Chapter 134

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 134. Incoming Storm

 

 

“What time is it?” She asked with eyes blinking heavily.

 

“A little past seven?” He stood then went to the adjacent room. Turning the faucet on, he washed his face quickly so he could resume listening to her morning groaning after last night.                                                                            

 

“Hi, puppy, are you announcing your arrival?”

 

Yonghwa laughed realizing what that question meant especially when he heard their baby’s giggles. “She’s making sure you are not . What a smart girl…” he called out from the bathroom.

 

“But Euna always sees me , don’t you?” Seohyun cooed.

 

“How come I rarely, and I must emphasize the ‘rarely’ here, see you ?” He said frowning at her while peering from the doorway. And when Euna grinned up at him, he reacted pointedly, “And look at you, little missy, so smug about it…”

 

“Aigoo, don’t listen to him,” Seohyun puckered her lips at her baby before smiling prettily at him, “Can you hurry please and get her? I need to get ready too.”

 

“As long as you promise I’d see you a lot?” He replied winking.

 

Seohyun laughed but gave him a straight face as she spoke, “All right, like a I have a choice?”

 

He went back to the bathroom with a smile on his face just listening to her have a decent conversation with their almost toddler. Just thinking about it made him really happy, especially for Euna— that she’d grow up around her parents who love each other. Shaking his head along with those sappy thoughts, he moved to the shower and took a quick one. As he was drying himself off, Yonghwa could still hear her softly talking to the baby who was babbling a long like she was trying to ‘out talk’ her mother.

 

“I didn’t even notice when Appa got up…” Seohyun babbled and Euna replied matching her tone, “I know, right? Did you cry though? I would have heard you if you did.”

 

“Yeah, she woke me— crying until I came to her room,” Yonghwa replied while rubbing his hair with a towel and sat at the edge of the bed, “She’d been rolling around the living room since six.”

 

“She must be hungry,” she said with a pout directed to their baby but she only turned away heading out of the room, “And there she goes.”

 

“I gave her milk if that helps,” he smiled catching her wrist and shaking her arm lightly, “Come on, don’t feel bad about it. Remember before in the lake house where I would have my alone time with Euna before I go to work? Same thing.”

 

Seohyun smiled finally and gave him a small nod, “Right… I’m sorry, you know I’m…”

 

“You’re guilty since she’s sleeping alone…” he smiled.

 

Sighing, she nodded, “I’m sorry.”

 

“And I’m sorry too,” he said while wrapping his arm around her shoulder pulling her for a playfully loud smacking kiss on her cheek.

 

“Aww, get off me!” She tried to push him away but he only chuckled and looked at her with that smirk on his face transferring his gaze to her eyes and her lips. For one quiet minute, they just stared at each other like that until he leaned in and kissed her.

 

He smiled against her lips making sure that her worries would all go away, not because of this kiss but because she’d know that he would be here to be patient. Yonghwa was not asking her to divide her time between him and their baby but she knows it too. And this moment could not be avoided so he just needs to be gentle with her and not make her anymore guilty.

 

Once they both came back up for air, he rubbed his thumb on her cheek speaking softly, “I love you and Euna loves you.”

 

“Uh wow, nice to know,” Seohyun gave him a sarcastic grin then laughed softly when he frowned. Nodding, she continued, “Don’t worry, I will get over this guilt thing, okay?”

 

“I know, babe…” he nodded then exhaled loudly before slapping his hands on his lap, “Go get ready. Breakfast’s done too…”

 

“Wow, Yonghwa-ssi, you’re on the roll.”

 

He laughed, “Of course, you were pretty awesome last night yourself.” He chuckled when she rolled her eyes at him then whispered, “Let’s do that again tonight…”

 

“Let’s see how the day goes, okay?” She patted him on the back almost patronizingly making him laugh until the sound of the walker dragging on the floor got closer once more. Seohyun gave him another wink before giving their baby a big smile, “Hey, you’re back—”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter