14

MY FIRST & LAST LOVE SEASON FINALE (SURONG)

CHORONG

After meeting the manager and know about the kids mother, we walk to the receptionist counter and ask about the lady. The worker walk to the worker room and a few minutes later, she walk with a beautiful and sweet lady that look as same age as me or maybe younger.

She smile looking at us and said “Yes, ma’am. You want to see me.”

I smile back. “Yes, I do. Can we talk for awhile? I have something to tell you.”

Her sweet smile earlier changes into worry smile. “I’m sorry ma’am. But I really can’t. I have to work. If my manager saw me talking to you on my work time, he will be angry at me.”

“It’s fine. I’ve already talk to him. So don’t worry. Now shall we go and talk.”

She hesitates but still nodded her head. She walks to her friend and ask for her to cover for her for awhile.

Then we walk to the cafe that located in the hotel and Suho follow us from the back which I don’t get it why.

Once we take a sit, we order our drinks. Then she ask “Why do you want to meet me, ma’am?”

“Well first of all, call me Chorong. We might be at the same age. Second, earlier this morning, I meet your daughter, outside the hotel near the pool. She was crying, alone.”

“Oh my God. Did she do any trouble, ma’am?”

“No she didn’t. And why are you calling me ma’am? I told you to call me Chorong.”

“I’m sorry. But I can’t call the CEO son’s wife by her name.”

I was shock with what I heard and Suho who was drinking his coffee, start to cough.

I chuckle and said “We are not a married couple. He is not my husband.”

“Oh really, I’m sorry. I really didn’t know. I thought you guys were husband and wife since I saw the way he looks at you and you guys will always be together when I bumped into you.”

 

SUHO

When the Ah Young said that we look like a married couple, I was shock and even chock on my drink. But when I think about it again, I smile.

Then the lady needs to spoil my dream. Why would she say that we are not a married couple? A few part of my heart break when she denial about it. Which I don’t get it why, because whatever Chorong said is the truth. We are not a married couple.

The entire meeting Chorong and Ah young keep on talking and discussing about Ah Young’s kids. I wasn’t even listening to their conversation because I was so mesmerize with Chorong’s beauty.

This morning when she walk out from her room wearing her black skinny trousers with white top and match it with her colour blazer, she look so beautiful. Even in her simple attire, she didn’t fail to mesmerize me.

I was so into looking at her that I only hear her saying that she will try to cover up for her.

“Wait...Wait...Wait. What do you mean by you are going to cover up for her?”

“Didn’t you hear anything? She said that she don’t have any break or any off day. She has to work every day. Her kids are like really wants to spend some time with their mother. Since I will be doing nothing tomorrow and we will just go from a side visit, why don’t I just take her place for awhile, while she can just spend some time with her kids?”

“First of all, no way, Chorong.” I said firmly. Then I look at Ah Young and said “Second, what do you mean by there is no off day and you can’t take holiday?”

“Yeah, we don’t have any. We need to work from Monday to Sunday, from 9am to 10pm. And we sign the contract. If we take off day, our salary will be cut off. You must know about it isn’t it, sir. Since this is an order from your father.”

“Can I know who give you this contract? Who make you sign this contract?”

“The manager did.”

I sigh. I’m so angry that I was really trying to calm myself down from doing anything that I will regret later. One thing I need to do after this is, call dad and tell him to come here and meet the manager.

“You’re taking an off day for two days and spend your time with your kids. If the manager scold you or ask you why, say that I give you the approval with you salary will be cut.”

I look at Chorong and said “and you, we are going back to the room and have a meeting. Let’s go.”

We stand up and Chorong hug Ah Young. Ah Young thank me and then we go to our separate way. Me and Chorong when back to the house.

Once we walk in, I call all of them to the dining table to have this discussion. I was so angry right now that I feel like punch the manager in the face.

I roll my sleeve until it reach my elbow and take my phone out from my pocket. I dial my dad’s number to discuss about this.

 

CHORONG

Suho looks really angry. I don’t know why but he looks like he could kill people. Earlier in the restaurant he looks fine and calm. But suddenly he looks angry.

But still it was so kind of him to give her the two days holiday just like that.

Once we walk in the house, Suho told everyone to gather in the dining room for a meeting.

He takes out his phone and starts to call someone and then place it on the table angrily. The others start to walk in the dining table.

“Hey son, what are you calling?” the voice in the phone said. We all know who it is. It’s Mr. Kim

“Dad, I have something to discuss.” Suho said in his angry voice.

“What is it? I can talk since I’m free now.”

“Did you know that the manager in this hotel is lying to everyone including us?”

“Lie? No I don’t know anything. What happen, Suho?” Mr. Kim voice change. Earlier his voice was so calm. But now, his voice sound angry and firm.

“One of the worker her said that they have no holiday at all. The need to work every day from 9am to 10pm. They have no off day. And if they take any holiday or off day, their salary will be cut off.”

“What? How is that possible? I’ve check every hotel detail and worker. I even check the contract. I’ve check it every single month. How can this happen?”

“I don’t know dad. But someone is creating this problem. Dad, I need to do a meeting with the entire employee without the manager and the supervisor.”

“Sure. Just do it. Once its settle, call me and tell me.”

“Okay dad. I’ll call you later.” Suho said and hang up. Then Suho look at Changsub and tell him to inform the entire employee about the secret meeting.

Changsub nodded his head and take Irene and Jinyoung with him.

Then he asks Hoya and Solar to check all the employee contract that they save in their data and make sure that there is no misinformation.

They nodded their head and start their work. Then he looks at me and said “And Chorong, just go and rest. You didn’t even rest at all today.”

“It is okay, Suho. I’m not tired. I can help them.”

“Please Chorong. Just go and rest.” Suho said.

“Suho is right Chorong. You need to take a rest. You even wake up early today. Go.”

I look at them as if they really don’t mind. Hoya and Solar nodded their head. I thank them and Suho and walk into the room.

I close the door and went straight into the bathroom to take a shower. After taking shower, I change into my white oversize t-shirt and jogger pants.

I lie down and try to sleep but seem that I just can’t sleep. I keep on thinking what happen earlier.

The way Suho look so angry with what Ah Young just told him doesn’t make sense. Not about Suho was angry, but about the contract. Maybe this is the reasons why the employee wanted to resign, especially the employee that is married and have kids.

I was still on the bed, lying and thinking about what we can do. Then an idea pop out. I quickly walk to my handbag and take out my notebook and start chalking down my idea. Once I’m done, I walk to my laptop and start to a proposal about it.

I really need to show Mr. Kim and Suho about my idea. I don’t mind if they don’t agree. But I just need to tell them about my idea.

 

SUHO

We were so into doing our work when we hear Chorong shout. I panic. I run to the room and open the door without even knocking.

When I walk inside, I saw she was sitting on the floor, rubbing her head with out and another her toe.

I run to her and kneel down.

“What happen?” I try to sound calm and cool but my voice betray me and I sound so worry.

I didn’t even think further, I carry her bridal style and walk to the bed. While carrying her, our eyes meet and I seems can pull away or look away.

She has such mesmerizing and beautiful eyes. I just wish I can look at her eyes this close every day.

I lie her down slowly on the bed.

 

CHANGSUB

We all follow Suho, who already run into Chorong’s room. When we walk in, I saw Suho look at Chorong with her worry face and pick her up without waiting for Chorong to answer.

For my whole life, I never saw him so worry about someone beside the day his mother was admitted in the hospital and her dad’s was sick.

Then I saw something. I saw how Suho look at Chorong. His eyes were sparkling and full of adoration. He was looking at her full of love.

My best friend is in love. At last.

I already realize that he love Chorong since the first day she walk in the office. Suho eyes just seem can’t move from looking at her. First I just thought her like her or just like to look at her. Then when time past, I realize he looks like he love her but I just want a conformation. Then the party night, when they were dancing together, that was the day I realize that he really love her. No. he already loves her. He already had fallen for her.

I turn to look at her friend who was looking at her in worry but stop them from walking in.

“Just let them be alone for awhile.” I said in my whisper tone so Chorong and Suho won’t hear it.

“But…”

“Please. Just let them are. Let’s just continue our work.” I cut Irene off.

They sigh and nodded their head and walk back to the dining table to continue their work. I close the door slowly and let them be.

But there is one thing I hope for and that is for him to realize that he love her.

I smile and look up.

“Aunty, your wish came true. Your son is in love.”

 

SUHO

Once I place her on the bed, just then I look away and open the drawer beside the bed a take out the first aid kit.

I look at her again and ask “Where is it hurt?”

“I...I’m fine. It wasn’t even serious. I just hit my toe at the table leg and fall. It’s nothing serious.”

“Are you sure?” I ask.

I nodded my head. “Yes. I’m fine. Don’t worry. Just go and continue doing your work.”

I didn’t look sure but still I just let it be since he confirm twice that she is fine. I place back the kit in the drawer.

“What really happen? How come you can hit the table? I told you to rest and sleep.”

“I try to but I just can’t sleep. That’s why.”

“Okay then. Now just go to sleep and rest. We have a meeting tonight.”

She nodded her head. I stand up and walk to the door and my eyes stop on the table that is in the room and saw her laptop and notebook on it. The notebook that she always carry and write down everything that is involve her work or we discuss in meeting.

I wanted to walk to the table and take a look but then I ignore it and let it be and walk out from the room.

 

CHORONG

When Suho pick me up, our eyes collide and I was lost in his eyes. The way he look at me, make me feel something inside.

When she place me on the bed, our face was so near. It was so so near that if people walk in the room right now; they will think we are kissing.

After I make him sure that I was fine, he walk out living me alone in the room.

Once the door is close, I let out of the breath I didn’t know I was holding and place my hand on my chest.

What was that? What was that feeling? Why was I’m so nervous when he was near me?

I stand back up and winch in pain when I stand up. I look down, just then I remember that my toe and head was hurting earlier.

The reasons of this happen is because I was so excited when my proposal was done and I was jumping in joy that I didn’t saw the table and hit my toe and didn’t have time to stable myself that I fall on the couch and hit my head on couch’s armrest and fall on the floor.

I walk back to my laptop and notebook and clean the table and prepare for tonight meeting.

I walk back to the bed once I’m done pack and fall asleep instantly because I was so tired.