19

MY FIRST & LAST LOVE SEASON FINALE (SURONG)

SUHO

Days goes by and I’m still feeling the same. Each day, the restless of knowing about her past just becoming worst. Especially after I saw how she acted and talked to Luhan last two days after our meeting.

Luhan was trying to persuade Chorong to talk to him in every way he can. He even follow us to have a lunch together that day. That obliviously didn’t ended well and it was tense and full of sarcasms for the whole lunch.

I saw the way Luhan look at her and the way he try to have an skin ship every single time that make me very angry.

Changsub saw the way I react and he just chuckle and shook his head.

I type the last word on my computer and it was done.

I stand up and walk to the Photostat machine to take the paper that I print but the was none. When I check the paper tray, it was empty.

I was about to walk to the storeroom when I saw Chorong walking toward the same way. I fasten my walk to catch her.

Once I was beside her, I asks her “Where are you going?”

“To the storeroom. I need to take some colour paper to print my works. How about you?”

“Same. The paper in the Photostat machine is empty.”

She just nod her head and we walk to the store. Once we arrive the store, I told Chorong to walk in first and she thank me.

We try to find the paper we want and once we done, we walk back to the door and try to open it but it’s stuck.

“What happen?” Chorong asks.

“The door is stuck. It’s not opening.” I told her.

I place the paper sack on the floor and try to open the door with both of my hand but still it’s not opening. I try several time but still fail.

At last I give up and turn to look at Chorong and told her that the door is not opening.

“What? Why? How come?”she asks sound panic.

“I don’t know. It just happen. Now don’t panic. I’m here. You’re not alone.”

“Try to call someone for help please. I didn’t bring my phone. Did you bring your phone with you?”

I nodded my head and take out my phone from the pocket and was about to dial Changsub number but stop myself.

“Damn it. There is no line here.”

“What? Now.”

“Now we just wait for someone to come and open the door for us.”

Chorong sigh and sit down on the floor Indian style.

I sit beside her and it was silent.

I keep on glancing at her time by time trying to break the silent but nothing came out from my mouth.

The suddenly she said.

“Should we break the silent by playing the game at we play at Jeju?”

I look at her and smile. I nodded my head.

“Sure. Why not. Who want to start first?”

“Let’s decide by playing rock, paper and scissors.”

“Okay.”

We play rock, paper and scissors and I win so I can go start first.

So I start and we keep on asking question to each other. Then she ask.

“Do you ever have any girlfriends?”

I look at her and said “Nope. Never. I’m still single since the day I was born.”

“Really? Like none. Not even a beautiful blond English lady.”

“No. None.”

“Wow. Is it that they are not interested in you or just you were the one not interested in anyone of them?”

“There were few that try to...you know what. But just that I wasn’t interested. I still prefer a Asian or more specifically, Korean girl. Just like my mom.”

“Interesting.” She said in amuse.

Then I thought this was the best time to asks her about her relationship or maybe Luhan.

“How about you? Did you have any boyfriend before?”

Her smile disappear and she move her face from looking at me.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to answer it.” I said.

A few minutes later she said. “Yeah, I did. Once. And that was all.”

“Really. So who’s the lucky guy?”

“Just, someone that I don’t want to talk about. Someone that I’m trying to forget about and hate so much.”

“He must hurt you really bad that make you talk like this.”

She just give me a small smile and nodded her head.

I was about to ask that if the guy is Luhan but before I was able to ask, the door swing open and there were standing Hoya and Solar.

We stand up and quickly walk to them. Chorong thank them and walk back to the office and start doing her work.

For the whole time, I saw that she was disturb by something. She wasn’t focusing on her work most of the time.

Is it what I said is what bothering her? Or is it with the person that’s texting her?

 

CHORONG

After what Suho asks in the store. To tell the truth, I was kind a disturb. But I just try to wash away. But it all come back when I take a sit on my chair and turn on my phone.

There were few text from Luhan. I read it and most of it were him saying sorry and begging to meet me. I ignore it and start to do my work but this guy name Luhan just doesn’t get it that I don’t want to talk to him and meet him.

He keep on texting and even try to call me few times. I’m getting feed up so I just silent my phone.

But still he keep on bothering me.

That’s it. I walk out from the office and answer his call.

“Chorong, you pick up. At last.”

“Listen this and listen carefully. Stop disturbing me and stop texting and calling me. I’m not going to pick it up and I’m not going to meet you. I hate you so damn much, Luhan. Even if you try to kill yourself to asks for my forgiveness, I don’t mind. I rather be a murderer then forgetting and forgive for everything that you did to me.” I whisper yell.

Then I quickly hang up and block his number. I run my hand in my hair and let out a long breath.

When I turn around, I was shock to see Suho there, standing with a shock face.

“Suho! Since when were you standing there.”

“I just walk out. Are you okay? You look stress. Is it someone bothering you? Or is it your ex-boyfriend keep on calling you?”

“I’m fine. It’s was no one. It’s Chanyeol and we were just fighting. You know how brother and sister fight.” I lie smiling at him.

He seems like believe my lie. “Okay then.”

I nodded my head and excuses myself before walking back in the office.

 

SUHO

She’s lying.

The truth is I lied. I was there since she start to talk to her phone or should I specifically say Luhan.

My thought was right. There is something between Chorong and Luhan. Luhan must had done something that make Chorong hate him so much.

Could it be Luhan is her ex-boyfriend?

She did say that she hate her ex-boyfriends and she try to forget about him.

Damn it. I need to know about this and I really want to know. I’m not sure yet about my feeling but one thing I’m sure about and that is my feeling towards Chorong is not just affection but more than that.

Either is love, like or something else, I don’t know yet. But one thing I’m sure. She have a special place in my heart.

For the whole evening, I couldn’t do my works because I keep on thinking about Chorong.

My hand was itching to pick up my phone and call my friend that works as a private investigator and ask him to investigate about Chorong. But I stop myself.

I don’t want to know about her like this. I want her to tell me by herself about this.

Since I can’t focus on my job anymore, I look at the time on my watch and it’s already 4.30pm. so I pack my things and said that I’m going back home and if they want to go back home, they can.

They thank me and start to clear their table.

I walk to my car and lean my back on the car sit. My mind seems can’t get Chorong out.

Why do I keep on thinking about her? Why am I worry about her? Mom, I wish you were here to tell me what I’m feeling.

I let out a heavy sigh and start driving my car. When I was driving, I spotted Chorong at the bas stop in front of the building.

I drive to the bus stop and stop right in front of her.

 

CHORONG

I was waiting for the bus when a black GLA SUV Mercedes Benz stop in front of me.

The person form the car come out from the car and to my surprise, it was Suho.

“Suho, what are you doing here?”

“I’m the one who suppose to ask that question. What are you doing here? Where is Chanyeol?”

“His not in Seoul and he take the car with him. That’s why I’m taking the bas.”

“Oh yeah, you told me about this earlier. I forgot. Uhm...why don’t I send you back.”

“No, it’s fine, Suho. I can take the bas.”

“Come on Chorong. Let me send you. If you want to wait for the bus, you need to wait for another half an hour. Come on, let me send you.”

I bit my lips thinking for a while before nodding my head. He smile and I saw a happy glint in his eyes before it disappear right away.

He open the door for me. I thank him and step inside the car.

All the way home, we were having a light conversation about works.

 

MR. KIM

I was just walking out from the building when I spotted my son at the bas stop with my soon-to-be daughter-in-law which I really hope it happen.

The way my son was looking at her was still the same like he was looking at her that night at the party.

I know deep down in my heart that he have already fall in love with her but just not sure yet. He just need someone to push him.

Changsub told me that he saw the way my son looking at Chorong and he also know that he already fall in love with her but still doesn’t know about it.

So I told him to do something so that he will realize that he fall in love with a beautiful and sweet, Chorong.

That’s how Changsub came an idea with damaging the store knob and empty the Photostat machine and lie to Chorong that I want the proposal with green paper.

At first I thought this won’t work because what if Chorong will lock alone in the store or what if someone else will lock in the room or worst Chorong is stuck with other guy in the room.

But God was on our side and they were lock in the room.

When Chorong nodded about something which I assume that Suho just ask her that he will send her to her house, I saw how happy my son look.

To tell the truth, that was the first time I saw him happy since my wife’s death.

I just hope everything will go fine and I really hope God will help me and my wife to make them a couple that I’m going to ship for the rest of my life.