Chapter 128

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 128. Do You Remember?

 

 

After breakfast, he literally rushed her into preparing for their ride back to the lake house. This amused her so and it didn’t really need further pushing to get ready since she was also looking forward to be back to the home she learned to love as well. It didn’t take long for them to be on the road but she was a little suspicious when they dropped by a supermarket along the way and he insisted on buying some ready-made food for lunch.

 

“Don’t tell me you don’t have anything to eat at home,” she gave him a narrowed look but he just shrugged at her.

 

“Nah,” Yonghwa shook his head, his gaze never leaving the road as he drove, “We’re having lunch on the way.”

 

“What?” Seohyun frowned still wondering what he was talking about. The lake house would only be about thirty minutes more and they would have more time to prepare lunch. He didn’t give him any answer and Euna too started grumbling needing her attention that she had forgotten to probe any further. Their little one was cranky from sleepiness but the ride didn’t seem to satisfy her and her senses were just in conflict that Seohyun had no choice but to move to the backseat to hold her baby so she could sleep in her comfort.

 

While the car moved to their destination, it got her thinking of how far she’d been in this whole adventure. There were a lot of bumps and roadblocks along her way but she realized that the destination she was aiming for wasn’t exactly the one she was meant to be in. But she wasn’t complaining— not at all, she smiled as she kissed her baby’s forehead.

 

“Do you remember?”

 

His gentle tone pulled her out of her head and it came to her for a second that he was reading her thoughts. Seohyun smiled realizing what he meant when she had that quick glance out of the window that they were close to where she used to live. She sighed and decided to speak out her thoughts, “I just realized that I’ve passed this road like a hundred times after you took us to the lake house, but I never really give much thought to it.”

 

“You mean, you haven’t been in contact with your old landlady?” Yonghwa looked at her from the rearview mirror and she gave him a guilty smile.

 

“I’ve been busy!” She exclaimed but shook her head as she spoke guiltily, “Well, we exchange messages now and then, I even send her Euna’s pictures… but I know they’re not enough.”

 

“Then do more,” he said with a chuckle.

 

“What are you suggesting, Appa?” She said with a brow raised as she rocked her baby back to sleep when she stirred.

 

“Lucky for you I thought of it already,” Yonghwa replied grinning.

 

She laughed softly seeing him turn to that familiar street, “What does ‘thought-of-it-already’ exactly mean?”

 

“That’s where we’re having lunch,” he shrugged, “I called her this morning while you were in the shower.”

 

“Oh, Oppa,” she swallowed back the sudden lump that appeared in because it came to mind that he didn’t just ‘think’ about this randomly.

 

“I just thought it would be nice to see your little place again,” he said softly but she giggled.

 

“I thought we’re going there for Ajumma?” She asked playfully.

 

“Oh, that too,” he shrugged with a smirk then rounded the corner before parking exactly where he did the first time, “We’re here…”

 

She smiled and nodded then kissed her baby’s cheek, “Euna, you wanna wake up?” The little one only breathed heavily, sighing in her sleep that she knew that was the answer to her question. Seohyun mouthed a soft ‘thank-you’ when he opened the door for her and helped her out gently.

 

“Thank you for doing this,” she said when she was out of the car and he only gave him a quiet smile as he took Euna from her. The moment she looked up, she had this rush of emotions seeing her old building where she used to live. It all seemed so long ago now and it even felt like she was living somebody else’s life all those months.

 

Yonghwa nodded with a smile as he fixed their baby in his arms, “So, shall we?”

 

“We shall,” she grinned as she allowed him to walk ahead of her when they entered the building. He explained that Ajumma said she was going to the market and will be with them as soon as she’s ready.

 

“But is my old room empty?” She asked as they started taking the stairs.

 

“You told me before she didn’t really rent that place out and she was just feeling sorry for you.”

 

Seohyun giggled and nodded to herself feeling happy that she would see her old room without causing any trouble to anyone other than her old landlady.

 

“You’re awake?” He lilted and Seohyun could see that her little head snapped alert.

 

“Oooohhhh,” Euna cooed pointing ahead of them where the morning light shone above.

 

“Yeah,” Yonghwa nodded as he walked, “We’re on a trip right now.”

 

Their baby laughed, her little legs kicking while her appa shifted her on his waist so he could balance her and the baby bag he insisted to carry. Seohyun smiled just listening to him tell their baby how he ‘gallantly’ took them away from this place before because it was hurting umma. She shook her head laughing, “You didn’t do it ‘gallantly’, Appa. Remember? You blackmailed me!”

 

He laughed stopping to look at her, “And we’re all happy that you allowed yourself to be blackmailed, admit it.”

 

She nodded thoughtfully to herself now that he kept walking. Indeed, it was the best choice that she took because she could never imagine not being able to be with him. Seohyun too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter