Chapter 37

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 37. Feelings and Futures

 

Something happened last night but he wasn’t very sure what it was.

 

Yonghwa sighed heavily as he stared at that big lump on the bed covered with sheets. He was tired but he couldn’t get himself to sleep soon, and this morning, he was up too early. Shaking his head, he decided to head towards the nursery. Yonghwa smiled seeing that little limbs kicking and punching in the air as he got close. The little sounds she was making suggested that she was actually having a baby conversation with the toys hanging over her head.

 

Euna easily found his gaze the moment he stood by her crib.

 

“Good morning…” he brushed his thumb on her chubby cheeks. Euna responded to his touch and tilted her head like a little kitten begging to be pet. She cooed and smiled with her eyes blinking heavily he could very well tell what she wanted. But Yonghwa was just content on watching her especially since she was mumbling with her fist on and her eyebrows lifting and dropping as if she was animatedly telling him something.

 

Finally, when she realized that she was not going to get lifted by acting cute and adorable, she took her fist away from and her forehead creased. pulled into a lopsided way and her voice cracked into a cry. Yonghwa laughed softly and decided to just scoop her up before she could wake her umma, “Arasso, Euna-yang.”

 

When they passed by the dark bedroom, Euna’s head automatically shifted to where she somehow knew her mommy would be and cooed. He smiled at her smart baby and stopped, “Shh… let umma sleep, okay? You should spend alone time with appa too.” He kissed her temple when Euna jerked her head towards the door.

 

He could very well translate her baby’s quick reactions to her smartness.

 

He shook his head and chuckled at the sappy daddy-moment he was having. Yonghwa dropped his little girl in her carrier that was in the living room then carried it to the kitchen. Making his usual morning routines, he would constantly look at the baby who was thankfully contented at chewing on her toy. After a moment passed, he heard Seohyun calling out on Euna knowing where they would be.

 

“Good morning,” Yonghwa smirked when she walked in looking exactly how a person who just woke up looked. It was funny since she stopped caring that her hair was messy or that she still had that sleepy face despite obviously washing. The women he knew would usually fix themselves the moment they woke up, but this one—

 

She was just probably too comfortable to care what he thought.

 

Which he liked so much.

 

“Morning,” she yawned after replying and dropped a kiss on her baby’s cheek. She slept in too deep that she didn’t even notice if Euna cried or not. She didn’t even notice when he went in for his shower. She always liked watching him in the morning, with his dark colored sweater and a pair of faded jeans. Only his business coat usually hanging in one of the chairs by the counter would be the closest to business-y he could get. She liked the casual way he would always dress for work. But she also liked when he would be in a three-piece suit every time there were investors coming or he would have a meeting.

 

“You’re up so early,” she managed to stop gaping at him, then asked, “Did she cry?”

 

“You’re up so late,” Yonghwa grinned back then shook his head, “No, when I came in her room she was wide awake staring at her toys and mumbling stuff I couldn’t really figure out.”

 

She laughed. It was the first time it happened. He got to Euna before she did. Maybe she was just too tired yesterday. She got her glass of water and heard him ask behind her.

 

“How was your night?”

 

“Good,” she shrugged without looking back at him.

 

“Had fun at the movies?”

 

“Sure did,” she grumbled knowing that the sound of his voice was an indication he was starting to tease. Thankfully so, Euna whimpered probably noticing that both her parents were in the room but no one was trying to get her. Seohyun smiled as she scooped up her impatient little one. And when Yonghwa walked closer, she took a step back, “She’ll stain your shirt…”

 

“She won’t,” he took Euna from her umma and she stopped complaining instantly and smirked at Seohyun, “See? I knew she was looking for me.”

 

“Yeah, yeah,” she waved him off and poured herself a small amount of coffee. “We’re meeting Yuri unnie for lunch. Is it okay if I use the car?”

 

“Sure,” he nodded rocking Euna in his arms, “Until what time do you plan to be out?”

 

“I’m not sure,” she replied putting small amounts of side dishes on the plates. Taking a quick peek at the scrambled egg cooking in the pan, she added, “I’ll drop by the supermarket too, to get some things for Euna.”

 

“Okay, I’ll go with you.”

 

She spun around to face him but his attention was focused on the giggling baby in his arms. She frowned as she asked, “Where?”

 

“At the supermarket,” Yonghwa replied without looking at her, “Pick me up at the office after your appointment.”

 

“Ne…” she took a deep sigh and nodded knowing that this was not worth arguing about.

 

They spent breakfast the usual way— their conversation almost revolved around Euna but Seohyun noticed that they were getting really comfortable. After a while, he stood and took his empty plate, “Leave it, I’ll take care of it.”

 

Yonghwa only nodded and went to his home office to get the things he needed for work. When he returned to the kitchen, the counter was cleaned but Seohyun was rocking the feisty baby in her arms who was scratching her face with her little fists obviously sleepy.

 

He walked to them and Seohyun stopped knowing what he was about to do. He kissed Euna’s chubby cheek and whispered, “Don’t give umma a hard time today.” Seohyun grunted and he laughed. An idea struck in his mind. Leaning close, he spoke, “Goodbye kiss from Euna?”

 

She smiled and brought their baby closer to him that her face bumped into his awaiting cheek. Euna was too grumpy to care what was happening so he just smiled and kissed her nose. Then, his attention drifted towards the mother, “Now, it’s umma’s turn.” Yonghwa tilted his head and pointed a finger on his cheek.

 

Seohyun couldn’t help but laugh despite the sudden drum in her chest as she took a step back and muttered with a frown, “Not gonna happen, appa.”

 

Yonghwa chuckled watching her move away towards the other end on the counter to put Euna in her carrier. She was obviously trying to avoid looking at him and the blush was already creeping on her skin. It was beautiful to look at so he decided to continue, “You know, we should revisit that agreement.”

 

“Revisit what?” She mumbled, her eyes fixed on the baby slowly falling asleep.

 

“Come on, I should get something from this arrangement!” He said almost in a grumble.

 

That definitely made her look back at him and almost laugh at the pout he was faking, “Get something?” She replied shooting him a small glare, “You’re probably getting a lot of good favors from you parents.”

 

“You know what I mean.” He groaned. Then, his eyes glimmered and he spoke in a small, slow voice, “Do you know this is the longest I’ve gone without ?”

 

Oh yes, her heart definitely rose. Despite the discomfort, and surprisingly relief, that she was feeling Seohyun managed to forge an appalled expression but deep inside she was nervous and tingling. Out of pure curiosity, she decided to ask nonchalantly, “Exactly how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter