Chapter 76

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 76. Phone Calls

 

“Goodbye kiss, Seohyun-ssi?”

 

He laughed when she sighed shaking her head and turning to him.

 

Yonghwa caught her by the waist and chuckled against her neck, “You smell really nice.” She laughed, that sweet bubble of a laugh as his lips traced little kisses from her neck up to her lips. Finally, both of them stared at each other and just like that they started kissing.

 

It was becoming like this with them, Yonghwa thought. Like this was the most usual thing to be and they were merely doing something that came naturally. He moaned the moment her arms s on his shoulders pulling him closer. He smiled back when she did while they were kissing as if their eyes were not closed.

 

And Yonghwa was already looking forward for the weekend.

 

“Oh!”

 

They were taken aback and rushed to turn away from each other.

 

“Oh…” Mrs. Kim looked confused for a moment as she gasped again with Euna tucked on her side.

 

Their baby squealed seeing them both then put her hand back in with a wide grin aimed at them as if giving them a tease.

 

Then ajumma looked away when he raised a brow at her, “You can… uh… continue…”

 

Yonghwa chuckled when the older woman disappeared from their view with their baby’s screams disappearing gradually. He faced Seohyun again who turned away when they ‘got caught’. Quietly, he wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her from behind then clicked his tongue, “Tsk, too many distractions. So, I guess, we’ll have to continue later when I get home?”

 

She giggled then shifted to face him again, “Already looking forward to it…”

 

“You’re getting good,” he smirked and pressed a light kiss on her lips then moved away, “I’ll call you later…”

 

“Uh-huh,” Seohyun nodded as he took backward steps away from her.

 

After one small wave, he managed to leave.

 

~~~~

 

He was swamped with work and since he didn’t make it to the morning meeting, his secretary filled him in but he needed to make extra phone calls at the sites. By lunchtime, he was on the road checking on a few nearby construction sites and he only realized it now how lucky he and Jonghyun were fortunate to have found a very reliable team that can operate with less supervision from them. It helped that they hired a combination of experienced project managers and ambitious, younger staff. In no time, he was back in his office, reviewing contracts, plans and other documents he needed to work on.

 

His day was definitely swamped and, yes, it wasn’t practical that he came late but he couldn’t regret that little time he managed to spend with Euna— and Seohyun, of course. Speaking of, Yonghwa only managed to have his lunch once he got a message from her asking what he had for lunch. It amused him knowing that it was her way of checking on him.

 

He didn’t mind it at all, something that he would in the past with most of the women he dated. He thought it was quite meddlesome but with Seohyun, it just felt like he was being taken cared of. A smile formed on his lips.

 

He felt seriously screwed.

 

But, surprisingly, he liked it a lot— having someone looking after him, worrying about him.

 

Waiting for him.

 

He sighed because at the end of very nice thoughts were the looming end of their arrangement. They agreed that this was temporary— he even insisted that it should be that way.

 

But now…

 

His thoughts ended with his phone vibrating on the table near his arm. Since he had been waiting for a message from a client, he took his phone and frowned upon opening an image sent by Jonghyun. His curiosity was piqued as he wondered why on earth he would sent him a picture of a potted lavender plant. But Yonghwa finally grunted seeing the point as he zoomed in on the open card beside the plant.

 

“I heard you’re ‘sick’. I hope this could make you feel a little ‘better’!”

 

There was probably a hidden meaning to ‘sick and ‘better’ that she would highlight them. He could only assume Seohyun had the same thought as him that Jonghyun was just making an excuse to fool around. After all, he would do that too in the past—

 

In the past!

 

But to Yonghwa’s defense, it wouldn’t be as often as his friend. He shook his head receiving another message from Jonghyun, this time, it made him frown deeper when he read it.

 

“She’s so sweet. I need to find me a woman EXACTLY like HER. Don’t you think?”

 

He frowned some more seriously contemplating if it was worth to throw his phone across the room until it rang after a few seconds. Jonghyun was seriously rubbing this one on his face. He grunted again once he answered and he just casually greeted him so he went straight to his point, “You got this from Seohyun?”

 

“But then I’m surprised you answered.” Jonghyun chuckled when he groaned.

 

“I’m being serious...”

 

He laughed then cleared his throat, “Any problem? I mean, you told her I was sick, right?”

 

Come to think of it, why did he even answered the call when he knew what it would be about? He cleared his throat, ignoring the inner kick he gave himself as he rubbed his nape, “Uh, anyway, how are you feeling?”

 

Yonghwa grunted when Jonghyun laughed out loud followed by an obviously faked coughing then muttered, “Uhm? Better?”

 

“I’m taking a vacation once your back,” he barked quietly knowing that it sounded like a child whining. But he didn’t care because his friend knew him well and there was no sense in hiding how he really was feeling about this.”

 

“Alright, my friend. I’ll cover for you… and you’re going to thank me for it.”

 

He sighed shaking his head as he forced himself not to inquire, then mumbled, “Okay, hanging up…”

 

“Thank Seohy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter