Chapter 106

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 106. Visits and Revisiting

 

Yonghwa noticed that she had the same worried look a few minutes ago when he shooed her out of the kitchen. He met her halfway across the room and wrapped her in his arms, “You’ll feel better once they get here…”

 

She sighed against his embrace and nodded, “I hope he likes you…”

 

Yonghwa chuckled releasing her, “Is that what you’re worrying about? You know, I’m a very likable person…”

 

“I know that,” she hit him lightly on the arm, “But I’m just worried since he’d always been very protective.”

 

He smiled realizing her real concern— she was just worried about him. “Come here, you,” he pulled her in his arms again and kissed that side of her ear where he knew she liked. And when she shivered making him then he whispered softly, “You’re his younger sister and let’s face it, you will always be his baby sister and no one would ever be good enough. But hear this, I may not be the best for you but I’ll make him realize that I will be the only one who will try the hardest.”

 

She bit her lower lip but he could tell the smile she was trying to keep. He leaned in aiming for a kiss but a howl broke into the room and he laughed looking down on their baby. Her shoulders were quivering, crying her eyes out like she was in pain until her mommy scooped her up. He watched them for a second, this fraction of moment crossed his mind that he was about to lose them both got him.

 

But he pushed the thoughts away and tried to take the baby from her, “Oh boy, she’s jealous again?” As expected, Euna was keen on having her umma until her phone started ringing and she literally jumped to him in surprise, “It must be them.”

 

From that moment on, Seohyun had that mechanical look that she just talked on the phone, walked out of the house and he followed along carrying their baby with him. She stood by the driveway waiting for them and Euna was already whimpering to get her attention. Perhaps her jealousy was starting to grow into this separation anxiety. He sighed kissing her cheek and tried his best to distract her. Thankfully, the garden was enough to keep her busy for a while. Yonghwa smiled when she looked at them obviously ecstatic and worried all at the same time. He had this tinge of worry as well but she needed his strength so when he heard her cry out for her brother, he stood and watched her ran to him blindly.

 

Yonghwa tucked the baby on his side and watched as Seohyun plunged herself to his brother. Surprisingly for him, her oppa looked familiar and it may because the siblings resembled each other. He smiled watching her back rose and fell indicating that she was crying and Joowon was chuckling at her. Finally, Yuri made her way to him and Euna after watching that little scene for a moment as well.

 

“Hey, baby…” she cooed taking the baby in her arms and showering her with kisses, “I miss you. Do you still remember me?”

 

His focus was now on his baby taking extra careful attention that she remained calm considering the fact that she hadn’t seen Yuri in a while. Yonghwa knew that after her initial curiosity of her she would start crying. But then her lips curled into a smile that Yuri beamed as well, “She still remembers you.”

 

“Of course!” Yuri exclaimed hugging her tight and Euna seemed comfortable that she started poking her Imo’s face with her finger. After a while she got bored and her little eyes searched for something more interesting until she saw her umma and she giggled. But her excitement didn’t last long when she didn’t turn to her. Euna pointed at her for a second mumbling something then her lips turned pouty.

 

“Watch her…” Yonghwa said in a whisper and the older woman looked confused for a moment until she realized what he meant but he explained anyway, “Euna wants her umma for herself.”

 

She laughed softly turning her look on the siblings who were quietly talking and she could tell that Seohyun was crying. For a couple of times, Joowon looked at her and she would give him an assuring smile. This was what she was here for anyway— moral support.

 

But Euna stole her attention once more when she heard her soft whimpers and murmurs, “Oh, she’s crushed!”

 

Yonghwa laughed looking at her pouty face and when she turned to him, she almost jumped in his arms as if looking for help. “What’s wrong sweetheart? That’s your uncle— your other uncle.”

 

The little girl wasn’t hearing it especially as it seemed that her appa wouldn’t help her get back her umma. She looked back at her Imo and sniffled, her fingers clasped in each other near her chin as if begging and when she only laughed at her, Euna wailed in response.

 

“Aigoo, sweetheart,” Yonghwa chuckled bouncing her then kissed her temple until he saw Seohyun walking towards them. He gave her a smile of encouragement when she took the baby from him and braced himself for the inevitable meeting. Seohyun gave him that kind of smile he recognized from early this morning when she was pacing so he touched the small of her back as she started the introduction.

 

“This is Euna,” Seohyun said in a huff then smiled widely at her brother.

 

“Euna,” Joowon repeated then raised his hand tentatively, obviously unsure how to approach the baby until she sniffled, babbled for a second then offered her finger to him. He laughed taking that finger and shook it, “Hi, Euna. It seems that I’m your uncle.”

 

She giggled and they all laughed when she pointed at the little bridge leading to the house.

 

“So, I guess, that means we should move to the house?” He chuckled and looked at his sister, “She’s cute.”

 

“Just cute?” Seohyun playfully said then shifted her gaze to her other side, “And, this is Jung Yonghwa—”

 

“Euna’s Appa,” Yonghwa offered his hand and he almost thought he wouldn’t take it but he did and not without that tight smile. He knew then that the scrutiny had started.

 

“The father, huh?” He replied and dropped his hand before turning to his sister, “Why are you still not married?”

 

“Oppa,” Seohyun chastised him lightly then turned to Yuri who only laughed but waved her hand.

 

But Yonghwa patted her back quietly telling her it was okay then asked instead, “Why don’t we all go to the house?”

 

“That’s a good idea,” said the olde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter