Jung Iseul, Minseok, Jongdea and Eunji father.

Your mother didn’t want to get pregnant yet that’s why we got you late. If not you will be the same age as Minseok. But we wait for two years. Your mom said that she doesn’t want to stress me and herself with our growing business with child.” He said looking at me.

I nodded and adore with my mom and dad love story. It was just a simple one but in some kind of special and romantic for me.

“So son, why did you want to know about it suddenly?” He asks.

I shook my head and said “Nothing. I just want to know. Dad can I know something? What is love? What do you feel when you fall in love? And do love at first sight real happen?”

He looks at me with puzzle face and then I saw him smirk.

Wait, did he just smirk?

“Why are you smirking dad?”

“Huh? No I didn’t smirk. I was smiling.”

“Fine. Now tell me.”

“Well I don’t how to make it specifically. It’s different for every one of us. But for me, I know mom was the one because I keep on thinking about her every night and she was what I think when I wake up. When she smile, my whole world light up and my heart skips a beat. I feel like just take her in my arm and protect her from this evil life. And being with her always feel like a dream come true. And about first love, yes they do happen. Take me and your mother as example.”

Damn it. That’s what I feel when I’m with Chorong. But it’s still early. It can’t be love. It must be just an attraction.

“So who is it?” I heard dad asks.

Without my intention, her name slips out my mouth. “Park Chorong.”

When I realize it, it was too late. I look at dad and saw him smiling. It was not a simple smile. It was ear to ear smile. He looks so happy. I don’t know why look that happy.

“I know it.”

“What do you mean by that dad?” I ask with a frown.

“I saw how you look at her on the dance floor the whole time you were dancing with her. I even realize you keep on looking at her for the whole night. And the way you talk about her and how she does her job. You never talk about anyone that excited. Even Changsub.”

Well your dad is right. My mind said.

He stands up and walks by after tapping my shoulder. Before he walk in the house, he said “I like her to son. It will be good if she become my daughter in law.”

I look at the door where he was standing earlier in shock.

What the? What did dad mean by that?

Then I laugh. Dad really is something.

 

MR. KIM

When Suho said her name, I was happy. No. I was beyond happy. My plan is working. I was kind of scared. What if he didn’t fall in love with Chorong but with other girl? But now I can die in peace. I saw the way he look at Chorong the whole night especially when they were dancing. It was like how I always look at my beautiful wife.

I bet my I Reum must be happy now in heaven. Her wish is slowly coming true. But I know she must be angry to since I middling in my sons life. But she always want Chorong as her daughter-in-law and me not make it possible is impossible. What make my wife happy makes me happy. Even I want Chorong as my daughter-in-law. Sweet, innocent and beautiful Park Chorong.