Chapter 78

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 78. Paths

 

Seohyun had been restless the whole morning especially right after he left for work. It must be some jitterbug attacking only because she wanted everything to be perfect. After a few hours when he left, she received a call from his mother asking if Euna could come earlier since Sooyoung’s sons were on their way and she wanted to surprise them by having the baby in the house.

 

She was hesitant for a moment until Mrs. Kim asked if she could take the afternoon off because of some family emergency she needed to attend to. In the end, Seohyun drove Euna to the Jung’s residence and stayed until late after lunch. As she drove back to the lake house, it only dawned on her that she should make adjustments to the plan. After a while of contemplation, she decided that it was a good chance for them to have a night out where they could get home whenever they wanted and not worry about the baby.

 

With that, she phoned the restaurant Yuri recommended and set a reservation. The sudden opportunity brought a problem though since she didn't really have anything to wear for an evening dinner out until she opened her closet and caught sight of the red dress he bought for her. Seohyun could very well remember the way he looked at her when she had it on for the very first time so she could only hope that it would still have the same effect.

 

She took a leisurely bath just to calm her nerves and prepared herself so she’d be ready by the time he arrived from work. And once she was, Seohyun stood in front of the mirror and inspected herself. She had the faintest make up, her hair flowing on her back, and the fiery red dress only made her skin glow. She swallowed as she ran her hands on her sides as if straightening the fabric but she was only just too nervous at the moment.

 

The house was uncharacteristically quiet and it felt even larger yet so empty without Euna and Yonghwa with her. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment suddenly realizing how it would be for him once this was all over.

 

Was he going to feel this way?

 

Would he get the very same cold silence she was feeling at the moment?

 

Would he be able to know the difference once they were gone?

 

Or would it be like reclaiming the lifestyle he had before them and would even be thankful for getting it back?

 

The thoughts only caused this tightening in her stomach she could only translate to pain of knowing that she didn't or possibly doesn't matter to him. Seohyun swallowed back the lump that formed in with the thoughts led her to feel.

 

And her heart drop when the alarm by the main gate sounded.

 

Yonghwa was home.

 

After checking herself one last time, she slipped on her high heels and tried to ignore the deafening throbs inside her chest. She quietly left the bedroom the moment she heard his retreating footsteps in the main room and after a few seconds, she heard him call out her name.

 

He must have been worried upon arriving in the empty house. She smiled to herself as he made his way closer to the stairs ready to look for them there.

 

“You’re home…” Seohyun finally spoke and smiled when their eyes met but he remained still obviously surprised by her sudden appearance and probably because of how she looked, she hoped.

 

Seohyun couldn't help the amusement she was feeling to show as she decided to just walk down the stairs as he seemed frozen on the spot. While she walked, she started explaining about Euna and that knowing grin he suddenly showed was like a spark that ignited her to the core.

 

“Surprised?” She asked but before he could answer, Seohyun was on a tiptoe claiming his lips.

 

It was not part of the plan— this kiss, but the longing for him took the best of her and she just wanted this space between them to disappear. And the only way to achieve that was this—

 

This kiss.

 

She kissed him with longing that she would always feel every time he wasn't there by her side as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. Seohyun opened up to him like she'd been starved sliding her tongue along his silently praying that he would know how she felt through this kiss.

 

Yonghwa s a hand down her hips settling on the small of her back while another cupped her on the neck to guide her in an angle perfectly fitting her to him. She heard him groan and felt that lightest touch of his length hardening by her hip. And the realization brought this hungry need in her that she wanted satisfied. Seohyun whimpered when he abruptly pulled away and brushed his thumb along her wet lips. She closed her eyes as he cupped her jaw and leaned close to plant a feathery kiss on the side of her neck.

 

Then he spoke gently against her skin, “What are you planning for me tonight, Seohyun-ssi?”

 

She smiled tilting to him, “I reserved us a table—” She stopped mid-sentence when he suddenly barked a laugh, head even falling back.

 

“I'm sorry…” Yonghwa said at the annoyed glare she suddenly gave him. After kissing her cheek, he took her hand and planted it right where his muscles bulge, “Do you think I'd be going out at this point?”

 

She pulled her hand back not because she didn't want to feel it but he was right, she was definitely feeling the same way. She nodded in understanding but countered, “We need to eat though and I told Ajumma not to cook—”

 

He stopped her again with another kiss then whispered, his eyes traveling from her face, down to her body, “The only thing I want to eat right now is you.”

 

She swallowed feeling the burning sensation that travelled between her legs. She wanted it too and although she has another mission for this weekend for them. It should be the first one on her agenda but—

 

“Upstairs…” she whispered under hooded eyes.

 

The first one on the agenda can wait.

 

~~~~

 

Yonghwa watched her turn and take careful steps up the stairs. The look on her eyes told him that she was not only doing this because she knew how much he wanted her. The thought crossed his mind that she might give herself to him only because of the pressure he had been giving. But this time, he knew that she wanted this as much as he does. Taking cautious steps, he followed close behind and his gaze traveled from her soft calves then lingered to her that seemed to get even whiter in that fiery red dress she was wearing.

 

He mentally thanked himself the very first time he saw her in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter