Chapter 6

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6. Strangers

 

He yawned the nth time grumbled at the other woman sitting across him, “I wanna go home... it's almost morning...”

 

“No... you stay where you are. That sofa is big for you to lie down.”

 

“But Gomo, my back is aching already!” Yonghwa complained but this time she did not even look at him. It was the sign of his defeat. She told him— no, ordered him to stay until the woman wakes up to tell her about her stupid plan. It has been hours since she was transferred to a private room but the doctor said not to wake her since she needed to rest. So, his 'darling aunt' decided for their vigil.

 

It was amazing how this woman slept through all the commotion of the hospital staff to put her to that room that she did not even lift a lid. Anyway, the scene he witnessed hours ago must really be strenuous for her.

 

“We will not go home until she wakes up,” Aunt Hyeon Ji broke the silence once again without taking her eyes off the television screen.

 

He pushed his back on the sofa and complained to himself. Yonghwa knew he was acting like a kid but he couldn’t possibly act maturely anyway. Lying on his side, he studied the woman who was sleeping soundly despite the soft buzzing from the television. He had been looking at her since he drove her to the hospital but that moment was the only time for him to study her closely. She didn’t look ordinary at all. She was beautiful— the kind that would stand out in a sea of other beautiful women. Her facial features were almost perfect that she didn’t really need any make-up unlike those women he chooses to surround himself with.

 

Her kind of beauty was serene. Looking at her, he felt the serenity himself.

 

Witnessing what she went through just a few hours ago made Yonghwa realize the strength she possessed.

 

This woman was no ordinary.

 

She was a force of nature.

 

Yet, she looked so innocent.

 

Innocent and strong. What a combination.

 

The thought brought him back to that time where she was struggling to push out the little life inside her. This woman just radiated far more beauty with all the sweat and tears in the world. She is beautiful— he could not deny that but the idea of what she might be in his life because of this weird set up his aunt was weaving thrilled him.

 

Hopefully, she’d say no.

 

In that moment, her brows furrowed almost mirroring how the little one looked a while ago. Yonghwa smiled to himself.

 

“Hmmmm...”

 

Yonghwa almost held his breath when she seemed to be on the verge of waking up and he bolted up when she slowly opened her eyes.

 

And smiled that smile coaxing this little thuds in his chest.

 

~~~

 

A piercing pain woke Seohyun and she held on to her abdomen. The weird sensation of finding it almost about more than half of its size just a few hours back astounded her. So she really did give birth. She exhaled softly with that thought. Of course she did! She just held her baby for that matter. A small smile crept on her lips. But there was another pressing matter to attend to— her bladder. Although her sight was still blurry and her body felt like she was carrying a boulder, she lifted herself up to go to the restroom.

 

“You're going to pee?”

 

It was a woman's voice so she reckoned it to be a nurse. She nodded and felt a hand guiding her up. “Thank you,” she mumbled with eyes half-closed.

 

“Be careful, my dear.”

 

Yonghwa watched the scene unsure if he should help or just stay on his seat. He decided to do the latter. He noticed that she was not fully awake to realize their presence in the room and prayed for her to go back sleeping. If his aunt would be talking to her in that state, he was so sure that she would just be nodding at the older woman.

 

Now, he was torn— would it be better for them to talk about this now so he could finally go home?

 

Seohyun was still lightheaded as she walked back to bed. Some corner of her body were numb, the other, well, they were just stinging with pain. She wondered if she needed more dose of painkiller. When the woman he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter