Chapter 89

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 89. Family

 

He woke up with a start and realized it was because Seohyun just stepped over him. He stirred moving to his side and caught her as she looked over her shoulder to him, “Where are you going?”

 

She replied with a sleepy grunt, “Pee…”

 

“Don’t take long…”

 

“Silly…” Seohyun replied giggling as she disappeared from view.

 

Yonghwa never even bothered to think how easy this would be— being with someone this way. It was like living with your bestfriend only that this said bestfriend happened to be gorgeously hot, intelligent, sassy— not to mention, possibly the mother of his daughter and could be the mother of his future babies.

 

How many exactly are you thinking?

 

His mind derided but Yonghwa brushed it off when she walked back in the room almost tripping along the way. He chuckled then blocked his face when her hand flew to him only landing to his arm as she crawled over him to get on her side. Once she was settled, he moved closer resting his arm on her waist, “What time is it?”

 

“Almost five…” she replied sleepily, “You’re jogging?”

 

“No,” he replied snuggling closer as he whispered, “I’ll work my way into you later though…”

 

“Ha.”

 

He chuckled kissing her neck, “Or you want to start now?”

 

“Good night…”

 

Yonghwa laughed aiming to tickle her waist but she swatted his hand away and knowing that he would definitely score later, he just let her rest this time. She settled back to sleep but he was already awake. Once Seohyun was breathing evenly, he carefully detached himself from her intending to start his morning. He had always been an early riser mostly going for a jog but lately, he had been spending his mornings with his little girl who, apparently got that early bird gene from him. Yonghwa couldn’t help but smile as he tucked some strands of hair fanning her face.

 

He smiled watching her sleep forgetting what he intended to do— getting crazier with the idea that he has her— yet, only temporarily. 

 

But this could change.

 

He closed his eyes because he knew he couldn’t— shouldn’t go there.

 

That definitely forced him out of the bed without even a second glance but when he reached the adjacent room, his eyes easily fell on the drawer where he knew she kept her things. Yonghwa carefully unrolled some pads of tissue in his hand and took her hairbrush. Now all he needed was some samples from Euna. This sneaking for the DNA test was not really making him comfortable but it would be crazier for him to tell Seohyun when he wasn’t even a hundred percent sure of this.

 

If it ended to be a really crazy fantasy then things would just stay the same but if it was real—

 

He closed his eyes realizing that he hadn’t even decided what to do with the information. Perhaps he would just cross that bridge the moment he got there. Once he was inside the nursery, he looked around but not a single thread of hair in the room. Yonghwa chuckled to himself, he should have thought that this woman is awesomely OCD most of the time and their baby’s absence would be the perfect time for her to not only have her quality time with him but also with the vacuum cleaner.

 

After a deep breath, he shook his head deciding to just get the samples later. Hopefully, he wouldn’t resort to cutting a few strands of hair from his little princess’ pretty hair.

 

After spending enough time in his gym, Yonghwa was in the kitchen preparing something for breakfast— something he just realized not so very typical of him. His first instinct was to prepare something that would remind her of her home. There was this big gulp he did after that thought—

 

Her home.

 

A part of his mind argued that this was her home.

 

Another reminded him that it wasn’t and that her brother suddenly needed to see her. And if she decide to see him, which she definitely would, he would convince her to go home or get married.

 

Both options made his stomach drop.

 

First it was her mother and now her brother and the idea that they haven’t talked about the future annoyed him. It seemed that she has no plans on at least ‘extending’ their arrangement.

 

“Smells good…”

 

He spun to see her walking barefooted in the kitchen with one of his company shirts again, he laughed meeting her half way and kissed her, “Morning…”

 

“Morning…”

 

Funny, just seeing her chased those sad— negative thoughts away. Yonghwa wrapped his arms around her waist, “You’re supposed to be in bed waiting for me to wake you up with kisses… or…”

 

She laughed forehead dropping on his chest for a second before looking up at him, “I’m that impatient.”

 

“For my kisses?” He asked planting one on the tip of her nose.

 

She laughed pushing him away, “For food. I’m hungry, Oppa.”

 

He was right behind her hugging her and kissing her neck, “I’m hungry too… for you.” She leaned in to him holding his hand that were curled by her stomach but when he made his next move she screamed and pushed him away.

 

“Oppa, I swear if you left a mark there—”

 

He laughed cupping her face, “It won’t.”

 

With an eye roll, she pulled a chair and smiled at him, “I’m excited for breakfast.”

 

“Ha,” he deadpanned then fixed her a bowl.

 

Once he laid it in front of her, her eyes grew big as they travelled from her food to his face. Then she grinned, “Gyudon, Oppa?”

 

“Well, I’m sure you...” he lingered for a moment then turned away— away from that smile, as he continued after swallowing that annoying bump in his throat, “Miss…”

 

The silence that followed was short but for him it was stretching so he carried his own bowl and sat across her. But when he finally got a good look at her face, there was a tender smile he saw there while she was chewing. “Is it that good?”

 

Seohyun looked up and started, “Back in college, I used to hang out in one of my friends’ apartment and we would usually make gyudon. It was always good.”

 

He chuckled, “Good? You mean better than this?”

 

“It’s not what I meant,” she waved her hand animatedly then sighed, “I just remembered the good old days.”

 

“Of course,” he nodded and was about to reply when she continued speaking but she dropped her head as if trying to conceal that smile she was wearing.

 

“But this one…” she stopped, gave him a quick look then bit her lips, “It’s made with—“

 

He knew that look and he definitely knew what she would say. Yonghwa swallowed looking away.

 

“By you,” Seohyun continued with a huff as if she was extinguishing a fire.

 

And she was.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter