Chapter 116

Suddenly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 116. Change of Heart

 

“I just can’t believe you could possibly ‘forgot’ me that night. You seemed to have gone back for seconds.” He was taken aback saying that himself that even the slap that followed almost knocked him off his feet. The pain and anger in her eyes were even more pronounced but the devil in him just whispered that she didn’t have the right to hold those feelings. But suddenly, her face softened after that one big intake of air.

 

Seohyun shook her head in resignation while her feet retreated backwards as she spoke quietly, “Maybe this is for the best. I can no longer live like this, Oppa. If you want to see Euna, you’d need to visit her in Tokyo.”

 

There was this finality in her voice that he actually felt terrified thinking of everything that he would be losing. Yonghwa caught her wrist before she could even take another step farther away from him but the way she looked at him with disgust was something so new to him, “Let go, Oppa.”

 

“I should get mad at you, Seo Joohyun. That night,” Yonghwa heard himself speak almost breathlessly with his heart drumming inside him so fast. The pain came rushing as the words spilled from deep inside him, “You took away my choice if I wanted to be a father. You took that choice away from me and now you’re taking another choice from me. Euna is my daughter. You are trying to take her away from me again.”

 

She shook her head after a deep breath, “I am not. I told you, you can still see her.”

 

“In Tokyo?” He scoffed.

 

“That’s what you get for all these ugly accusations you’re throwing at me— for not trusting me enough. For not believing me— and in me. Goodbye, Oppa.”

 

His body reacted to her words.

 

Perhaps it was some sort of a sick defense mechanism that he just pulled her to him. The very first touch of her chest against his sparked this longing he had been keeping inside him.

 

It wasn’t abrupt— the kiss.

 

Her body pressed on his, soft and warm for a second until his fingers raked through her hair, until his hands molded her face and brought her lips closer to his. The initial taste of her was too overwhelming that he couldn’t stop himself from crushing his mouth into hers that she gasped out loud.

 

And when her tongue met his, he just lost it.

 

Everything they had came rushing through him. The smiles, the laughter, the quiet conversations they would have in his study after Euna had been placed to sleep, and even those silent moments of just being close to each other or knowing that the other was just somewhere near to touch, to kiss.

 

Like this.

 

And while they were there forgetting the world around them and just feeling her this close to him, Yonghwa remembered that night that he thought he just lost her.

 

This kiss, this moment.

 

It told him that she was not that far gone.

 

She was still with him holding on to them, hanging on to what they have.

 

But slowly, as this realization came to mind, Seohyun pressed her hands against his chest and pushed him gently. The moment he opened his eyes and gazed at her beauty, he saw her tears slowly flowing down her cheek. She shook her head and stepped away without saying a word.

 

She must have been a few feet away when he finally found his voice as he stared at her back, “Stop please, just stop. Let’s stop this… I’m sorry, for everything that I said, just come home. He begged, Yonghwa shamelessly begged but it didn’t really matter, “I can’t— I can’t live without you, I need you… I need Euna. I will go crazy, Seohyun.”

 

He saw her move, her hands brushing on her face then turned to face him again with voice breaking, “Tell me you believe me then…”

 

“It doesn’t matter—”

 

“It does. Give me a better reason to stay, Oppa.” 

 

Her words silenced his mind yet brought chaos to his being.

 

He tried to open his lips but he could only take in air and it was definitely enough for her to walk away. She took little steps backwards like waiting for him to finally come to his senses but he just stood there and watched her— watched her beautiful face until she turned away— walked away.

 

~~~~

 

It was dark when she finally made it home and couldn’t stop apologizing to her unnie who took care of Euna after Ajumma left that afternoon. She only stopped and smiled when Yuri said that it was not a bother at all since she would just be crashing at her brother’s place for the night. Her baby was surprisingly awake when it was actually way past her bedtime as if she was waiting for her. It was something she was thankful for since spending this quiet time with her little angel would somehow heal her broken heart.

 

She sat across Euna while she was busy putting the small wooden blocks inside a pitcher which she probably fought tooth and nail to have from her gentle nanny. Her little feisty one was forming a very strong, st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter