Chapter 51

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

51. Team Appa

 

When the car pulled away from the driveway, Yonghwa’s eyes remained on the little one. She was still looking at the car but her expression remained blank. Her three fingers were stuck in and she was making little gurgling sounds. When the car disappeared in sight, Euna turned her body towards the house. Yonghwa smiled, this was probably how they would do when they send him off to work every morning. Kissing her cheek, he asked, “Do you want to go back?”

 

Euna didn’t need to reply because he was already walking back to the lake house but before he could move away from the gate, she whimpered. It was only then that it hit Yonghwa. There were many reasons he wanted to do this but the silliest of kissing Seohyun dragged him into regret. Euna was already wondering why her mommy rode the car and left her. He took a deep breath and kissed her temple, “I’m sorry, sweetheart.”

 

Her little head jerked to him and she babbled then squealed slapping her wet hands on his face. “That’s the spirit! Are you excited for Appa-and-Euna day?” As a response, Euna moved her body forward towards the house and he smiled taking it as a sign that she wanted to spend time with him.

 

He sat him on her baby seat at the kitchen once they got in the house. He gave her the pacifier that she eagerly put in . Pulling a chair in front of her, he sat and grinned that coaxed her to giggle. Yonghwa cleared his throat and started, “Euna-yang, you probably noticed that it’s just you and me but umma will be back before you know it. Now, umma and appa have this bet. It’s only for one day, Euna, let’s have fun today—you and I. You’re on appa’s side, right?”

 

Euna giggled and tapped her hands on the tray excitedly.

 

Yonghwa chuckled at her enthusiasm. It was a good sign for him so he continued, “Be a good girl today—“

 

“Ahhhh!!!” Euna yelped taking her pacifier off then it dropped on the tray.

 

She tried to get it back but Yonghwa got it and placed it back into her awaiting mouth, “Now, Euna, you have to focus. This is a serious matter we’re discussing here.” The little girl grinned, her drool slowly descending from the sides of her lips so he brushed it off with his thumb, “Jung Euna is Team Appa, yes?”

 

Euna made that gargling sound in as she moved her hands up and down.

 

“I know, I know,” he sighed with a shake of his head, “You haven’t decided yet.”

 

“Uhhhh…” the little girl turned her gaze to the open balcony when the winds made the curtains dance.

 

“But I will try my best to make Euna happy,” he stood and took the pink paper she posted on the fridge. “Now, let’s see what umma’s missions are…”

 

Euna giggled especially when he accidentally tripped. Getting back to his feet, he grinned at her, “You find that funny?” Euna yelped and giggled when he kissed her forehead. Taking his seat again, he checked the paper, “Let’s see…. Hmmm… Euna’s bath… nap…. laundry… laundry?”

 

The little girl smiled but her brows lifted like she was asking him what’s wrong.

 

“She didn’t tell me about the laundry,” he said thoughtfully then winked at Euna, “Let’s see if appa knows how to operate the washing machine, shall we?”

 

Euna giggled.

 

“Okay, I think I got everything.” He placed the paper on the table and plopped his arms on the tray of the baby chair, “And you, Jung Euna, just have to be your happy little self, okay.”

 

The little girl whimpered.

 

~~~~

 

“Call him,” Yuri spoke behind her. She was slumped on the couch while Seohyun was seated on the floor with the television blaring at the background. Yuri had been watching her from the moment she arrived and she noticed how restless the younger woman was.

 

“I shouldn’t,” Seohyun shook her head and pushed her phone away.

 

She laughed, “Why shouldn’t you?”

 

“It would appear as if I don’t trust him,” Seohyun shrugged but she let her chin fall on her arm that was resting on the coffee table.

 

She bit her lips to stop herself from laughing then asked softly yet playfully, “Do you?”

 

Seohyun whipped around to find her unnie giggling so she exclaimed, “Of course, I do!”

 

“Then stop fidgeting,” she chuckled when Seohyun turned away again.

 

The feeling that she had as she drove away from them settled in her and it seemed that it wouldn’t be going away any time soon. If she should let her feelings take over, she would be back in the lake house but she was doing this for them.  They both knew the real deal between them and time is ticking. As Euna grew, the time they would be spending together was getting shorter as well.

 

There was no doubt that Yonghwa had fallen helplessly in love with her baby and she knew that no matter how painful it would be for her, if in the future he would have children of his own— she knew that Euna would be his eldest child. So she wanted Yonghwa to have this memory with her baby but she was worrying for both of them.   “Should I?” she murmured almost to herself and heard her unnie laugh behind her.

 

“You know, we should undo the lie that you told him,” Yuri slipped off the couch and sat beside her.

 

She sighed recalling that she told him that little lie of spending time in the city with Yuri when she actually told her unnie she just wanted for them to stay in her apartment and literally wait. It was only about fifteen-minute away drive compared to half-an-hour if they go to the city.  It was not that she was already expecting him to fail but she didn’t want to be taken unprepared in case the call came.

 

“Yah, why don’t we just go to the spa then go straight to shopping afterwards.”

 

Her thoughts stopped there just as she giggled at her unnie’s offer, “That’s an enticing offer but I’m just worried he’d suddenly call.”

 

“Alright, that sounds reasonable,” Yuri nodded clearly amused, “How about we go out in three hours? By then Euna’s probably comfortable.”

 

“I don’t know, Unnie…” She took a deep exhale, folded her legs up and rested her chin on her knees, “He gave me a supplementary card.”

 

“He did?” Yuri playfully shoved her then pointed a finger at her, “And I can’t believe you took it.”

 

“He’d be upset if I didn’t…” she shrugged as she continued, “But you know I won’t use it.”

 

“Why shouldn’t you? Anyway, at least use if for something…” Yuri decided not to more of the fact that she was definitely obvious of her feelings for Yonghwa.

 

“Hmmm…” She rolled her eyes noticing that glint in the older woman’s eyes but she grinned and gave her unnie what she wanted to hear, “He said to buy something for his eyes only… I don’t even know what it means.”

 

She laughed, “Oh, Seohyun, stop pretending like you don’t know what it mea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter