15

MY FIRST & LAST LOVE SEASON FINALE (SURONG)

CHORONG

In the evening, we all walk to the meeting room on the second floor to meet with the employee of Les Paradise Hotel.

I was excited and nervous at the same time. This is because I’m going to tell Suho about my idea.

Once we all walk in, all the employee was already there waiting with Mr. Kim.

Wait, Mr. Kim. What is he doing here?

“Good evening. Have a sit so that we can start?” Mr. Kim said.

I look at Jinyoung who was standing beside me and whisper “What is Mr. Kim doing here?”

He looks at me apologetically and said “We forgot to tell you that Mr. Kim will be here.”

I sigh and then take my sit. Then the meeting start and Suho and Mr. Kim asks every employee about their working contract and why didn’t anyone told about the HQ about this.

The employee said they didn’t know and they thought that the contract is really already written like that.

Once the meeting end and Mr. Kim clear everything and promise them that they will get a new renew contract and their holiday time table as soon as they can.

They all look so happy and they were smiling from ear to ear when they heard about this. They thank Mr. Kim and Suho and walk out from the meeting room.

Then Mr. Kim look at Changusb and said “Changsub, first I want you to renew the entire contract and tell them to sign it in front of you or Suho or anyone in here. Second, I want you to write two resignation letters to the manager and supervisor to not only lie to the employee but also to us. Give them 48 hours tempo.”

“Okay sir.”

Then he look to us and said “And for all of you, I want you guys to think something...something that can make the employee who already give their resignation letter, stay. Anything. The best idea, we will proceed.”

I bite my lips while thinking that should I present my idea or should I just keep it by myself and discuss with the other about my idea.

“Ms. Chorong, do you have anything you want to say? You look like you have something in your mind.” Mr. Kim said.

My face must show that I was thinking about it. I was about to shock my head when Irene said “I thinking this is the best time for you to tell them about your idea.”

I look at her in shock and said “How did you know?”

“I saw your notebook and a paper under the table. Go ahead and tell them about it. It’s the best idea. I know he will like it.”

I look at Irene unsure but Irene gives me a small smile with a face that said everything is going to be fine. I look at all my friend saw them smiling and give me a go ahead look. Irene must already tell them about this.

I sigh and look at Suho and Mr. Kim and said “Yes, there is something I would like to say. Well more like I want to show.”

Mr. Kim smile and said “Go ahead then.”

I take a deep breath and let it go to calm myself down. I walk to the laptop that was already provided there and switch it on.

 

SUHO

She looks nervous but the same time I saw exited in her eyes. What is it that she wants to show? Is it something to do with what was she doing in her room secretly.

Once the laptop and projector was switch on, she takes a something out from her pocket and it was a pendrive.

Then she starts to present and said that the most of the people that stop working her is a married person or a person with kids. Then when she bumps into a girl, crying thinking that her mother doesn’t love her gives her this idea.

Then she opens the next slide and it the picture that was attached looks like a nursery of kindergarten.

“When we was walking or more like visiting, I realize that there was 3 or four empty room and full with things that is not use. Some of them are empty and some of them were full of things that no use of more likely already damage. So why don’t just take all the four or maybe just three room and change into a nursery and kindergarten. So that when the mother works, the kids can stay there and the kids that go to the kindergarten, the can just study there. And when its lunch time, the parents can have lunch with their kids. The kids will be happy and the same time, the will parents can have some quality time with their children.” She said.

I was so impress with her and her idea. I look at dad and saw him smiling. Not the usual smile but a smile that she always shows to me and mom. He even looks proud with her.

Then she keeps on going and said that we could open it to the guest as well.

“For example if the parents’ wants to have a date or a day without their kids or romantic dinner, they just can send their kids to the nursery for few hours and go for a date without even worrying about their kids.”

She keep on saying that the employee don’t have to pay so that they can save some of their money for saving. The only money we will take is from the guest.

Once she’s done, she looks at us with a hope in her eyes. I was so happy with her brilliant idea and very proud of her.

That’s my girl.

You’re doing it again, Suho. My girl.

Damn it. Stop it already Suho.

We all look at dad and he was serious as if thinking something. Then he smile widely and clap his hand and we all follow.

“It’s brilliant. Where did you get this idea, Chorong? It’s perfect. We all are going to proceed to this. I need the proposal so I can go through it again. I want you and your friend prepares a questionnaire for the employee and tells them to answer it especially the married employee.”

She nodded her head and smile. She looks so happy. I just smile looking at how happy she is. Then dad asks permission to go first and excuses himself.

Once dad close the door, her friends rush to her, hug her and congrats her. I just look at her with proud smile.

I walk to her and extend my hand. When our hand connected, I felt jolt of electricity. It’s always like this. Every time I hold her or our skin touch, I will feel electricity.

I congrats her and she smile saying thank you. She pulls her hand away and my hand instantly feels empty.

I excuse myself and walk out from the meeting room and walk straight outside the hotel and to the garden.

I was deep in thought thinking about Chorong and why do I feel this kind of things in my heart when I heard someone ask from behind.

“Penny for your thought, son.”

“Dad, what are you doing here?” I said once I turn around.

“I was just walking and looking at the hotel. The very first hotel that me and your mom build.”

“You must miss her so much when you come here.”

“Every single time. This is where everything starts. So what were you thinking about?”

I look back to the sea and shook my head. “Nothing. Just I wish mom was here so I can talk to her.”

“I wish that to. But son, your dad is still alive. You still can talk to me.”

I smile looking at my dad before looking back at the sea in front of me. “It’s nothing serious dad. Just I’m confused about something.”

Dad put his hand on my shoulder and said “Whatever you’re confused about, you can tell when you’re ready. I’m not going to fore you. You know I ever force my son to do something or to tell me anything.”

“Thank you, dad.”

It was silent for awhile before dad broke the silent.

“Chorong did a very good job didn’t she?”

Just by hearing her name makes me smile. “Yeah, she did.”

“She reminds me of your mother. Always make people around them happy. I even saw her give some money or food to the homeless people. The way she came out with an idea that going to make the kids, our employee and customer happy is just something. And the best part is, she is just the interns. She’s not even a permanent employee.”

“I know. I don’t even know how she came out with that superb idea.” I said still smiling.

“Okay then. I’m going to sleep. I have an early flight to catch. I need to go to Jamaica tomorrow.”

“Jamaica? Why?”

“I have meeting there. Remember I told you about the private island that your mom falls in love with. I’m buying the island and I need to close the deal on Friday.”

“You got it. Really? Congrats dad. Mom will be very happy up there.”

“Thank you. I know she will. I just wish she was here so that I can look at her expression when I tell her this good news.” Dad said and I can hear his sad voice.

“I know. She will be so happy and jumping around.”

Dad sighs and smiles and said “I’m going now. Good night son.”

“Good night dad. Congrats again.” I said and hug him.

He nodded his head and walk away living me alone. I look back at the sea and smile thinking about my dad’s love for mom.

Will I ever feel this kind of feeling one day? Will I ever love someone as much as dad loves my mom? Will there be anyone that love me like my mom love my dad? Will I ever get married and be happy?

Then her smiling face came in my mind make me smile again. I laugh at myself from even remembering her without reasons.

I let a heavy sigh and walk back in the hotel living all my question unanswered.